Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I appreciate the support Elkin, Serg, and everybody else. Wore a suit today as well. Pics later tonight.
#comeatmebros

As for our meet Serg, :lol: tomorrow is casual Fridays....however still expect a shirt/blazer combo lol. I expect you to look dapper as well though bro. I am excite.

*waits for "on NT at work? Smh" comments*
Currently waiting for supervisors to send more work. Already finished what was assigned, not even lunchtime.
:smokin

A haters gonna hate. I can say from personal experience dress for the job you want and if someone doesn't like it even a peer (eff em). At one point I dressed up to work regularly then I got comfortable in my job and just became a khaki's and button down kinda guy. As I've been becoming more active in this thread and trying to prepare myself for grad school again I've been dressing up alot more. Several of my supervisors have taken note and have mentioned it in passing that they really appreciate the step up....

The funniest thing about my "dressing better" is that I have acquired very few new pieces I'm just finally putting them to good use. I owe a large part of that to this thread. Thank you NT for being NT.

:lol: at guys calling out my dude Adrian for wearing a suit to work :smh: I could totally understand if he was wearing a t shirt and jeans to the job but a suit?! Some of y'all are reeeeaching. :smh: If anything higher ups would appreciate the commitment to coming to work suited up AND doing the required work and beyond...Do your thing Adrian

:lol: at guys calling out my dude Adrian for wearing a suit to work :smh: I could totally understand if he was wearing a t shirt and jeans to the job but a suit?! Some of y'all are reeeeaching. :smh: If anything higher ups would appreciate the commitment to coming to work suited up AND doing the required work and beyond...Do your thing Adrian

It seems like people more so have a problem with him pointing out that he was the only one wearing a suit and stressing the fact that he is the best dressed person there. Just what i gained from reading but doesn't matter either way everyone will have their own opinion.

I prefer to work for the job I want rather than dress for the job I want. Not commenting on the suit debate, just irks by that saying every time I hear it. Been a manager and dressing up does not equal competency.

My man A wore a suit to his final where people probably wore pajamas, now he's in an environment where some form of "dressing up" is actually required...ya really thought my man was gonna pull up in pleated slacks and a polo?...by now ya should be used to it and know that this is who he is and how he likes to dress and at least now he has a much better reason to do so....quit reaching, he's a grown adult able to make his own decisions....as long as his work ethics are cool he should be good...the only thing I see as a problem is how he may be viewed by his peers who may think he's some sort of douche rookie trying to outshine them, but maybe this will inspire them to dress better, specially if they see his superiors like his style.
Which was the main point bruh.

Coleworld, this is the closest I can get to the actual color of the glen plaid jcp suit. The blue is definitely more pronounced, but still looks great IMO. I received numerous compliments on it

It seems like people more so have a problem with him pointing out that he was the only one wearing a suit and stressing the fact that he is the best dressed person there. Just what i gained from reading but doesn't matter either way everyone will have their own opinion.

This.

No one's hating.

This.

No one's hating.

But you can be the best dressed person and the worst employee, or be the best employee, or even the worst dressed worker and best employee (you'll be fired or praised depending on your work first and foremost)...there's no correlation to how good of an employee you are. If wearing a suit working at a financial firm is what someone wants to do then it shouldn't be a problem, especially if he's the one who knows what is appropriate at the company he's working for, not us. Just like some people are comfortable in polos and jeans, some are comfortable in suits...He even said there's other people who wear suits there, not that hes the only one..just that a large majority stick to dress shirts and slacks. I get what y'all are saying though, and if it were a t-shirt/jeans or extremely casual work place then I'd agree a suit and tie may be too much, but just not in this instance

Last edited:
Thanks for the support NT fambz.
8)

Which one is you on IG? Also, where in NJ are you?
As for suits, this friday I'm going to step my game up and cop one from SuitSupply, but prior to this one all of my suits are relatively inexpensive. The navy one you are inquiring about is from the gap. Got it two winter agos for around $100. My other suits are either kenneth cole, express, or gap. Most I think I spent on any one of them was $125 due to sales. However, some I invested more than others for tailoring.

Yeah I realized the tailoring is pretty expensive but thanks for the insight. My IG is LT_Junior and I'm out in North Jersey. Bergen County.

Even though the Nordstrom men's sale starts Friday, I'm seeing a lot of 40% off items already, including high end brands like Rick Owen and Jil Sander on the website.

Yep, I was there yesterday and they already had some good sales

Even though the Nordstrom men's sale starts Friday, I'm seeing a lot of 40% off items already, including high end brands like Rick Owen and Jil Sander on the website.

The high-end men sale always starts before the mens sale. Atleast this has been the case online, in Houston and San Diego. Burberry is usually reserved for the regular sale.

BB factory has a pretty good sale going on ties now, buy 3 get 60% off. Generally theyre $40-50 each, so if you buy 3 you only end up paying about $20 each. I had a birthday coupon to stack as well so it was a no brainer for me, that and i can't even get enough ties

Back
Top Bottom