Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Finally got to visit Uniqlo this weekend and while not overly impressed, it is a very good store though for mostly basics.

Shirts are nice and for the price, usually $30 but some on sale for $20, it feels 10x better than what H&Ms has to offer. They aren't the slimmest and even the XS could still tapering for me but very rarely do I find shirts that fit perfectly to me so it's a very good option to most. Their chinos are very good too for $40 and they will shorten it for you for free on the spot, you can pick them up in an hour or so. That is genius! Quality felt solid, they are thick and hefty and again even though not the slimmest, they are very nice and if it's a void in my wardrobe, I could see myself copping all colors.

The two things I've heard great thing about are their heat-tech clothes and the very reasonably priced yet warm ultra light down jackets and vests. They felt and fit good and I can't wait to try it out once it gets cold (if it ever does).

Overall I was impressed but I do wish there were more variety. Even though they have countless patterns and colors of shirts and half a dozen colors for their chinos, those along with tee and jeans and sweats, I felt like there should have been more. They had one blazer which were unlined, no wool trousers, not many jackets (while it is still hot as hell here in SoCal, it is still fall season and they had a bunch of down vests so it makes no sense to not have much selection with jackets and they do have a lot available on their website). It would have been nice if the J+ collection were there. It is a store I'd definitely check out whenever I have the chance and it is a nice change from other stores that are just too season trendy like H&M and Zara.

Definitely check the place out when you got the chance.

Last edited:
Finally got to visit Uniqlo this weekend and while not overly impressed, it is a very good store though for mostly basics.

Shirts are nice and for the price, usually $30 but some on sale for $20, it feels 10x better than what H&Ms has to offer. They aren't the slimmest and even the XS could still tapering for me but very rarely do I find shirts that fit perfectly to me so it's a very good option to most. Their chinos are very good too for $40 and they will shorten it for you for free on the spot, you can pick them up in an hour or so. That is genius! Quality felt solid, they are thick and hefty and again even though not the slimmest, they are very nice and if it's a void in my wardrobe, I could see myself copping all colors.

The two things I've heard great thing about are their heat-tech clothes and the very reasonably priced yet warm ultra light down jackets and vests. They felt and fit good and I can't wait to try it out once it gets cold (if it ever does).

Overall I was impressed but I do wish there were more variety. Even though they have countless patterns and colors of shirts and half a dozen colors for their chinos, those along with tee and jeans and sweats, I felt like there should have been more. They had one blazer which were unlined, no wool trousers, not many jackets (while it is still hot as hell here in SoCal, it is still fall season and they had a bunch of down vests so it makes no sense to not have much selection with jackets and they do have a lot available on their website). It would have been nice if the J+ collection were there. It is a store I'd definitely check out whenever I have the chance and it is a nice change from other stores that are just too season trendy like H&M and Zara.

Definitely check the place out when you got the chance.

The HeatTech and Airism stuff is great. They definitely make a hell of a difference in cold or warm weather.

It makes no sense to me why there isn't a Uniqlo in the DMV area. :\

I have a few flannels, the UL down, and a pullover from them. Would definitely prefer shopping there than the likes of H&M etc.

Last edited:
For all you cats praising Clark's DBs for their comfort, where do you live?

I live in NYC and walk a lot every day, and I love DBs for their look, but it definitely is not the business walking around in them all day.

I didn't see the Airism, is that pretty much their Heatech version for the summer?

It functions like Nike's Dri-Fit, by drawing moisture away from the body and using it to cool you down. They don't do too well in humidity, if anything it makes it feel even stickier. At least that was my experience wearing it inside a humid indoor environment.

Opinions on AE McGregor Wingtips? I know they offer a variety of wingtips, but looking for a more dressy look in dark brown.

In the market for a decent scarf <$50 to wear with a navy suit to a party in early December. Any suggestions? I've never purchased a scarf so I don't know the material I should be looking for or pattern to go with navy.

For all you cats praising Clark's DBs for their comfort, where do you live?

I live in NYC and walk a lot every day, and I love DBs for their look, but it definitely is not the business walking around in them all day.
I live in Atlanta. I couldn't walk around everyday in any casual/dress shoe and not have hurting feet. Rockports were worn on all my NYC trips.

I remember I wore a pair of DB's to a theme park a few years ago and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. :lol: I had just bought them and they were comfortable, so I said "why not"? :smh:

I could barely walk back to the car after being at the park all day.

Last edited:
I remember I wore a pair of DB's to a theme park a few years ago and it was one of the worst decisions of my life. :lol: I had just bought them and they were comfortable, so I said "why not"? :smh:

DB's kill my arches for some reason. It's funny because I remember seeing people harping on their comfort because of the crepe soles. Wore them in Chicago walking around downtown and haven't worn them since.

DB's kill my arches for some reason. It's funny because I remember seeing people harping on their comfort because of the crepe soles. Wore them in Chicago walking around downtown and haven't worn them since.
This is where I think people make bad choices. Why would you wear DBS to a theme park? Why would you wear them to walk around Chicago. Be specific and wear appropriate items for the event. They are great for casual use, but definitely not for extended walking. This also goes for most dress or casual shoes.

This is where I think people make bad choices. Why would you wear DBS to a theme park? Why would you wear them to walk around Chicago. Be specific and wear appropriate items for the event. They are great for casual use, but definitely not for extended walking. This also goes for most dress or casual shoes.

I thought DB's are supposed to be everyday shoes that are cool for walking around in? Or nah.

DB Bros,

I just took an IT position where I will be doing a lot of walking. I will be required to wear suits and I need some recommendations for dressy shoes with preferably rubber soles that will be comfortable to walk around in. I would like them to look nice (along the lines of a pair of AE fifth aves or mcallisters) but I will likely be beating them up from walking/bad weather use outdoors.

I am considering getting one or both of these pairs of boots from JC Penney since they have rubber soles and look very similar to the styles I am looking for, albeit in a boot form. Although, since they are boots maybe they will not be too great for walking around extensively in.

Thanks.

DB Bros,

I just took an IT position where I will be doing a lot of walking. I will be required to wear suits and I need some recommendations for dressy shoes with preferably rubber soles that will be comfortable to walk around in. I would like them to look nice (along the lines of a pair of AE fifth aves or mcallisters) but I will likely be beating them up from walking/bad weather use outdoors.

I am considering getting one or both of these pairs of boots from JC Penney since they have rubber soles and look very similar to the styles I am looking for, albeit in a boot form. Although, since they are boots maybe they will not be too great for walking around extensively in.
 Thanks.
Saw those the other day, The price isn't bad especially for a guy like me on a tight budget.

... with preferably rubber soles that will be comfortable to walk around in. I would like them to look nice (along the lines of a pair of AE fifth aves or mcallisters) but I will likely be beating them up from walking/bad weather use outdoors.

I have a pair of AE Madison Avenues...has the rubber sole and quite comfortable but its a narrower fit...had to get a 10 E, when I'm normally a 10.5 D...

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=8692S&DIM=D&SIZE=105

i once walked over a mile in them (was a nice day out) and my feet were fine...

Last edited:
I have a pair of AE Madison Avenues...has the rubber sole and quite comfortable but its a narrower fit...had to get a 10 E, when I'm normally a 10.5 D...

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=8692S&DIM=D&SIZE=105

i once walked over a mile in them (was a nice day out) and my feet were fine...

Nice! Yeah after wearing a pair of AEs to one of my interviews and walking around in them I noticed they ran a bit narrow...Maybe I'll throw an insole into a pair. Thanks for the suggestion!

Looking to cop a few new dress shirts for work. Looking for a low cost and spread collar. Any help will be appreciated, Zara has provided 2 shirts that I digg. Any others would be helpful.

I thought DB's are supposed to be everyday shoes that are cool for walking around in? Or nah.
Everyday shoes yes, but they don't market them for heavy treks across the city. Find a shoe that does. Comfortable for a night out or a day of work yes.

Back
Top Bottom