Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Cuffs are nice and I agree with Wis, they add variety to your style.

Wis, what is your opinion on cuff size. I've always had my tailor do a 1.5" but now i'm wondering if it's better at 2"? 

First time replying, long time lurker. On NikeTalk since 2001 but lost my old sn. Keep up the good work fellas.
I recognize your SN from IG :lol: :pimp:

1.5" is a good size. I prefer 2", it's definitely on the bigger size..but that's how I roll. The more trad folks will say 2" looks weird. Some people will tell you to get the cuff size based on your built, ie how tall you are and how long your legs are.

It's not better or worse, just your preference, man. I buy Epaulet trousers and they're like 35-36" long on the inseam so I have enough fabric to install 2" cuffs.

Example from last week:

Wis, how wide is the leg opening on those pants? They look pretty tapered but the cuffs looks great

Hello DB,

Just heads up Macys has the alpha khakis on sale... all colors and the camo as well... saw online and since I had to go to the mall scooped me up a pair... 44.99.

wj4 - Great fit man.

Thought I'd break the rules and do black/brown today

Black/brown does work IMO. Thanks for participating
smile.gif
Not with suits.

With desert boots and black jeans/chinos im fine with. 

Not with suits.

With desert boots and black jeans/chinos im fine with. 
I don't have a black suit but I've done charcoal suit with brown shoes before and I like it. You can argue that charcoal is gray and gray goes with everything though :lol:

Hey_

Heads up.

J. Crew's "SUNSHINE" code for final sale items also includes Billykirk products.

The Schoolboy Satchel comes to $248.50, down from $355.

I just picked up one myself. (for $150, thanks to eBay)

Julius F. Wrek

Thanks for everyone's input about the city. Ended up picking up just socks at Uniqlo so I ended up scooping that 21men jacket. Glad I waited, turns out I liked how medium fit better for the sake of future layering. Uniqlo's layout is dope yet confusing. One thing I found awesome was the free in house hemming on pants over $20 (although can't comment on the experience since none were copped).
Please believe I hit some thrift shops in SoHo too. Unfortunately NJ is where it's at for the deals. Places I hit were priced out of this world. Except for Housing Works. Prices were reasonable ($8-10 for a tie). Quality Mending on Prince St. had a pair of Walnut AE Strands in an 11 2B for $158 but all shoes were 50% off so you could scoop for $80 really good condition too. I believe there was a pair of AE Fifth Ave's in Black sz 10.5 that would come out to $65 iirc. A lot of florsheims and rugged boots (red wing esque)
but they were in pretty gnarly condition. If you know how to restore/shine and are looking for things to keep, I'd suggest checking it out. Ended the day in Times Square checking some shops then made our way to 53rd and 6th for that chicken and rice. Well worth the wait haha.

Here's some pics from the day (definitely put that tripod to use :pimp: ):

(Quality Mending)

(Uniqlo)

Dem pickups:

Depends on the event and the cut of the suit. Slim suit with no break in the leg yes, only in summer/spring with no socks and a hot/tropical wedding. Conservative event with a traditionally cut suit you need lace ups.

Summer time wedding for one of my fraternity brothers. About to pull the trigger on a white tuxedo top and take it to the tailor. What style loafer would complement a white top and black bottoms?

What sort of pants should I go with? One of my boys said to look into slim/tapered corduroys. Not too sure about that.

Summer time wedding for one of my fraternity brothers. About to pull the trigger on a white tuxedo top and take it to the tailor. What style loafer would complement a white top and black bottoms?

What sort of pants should I go with? One of my boys said to look into slim/tapered corduroys. Not too sure about that.

White tuxedo jacket, black pants, and loafers you say?

Summer and Cords should not be used in the same sentence. If you are doing a slim dinner jacket with black tuxedo slacks yes. Don't try to build a tux out of suit separates. That is a no no!

Yeah great pics Adrian :smokin , I need to hit NYC soon haven't been there in about 4 yrs :smh:

And big ups to Wis getting on GQ too #NTDB

Last edited:
Depends on the event and the cut of the suit. Slim suit with no break in the leg yes, only in summer/spring with no socks and a hot/tropical wedding. Conservative event with a traditionally cut suit you need lace ups.
Yeah. If the weather is not warm, I'd go with the typical black patent leather. And no, you can't use the 11s! Haha.

This is how I imagine Adrian in several years. Nicely executed on everything here.

Also, Adrian...how did you use the gorilla arms? I mean no one walked in front of you guys while it was counting down? :lol:

Also, Adrian...how did you use the gorilla arms? I mean no one walked in front of you guys while it was counting down? :lol:

I was wondering about this as well. I wouldn't want to walk around with this thing :lol:

Repped A, glad to see you two had a great time. Fit is awesome aswell

Yeah great pics Adrian :smokin , I need to hit NYC soon haven't been there in about 4 yrs :smh:

And big ups to Wis getting on GQ too #NTDB

Yeah. If the weather is not warm, I'd go with the typical black patent leather. And no, you can't use the 11s! Haha.

This is how I imagine Adrian in several years. Nicely executed on everything here.

Dem pickups:

Great looking jacket.  Is there a link to it or is it only in stores?
Thanks everyone. We definitely had a great time. Can't wait til we are rolling 20 deep when that DBNT summit happens :pimp:
And August, I tried finding online but to no avail. I know I saw this jacket in stores around winter time so maybe just the store by me is burning off the rest of the stock. What size are you looking for?

I was wondering about this as well. I wouldn't want to walk around with this thing :lol:
Actually one one or two pics did people mess up. For the most part I made sure that I had enough time with no one around or I picked an area with little to no traffic to snap some pics. This thing is so awesome :D

Dem pickups:

Great looking jacket.  Is there a link to it or is it only in stores?
Thanks everyone. We definitely had a great time. Can't wait til we are rolling 20 deep when that DBNT summit happens
pimp.gif

And August, I tried finding online but to no avail. I know I saw this jacket in stores around winter time so maybe just the store by me is burning off the rest of the stock. What size are you looking for?
I'm 5'10 with a 40" chest.  What do you think would be a good size? Medium?

Btw, what is the material of the collar? Is it cord or leather?

Thanks man.  Appreciate the help.

I'm 5'10 with a 40" chest.  What do you think would be a good size? Medium?

Btw, what is the material of the collar? Is it cord or leather?

Thanks man.  Appreciate the help.
You're up there with being a large medium or small large. The downfall is that your chest is pretty big for your height, which means when you size up, the arm sleeves, among other things, will fit improperly.

I'm 5'9'' with 37" chest and I'm a large small. My buddy is 5"10" with a 39" chest and he usually goes MTM on lots of stuff because the fitment is always slightly off.

Sidenote: for those wondering what I mean by large medium or small large, the sizing is a continuous line

S----M----L
No one just falls as a direct small, medium, etc. We are all different and fall in unique places in the sizing line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom