Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Went to the outlets today. This tweed jacket is half off then another 25 percent off. J crew btw.

I been looking for a deal on these for a while and I know couple others are too:
sierra has wolverine 1000 mile boots for about 185 shipped..they are 2nds

Code-STW11614

Fellas, do you think this look can be pulled off in a city like Houston with its relatively mild winters?

dress-shirt-and-crew-neck-sweater-and-overcoat-and-zip-pouch-and-jeans-and-low-top-sneakers-large-2778.jpg

Also, anyone have experience with the Banana Republic topcoat? Or other suggestions in the price range. I intend to wear it mostly casually, as I only suit up for events.

I literally just ordered this today, hopefully it isn't boxy

material feels a bit on the cheaper side but i wasnt expecting a whole lot from BR.  overall looks pretty good though. fits quite well, def not boxy

anyone know of any boots that are similar to these but not vibergs? price is way out of my range :frown:
Best bet is to wait until these hit a sale:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing-beckman-boot-online-only-men/3102753?origin=keywordsearch

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing-beckman-boot-online-only-men/3881997?origin=keywordsearch

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-wing-blacksmith-plain-toe-boot-men/3890033?origin=keywordsearch

I literally just ordered this today, hopefully it isn't boxy
It's going to have normal clothes fit you well now that you have a body builder-ish build. If your drop is larger than 6-7", suiting and non-stretch clothes become an issue.

anyone know of any boots that are similar to these but not vibergs? price is way out of my range :frown:

:nerd: Actually have the same question.

Found these, but on the fence about them.
http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/leather-dress-boot/product/1063042898-mccarren-sons-plain-toe-boots

I really like the boot, but am very unfamiliar with their products. Apparently the brand McCarren & Sons is a trademark brand owned by Gilt and the shoes are commissioned by them to be made in unnamed shops in Italy and Portugal, etc. Can't really say whether that is a good thing or bad thing or neither since I've never actually come across their boots in person, but it does make me wonder where their getting what now seem to be arbitrary numbers in their price points.

Try and find a local cobbler and see what's good.

But it happened because its CH. Unfortunately quality just ain't there.

I been looking for a deal on these for a while and I know couple others are too:
sierra has wolverine 1000 mile boots for about 185 shipped..they are 2nds

Code-STW11614

Man I ordered a pair last night right after you posted and I got an email saying they refunded me because they were out of stock |I. Did your order go through?

Hey fellas in the market for some nice black denim. Trying to stay under $100 if possible. On the fence if I should get solid black or distressed? Thoughts?

Hey fellas in the market for some nice black denim. Trying to stay under $100 if possible. On the fence if I should get solid black or distressed? Thoughts?

Solid black.

Under $100: Levi's, Uniqlo, J Crew 484, Unbranded---these are just what come to mind. I'm sure there are others.

N&F makes great denim just north of $100. Another brand to look at is Ralph, I just got a pair of black Denim&Supply jeans for $55

Last edited:
Ditch the wingtips for loafers and rock only for only dinners and other situations where you'd wanna dress up. I'd also snag an unstructured, cotton or linen blazer for this.

Sightseeing? Rock with some sort of sneakers like Hank had mentioned. Ya feet gonna be killing you in dem AE's mang.
I have absolutely no idea how this happened. Please tell me there is a way to fix this

I had this exact tear in the same pair of lunars. I called customer service and ended shipping the shoes back to them. They could not repair them and ended up giving me a full credit. I was pretty happy with that considering that I had worn these shoes 3-4 times per week for 6-8 months before they ripped.

Back
Top Bottom