Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got my Levis 508s in the darkest wash yesterday....fit is a little snug initially since I sized down but overall the fit is :smokin :smokin Just found my new favorite jeans, probably gonna order one more pair soon

Question though: anybody have an idea of where I can get a toggle (button) shawl collar sweater for sub $100? I saw somebody wearing a gary marled looking one and it was pretty nice :nerd: :nerd:
25% off right now is the best I could find.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=28666&vid=1&pid=414728&scid=414728002

Idk I got a pair of 521's and when I bought my first pair of 508's I had to size up
hmm, perhaps they updated the US design to the original european 508's design? idk, I read from a levi's worker that different stores carry different quality levi's products even if it's the same cut, so idk if that means the cut is also different depending on the place you bought them. eh.

Copped that camo button down from Brooks brothers f&f. Got a lot of compliments on it today.
Is it a button down? I thought it was a regular dress shirt? The print is great. If the cut was made to fit me nicely, I would've got it too.

I went to the Gap to check out the GQ collection in person. I came out with the camo wool chinos. It's only ~50% wool, but at $80 or so, you can't expect too much. The fit is great though. They seem to have a lot of stuff left, the only thing that had 2-3 pieces left was the leather jacket, which felt crappy. It felt like vinyl, horrible quality.

I think a good percentage of us dislike the vest over jacket appeal. Conversely, vest under the jacket is very nice to me.
tumblr_masld0VJT61qh2pv5o1_500.jpg

Suits for the working man's budget. By Esquire. :x
http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-business-suits#slide-1
I LOL'd at the correlation they tried to pull with suit prices and salaries.

I know folks who barely make $40k a year and wear bespoke suits, thanks to credit cards. On the same token, I know the top 1% folks who own ill fitting suits from Ross and Marshall.

J. Crew is getting aggressive on their marketing. I browsed the new Forbes magazine and saw a 2 page spread for J. Crew. It featured the founder of Tumblr wearing their shirt and suit. It's great to see a mall brand being this aggressive.

RE: Lapel width. This looks great. The gentleman is a slender individual wearing traditional length tie and lapel.
tumblr_maui6vWpjH1qc8xtuo1_500.jpg

DB bros, I would love to dress better daily, but I can't kick the fitted hats.
I know the only thing worse than a grown man wearing a fitted hat everyday,
is trying to dress it up. Any advice on dressing better headwear? Thanks.

Driving caps, fedoras, and beanies (yes, beanies)...just don't wear it like TI. You need to make sure it matches with your attire as well.

This is brilliantly done, except for the collar and the way scarf is wrapped.
tumblr_m9wdgqSJyG1qfjc32o2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on these redwings.. Will be my first pair of boots aside from clarks. Whats everyones thoughts on wearing these? Are they pretty much only good with jeans or are they doable with darker colored chinos?
Jeans and chinos would be great with those Red Wings, as well as corduroys and even tweeds/heavy wool dress trousers.

I used to wear a lot of fitteds and replaced them with beanies..it can be a good look. Fedoras also if your head can pull it off 
laugh.gif
 I know I can't.

Carmina Austerity Brogue. Great looking shoe and last. Not too absurdly priced as well, under a grand for sure.

Thanks for the response.

If i remember correctly, you have a pair of double monk straps from carmina right? If so, do you know any difference between them and the AE Neumoras? I know quality wise carmina is better but what about shape wise? Carmina looks like they have a more pointed toe but then again pics can be misleading.

Thanks for the response.
If i remember correctly, you have a pair of double monk straps from carmina right? If so, do you know any difference between them and the AE Neumoras? I know quality wise carmina is better but what about shape wise? Carmina looks like they have a more pointed toe but then again pics can be misleading.
I'm not familiar with AE. I have 2 pairs of Carminas, one is the double monk as you mentioned, and the other is a Chelsea boot. Carmina has a plethora of lasts. For example, my Salinger (double monks) is more rounded and slightly bulbous, though not as bad as Alden's, than my Chelsea boots. I have those Carminas you inquired about en route to me in python skin. Should be here in a month or two. The last should be quite elongated, just like in the pictures.

Driving caps, fedoras, and beanies (yes, beanies)...just don't wear it like TI. You need to make sure it matches with your attire as well.
This is brilliantly done, except for the collar and the way scarf is wrapped.
tumblr_m9wdgqSJyG1qfjc32o2_1280.jpg

I like those umbrellas :lol: Info?

Back
Top Bottom