Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Tan recommended I ask my question here.

My boy is getting married in 2 weeks. I need to buy shoes, shirt, tie, and pants. I'm 28 and don't even own a suit. I'm ready to grow up. For the wedding, I prefer to not wear a suit.

Was thinking something along the lines of this, if appropriate:

Fitted-Shirts1.jpg

Thanks.

Wear a suit.
Exactly.

Tan recommended I ask my question here.

My boy is getting married in 2 weeks. I need to buy shoes, shirt, tie, and pants. I'm 28 and don't even own a suit. I'm ready to grow up. For the wedding, I prefer to not wear a suit.

Was thinking something along the lines of this, if appropriate:

Fitted-Shirts1.jpg

Thanks.
FYI...the werewolf is wearing a suit. He's holding the jacket in his hand. You don't want your shirt looking that fitted though. It's not a compression shirt.

You're 28 (same age as me), you should need to own at least one suit, brother. Get it in gray or navy. You can wear that thing to almost everywhere...job interviews, weddings, nice restaurants, etc.

Last edited:
PS for anyone looking for tanks for the summer. I recommend the Nordstrom Rail joints. They're 2 for $30 and darn good. Size up one for a trim fit. Size up two for a more relaxed fit. I take a small in J. Crew and I rock a large in them. I also recommend Topman swimming shorts. They're $35-50 depending on the print pattern. Comfortable, slim, but not restrictive for moving.

Where do you guys get your suits?

I got a friend who works at Mens Warehouse, I remember a recent thread where someone mentioned to not get one from there because of how they tailor the suits.

Im not sure what I'd be asking for, if there's a specific name but something like the middle

tailored-suits.jpg

Last edited:
Where do you guys get your suits?

I got a friend who works at Mens Warehouse, I remember a recent thread where someone mentioned to not get one from there because of how they tailor the suits.

Im not sure what I'd be asking for, if there's a specific name but something like the middle

tailored-suits.jpg
There are two types of folks: those who wear suits because they have to, ie job interview, wedding, court appearance, etc. and those who wear suits because they want to. The difference is usually noticeable in terms of fit and coordination.

I wear suits to work, and outings. I don't get dressed up to go to Costco though...shorts and sandals would do :lol:

Middle seems just like a black suit. Probably notch lapel, but can't see.

Yes, stay away from MW and Jos A Bank. I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but generally:

$200 = Express, H&M.

$400 = on sale J. Crew, Banana Republic, factory stores.

$500+ = made to measure.

You need to find a good tailor since almost nothing off the rack will fit you 100%.

2 weeks is cutting it though. You need to cop a suit like tomorrow and drop it off at the tailor. Not enough time for MTM.

There are two types of folks: those who wear suits because they have to, ie job interview, wedding, court appearance, etc. and those who wear suits because they want to. The difference is usually noticeable in terms of fit and coordination.

I wear suits to work, and outings. I don't get dressed up to go to Costco though...shorts and sandals would do :lol:

Yes, stay away from MW and Jos A Bank. I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but generally:

$200 = Express, H&M.

$500+ = made to measure.

You need to find a good tailor since almost nothing off the rack will fit you 100%.

2 weeks is cutting it though. You need to cop a suit like tomorrow and drop it off at the tailor. Not enough time for MTM.

Thanks for the info. Going to Express, J. Crew, and Macy's to see what I can find.

My issue is finding a tailor who can get it done like I want by the time I need it. Should've came in here weeks ago, smh

Thanks for the info. Going to Express, J. Crew, and Macy's to see what I can find.

My issue is finding a tailor who can get it done like I want by the time I need it. Should've came in here weeks ago, smh
If you're on the skinnier or leaner side, this model will work for you. 30% off should help.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...UE&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row8

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...E&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row10

Wis, was that the peacoat that you bought from the J Crew sale and tailored it? If so, it looks great!

If I am mistaking you for someone else, then my sincere apologies :lol:

I'm 5'9" about 160, fit. Gonna stop by when I leave work in the morning. Probably gonna go with a navy blue.
Navy is nice but not on sale at the moment though. I wouldn't pay retail for a J. Crew suit. You're a 36 or 38 then. I'm 5'10" at 160 lbs and I rock a 38S/R.

Just make sure the shoulders are good. The rest can be tailored.

Wis, was that the peacoat that you bought from the J Crew sale and tailored it? If so, it looks great!

If I am mistaking you for someone else, then my sincere apologies :lol:
Haha. It's all good man. Not me though.

I say we do hues of brown.

Just got my khaki colored suit back from the tailor yesterday, so I'm rolling with that tomorrow. Feel free to join in.

Hi. New to this, impressions on Cole haan lunar grand wing tips? Retail is $248 but I'm paying 120 for the milkshake colorway, can these be used in a dressy type setting ? I'm used to just buying some click clacks all black from payless, I wanna trying to be a little more stylish?

I say we do hues of brown.

Just got my khaki colored suit back from the tailor yesterday, so I'm rolling with that tomorrow. Feel free to join in.

Maybe we should do earth tones instead? (Green, brown, tan, yellow, etc.)

Last edited:

$200 = Express, H&M.

$500+ = made to measure.

I probably missed it while I've been skimming through the thread, but are there any favorites when it comes to the made to measure suits? From a quick online search I'm seeing Brooks Brothers and Indochino. Are those pretty official or are there better options?

Would it be safe to wear some Clarks Beeswax DBs to clubs in Vegas?
Honestly, you'll be fine, but I would wear something a little dressier. It's vegas, man! Go all out! I just went a few weeks ago, and I wore suit and and loafers (sans tie) to the club and went over real well. Show off a bit . . .you're literally at one of the flashiest places on earth, so get ya shine on, b!

Back
Top Bottom