Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This guy just snatched some from his girlfriend without her knowing
laugh.gif

Is this for work? Dang, the LA Nters about to caravan down to meet you
laugh.gif

Yes sir. They have a conference and I am taking full advantage of this trip. (lol) I am planning to go golfing, too.

That would be awesome.  Being that I am renting a car, I think I can meet you guys at a mid point.
Head to Old Town San Diego, the parking is relatively cheap and free if you find it on the street. It's a few blocks of everything from old historical buildings like the first Wells Fargo bank to your tourist shops to artisan shops, may be even a thrift shop or two. There is this lady outside of this Mexican restaurant that sells fresh hand made caramel flour tortillas and chocolate tortillas...yes you read that right lol. For dinner I highly suggest Fiesta de Reyes which is in the same area. The food is amazing and so is the ambiance.

Here's a couple of links:
Old Town SD:
http://www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com

Restaurant:
http://www.oldtownmexicanfood.com
+1. Thanks, bro. I will mos def check these out.  Any sneaker stores out here? High end stores?

There's a science to this. You need to go often, and right after the items hit the shelves. You also need to know what to look for. You're not going to find the normal luxury brands, ie Prada, Gucci. If you lurk on the SF thread, they talk about luxury brands that are unbeknownst to the general public. Those dudes are highly skilled too, can detect the era from the tags :lol:

There are also consignment places, but those are pricier, and sometimes not worth it.

Thanks, gonna try to find some more spots out here in Sacramento and try and hit them more. My work schedule is what really puts a damper in my thrifting.

Good vid Pinoy, thanks for making it. I've been looking to order some of those allen edmonds shoe care products. I think you helped me make my decision.

Last edited:
Clubbing friday:

shoes are clarks and were bought at clearance for 70$. zara blazer: 30$ piazza italia pants: 10$; general store shirt: 10$ zara pocket square: 5$ h&m bracelet (for set of 3) 6$

Bros, anywhere I can find an affordable grey blazer that I can wear with jeans? I like the one that Adrian posted a while back from H&M but unfortunately I think it's from two seasons ago.

Check the Uniqlo website they've got some nice ones in cool fabrics for $69.90 and $49.90 right now.

Went to SuitSupply today in SoHo, the store is amazing and the customer service is equally as great. Tried on a couple of suits, there sizing can be a little weird but their suits are great. Going to go back in the next few weeks and pick up the Napoli fit in Navy.

Definitely won't regret it Serg, I love mine from there....great quality for the price

Looking for a good tailor to slim down pants as well as my suit jacket in the LA/OC area. Any have any recommendations?

Allen Edmond or Cole Haan

What's the average going price for AEs? And what price point would be considered a steal? The brand is having a pop-up shop and I'm thinking about picking up a pair. But I might wait it out if I can score something cheaper south of the border.

Nice pick up Pinoy. The difference after the polish is like night and day. Bookmarked the video lol.

Co-sign on the squeaky clean digital footprint. My mentor encouraged me to Google people before and after doing teleconferences. Helps put together the whole picture. And who knows what you might find..

retail price for most AEs is around $300 but they can usually be had on sale. i have paid around $200 for my pairs

Does anyone know how the J Crew BW peacoat fits? I'm a large and there's only a small and medium left online :/

lam's tailor in rowland heights
yelp it.

good work for the price
Yelp is becoming incredibly questionable now due to competitors giving false reviews. Not to take anything away from your guy. Tony the tailor in Alhambra is good. Tailor town in Glendale is great, I go here the most. Me Lee in West LA is good too. He does custom shirts and suits as well.

This Maxwell x GQ shots from 2 yrs ago has always been an inspiration for me

some new pickups today

Uniqlo linen shirt
BR Mad Men blazer
Uniqlo belt
Mabitex linen pants
1st pair of Toms
Liking the stance of the pants.

Also shout out to NCtwin for meeting up today :pimp:

Yelp is becoming incredibly questionable now due to competitors giving false reviews. Not to take anything away from your guy. Tony the tailor in Alhambra is good. Tailor town in Glendale is great, I go here the most. Me Lee in West LA is good too. He does custom shirts and suits as well.

i know first hand about yelp reviews.
A few posts back I mentioned how yelp and google suck at tailor reviews.
I can't find a reasonable tailor in the DMV.

I mentioned Lam since he consistently did good work for me.
Only thing good about yelp, and the reason i referenced it, is to get the directions and contact info.

Seems like you have more than one tailor on call . Was this thru trial and error?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom