Dressing Better Vol 2.0

K bros - where should I be looking for a blazer? J.Crew has some nice ones but they are double vent, and when it comes to blazers I prefer a single/centre vent. Banana Republic's blazers are OK, and could work as a last resort. Any brands or places I should be looking?

Last edited:
K bros - where should I be looking for a blazer? J.Crew has some nice ones but they are double vent, and when it comes to blazers I prefer a single/centre vent. Banana Republic's blazers are OK, and could work as a last resort. Any brands or places I should be looking?

I think that Banana Republic's tailored fit blazers are on point. I know there are a few reviews on Dappered.com that praise the fit and quality of them. I also own a tailored fit suit from BR that fits me very well OTR and I have not made any alterations on the jacket.

I have always been a fan of LL Bean Signature and right now they have chino blazers in a few colors on sale right now for $100, with a single back vent. The reviews seem to be all over the place, but I have yet to buy or see something in that store that has let me down.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/779?subrnd=1&nav=siggnro-hp

Last edited:

Zara broski

I'm still planning to cop, i have a couple pair of johnston and murphy loafers that have been good to me, my go to loafers till the weather got cold were my j&m. I have something else I wanted to cop so I'll hold off on these till later, but I definitely plan to get those or a pair of og staffords for bad weather

I know ppl were asking about some good inexpensive drivers. I picked up a pair of these cole haan drivers this weekend at Dillard's. Think they're good for 100. Also got 3 brooks brothers "essential" slim cut dress shirts. :smile:

Dress for yourself, whatever makes you feel good, comfortable confident, an interviewer will not give a damb as long as you are dressed within the formal spectrum, that means chopper suit or slim suit, wingtips or squared toe Aldo's.

This. Only exception I'd say is business interviews, go the extra mile for those.

this as well, i can't rock my normal leather sole wingtips now with snow/ice and slush everywhere unless i want to destroy my shoes. I'm getting a pair of daltons sometime soon, but I'm also gonna cop a pair of say jcpenny staffords for a similar look in bad weather. 

Again I know he's probably trolling but someone may come in with legit thoughts of this direction (though maybe not cause it's a sneaker site) and I want to give them a legit response when they're like me and reading all 1300 pages of this thread. 

In regards to the JCP Staffords if you can find the Camlin boot out there aka the poor man's dalton buy them. I've been wearing them since Monday to work due to the bad weather and they are holding up very well. They have salt on them and are dirty but that's the purpose they serve for me right now, poop kickers. Worn them with everything from a bespoke suit to BR cords.

Email [email protected]

Ask if they have a pair of Allen Edmonds Clifton in your size and width (likely a D width if normal sized foot)
That is the model shown in my post. The shoe bank alias is their outlet. If in stock, you should be able to land the pair for around $130 marked down from$295. That's how much I picked them up for and the pricing is usually consistent.

As for the interview, I always wear my pair whenever one pops up. Landed my current gig in my Clifton's :pimp:

Clifton at $130 is a great price and something that can be resoled in the future.

makes an essential list with 20 pairs of jordans one day then criticizes someone for having 5 pairs of shoes whose only similarity is that they are brown. cool.
I know your trolling right now, but at no point has anyone posted a list of 20 jordans that look the same as essentials. That just hasn't been done. 5 pairs of the same looking brown shoes is just a waste. If your gonna have that many dress shoes why not mix it up a bit. Scared to dance with the beige? Can't tango with the mango? Not cool for the blue? Just suggesting mixing it up a bit. 5 brown shoes for 200 each just seems like a waste.

Look at the pic above, just actually look at each shoe.

Different materials, different styles, different shades, I'm working my way up to a rotation like that right now too, cuz tbh, when I put on a pair of chinos with a specific obcd and cardigan, sometime the shade of brown or material will make or break the whole look. And I'm thinking damn, alright at least I know what I need in the future for the next purchase

And your essentials list had like 4 pairs of Jordan's on it? How the hell is this any different? :rofl:

I'm convinced you disagree and troll just to troll, take it too far, and get banned and come back with a new username every other month

When I start my menswear store I'll be there :pimp:

Pitti seems so dope though, outside of all the peacocking and notice me fits. There are so many well dressed gents

What do you think about brown toe caps for a grad school interview? I know black is generally more formal, do you think that brown shoes with a navy suit will be to casual?

Any suggestions for a pair? Price range in $100-170. Thanks
Email [email protected]

Ask if they have a pair of Allen Edmonds Clifton in your size and width (likely a D width if normal sized foot)
That is the model shown in my post. The shoe bank alias is their outlet. If in stock, you should be able to land the pair for around $130 marked down from$295. That's how much I picked them up for and the pricing is usually consistent.

As for the interview, I always wear my pair whenever one pops up. Landed my current gig in my Clifton's :pimp:

Kinda late to the party but they are on sale

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-e...ferralID=334ddf4f-787b-11e3-9104-001b2166c62d

Michael B Jordan is one of the consistently best dressed dude out there right now. His suits are always on point.

Actor not former NBA player. :lol:

Last edited:
Dude is essentially a NTer, juding by what he puts on social media. One hell of an actor too, hope he continues moving up the Hollywood ranks

Michael B Jordan is one of the consistently best dressed dude out there right now. His suits are always on point.

Actor not former NBA player. :lol:

Dude is essentially a NTer, juding by what he puts on social media. One hell of an actor too, hope he continues moving up the Hollywood ranks

Deinitely a great actor and dresser. He has a great style team behind him.

Back
Top Bottom