Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Eh he's at a financial services firm on the east coast - suits and ties arent extreme even if his local office is more lax.

Going off what Wes said about men in menswear, this is a picture I have on my wall. I believe it's NYC in the mid 1900s. Most guys had a hat to go along with the suit too.

Thanks for the support NT fambz.
8)

Bro, I'm always admiring your fits in this thread and on IG. I assume you around 5"6-5"10? (no creep status lol)

Anyway, I just got a tailor out here in Jersey and he hooked my blazer up pretty good. Where do you get your suits? Or more specifically, the midnight navy one that you posted recently?

I have a couple AC trips this summer and I'm trying to get these fits on point.
Which one is you on IG? Also, where in NJ are you?
As for suits, this friday I'm going to step my game up and cop one from SuitSupply, but prior to this one all of my suits are relatively inexpensive. The navy one you are inquiring about is from the gap. Got it two winter agos for around $100. My other suits are either kenneth cole, express, or gap. Most I think I spent on any one of them was $125 due to sales. However, some I invested more than others for tailoring.

How is he dressing extreme? Nothing about Adrian's fit is extreme, if anything it's pretty business conservative. What because it fits well it's him overdressing or dressing extreme?"
Here's how - 
"
Even got one of my boys to suit up with me 
pimp.gif
 (everyone there is ju
st shirt/slacks)" 

I'd consider suits in a "shirt & slacks" environment extreme. Nothing to do with fit... obv. fit is number one when it comes to dressing well. C'mon dude. 

And as far as wj4 comment about "high ranking style forum members taking pics." Yeah - Agreed. The difference is high ranking vs. first week intern.

I don't know who hurt you, but I'll assume that it was someone in a suit and tie. I've never seen you post in this thread and your first posts are talking poorly about a regular. Most of my sentiments regarding this issue have already been stated but IMO all the slander against his work attire has no foundation and is just hate. No one in this thread can tell the vibe in his office better than him so if he feels that its appropriate, who are we to tell him that its not?

props for getting in @ Bloomberg

...would love to get in one of the DC urea affiliates Bgov or BNA as an editor or analyst 

Even though the Nordstrom men's sale starts Friday, I'm seeing a lot of 40% off items already, including high end brands like Rick Owen and Jil Sander on the website.

Adrian, haters are going to hate. Keep doing you. Although I never post in the DB thread, I lurk to the max. 8):smokin even following you on instagram.

My man A wore a suit to his final where people probably wore pajamas, now he's in an environment where some form of "dressing up" is actually required...ya really thought my man was gonna pull up in pleated slacks and a polo?...by now ya should be used to it and know that this is who he is and how he likes to dress and at least now he has a much better reason to do so....quit reaching, he's a grown adult able to make his own decisions....as long as his work ethics are cool he should be good...the only thing I see as a problem is how he may be viewed by his peers who may think he's some sort of douche rookie trying to outshine them, but maybe this will inspire them to dress better, specially if they see his superiors like his style.

My man A wore a suit to his final where people probably wore pajamas, now he's in an environment where some form of "dressing up" is actually required...ya really thought my man was gonna pull up in pleated slacks and a polo?...by now ya should be used to it and know that this is who he is and how he likes to dress and at least now he has a much better reason to do so....quit reaching, he's a grown adult able to make his own decisions....as long as his work ethics are cool he should be good...the only thing I see as a problem is how he may be viewed by his peers who may think he's some sort of douche rookie trying to outshine them, but maybe this will inspire them to dress better, specially if they see his superiors like his style.

Hopefully it will inspire them to dress better. I'm meeting up with A tomorrow and no lie I'm still deliberating what to wear because I know A is always dressed to the T. I don't see that as a bad thing at all, if anything I wish there someone at my job that actually dressed well, to the point that I would want to make sure I'm dressed just as well as that dapper individual.

I appreciate the support Elkin, Serg, and everybody else. Wore a suit today as well. Pics later tonight.
#comeatmebros

As for our meet Serg, :lol: tomorrow is casual Fridays....however still expect a shirt/blazer combo lol. I expect you to look dapper as well though bro. I am excite.

*waits for "on NT at work? Smh" comments*
Currently waiting for supervisors to send more work. Already finished what was assigned, not even lunchtime.
:smokin

Adrianthe glen plaid suit you wore when carrying the green bag, does that suit have any color in it?I was thinking about getting the stafford glen plaid from JCP that has the light blue in it, but didnt know if it would limit me to only blue-ish ties.

A, thank you, I was definitely planning on wearing a blazer, I may even go with an out of season blazer especially with it being rainy and in the low 70s high 60s tomorrow.

Adrian the glen plaid suit you wore when carrying the green bag, does that suit have any color in it? I was thinking about getting the stafford glen plaid from JCP that has the light blue in it, but didnt know if it would limit me to only blue-ish ties.

the blue isn't light unfortunately and the shade of gray on the website is a lot lighter than what it is in person. I returned it as I felt the darker gray with the darker and pronounced blue would limit what I could wear.

Nope no color in mine but even a blue hue would look fine with almost every colored tie I can think off. Embrace the pop it creates. I honestly would do all shades of blue, green, red, orange...the list goes on :lol:

Edit: after reading what Serg just posted, I retract my statement. Haven't really seen that JCP suit but if it is that pronounced then you might be stuck with just blues :\

Last edited:
A, thank you, I was definitely planning on wearing a blazer, I may even go with an out of season blazer especially with it being rainy and in the low 70s high 60s tomorrow.
the blue isn't light unfortunately and the shade of gray on the website is a lot lighter than what it is in person. I returned it as I felt the darker gray with the darker and pronounced blue would limit what I could wear.
Serg, is this the one youre saying isnt as light in person?http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/...=false&catId=Bag&quantity=1&ppId=pp5002325118

Aight bruhs I think you guys may have finally sold me on a photographer suit. I'm definately gonna wait till there is a 40-50% off and cop one. Probably go with black since I already own a Navy, charcoal and Khaki.

Back
Top Bottom