Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyway to clean the crepe soles on my DB's? I know it's to be expected but the sneakerhead in me keeps thinking I can clean them.

Crepe soles are like sponges. They soak up whatever dirt is on the ground as well as the elements and that makes it discolor. There's no way to reverse it unfortunately.

Anyway to clean the crepe soles on my DB's? I know it's to be expected but the sneakerhead in me keeps thinking I can clean them.

Nah they look better dirty any way. You wanna look like a rugged man or a girly boy? Just keep it gutter, keep it movin'.

Soap and water. I did it with my Wallabees everytime I would wear them. I do that with all of my shoes, but to clean that tan crepe sole is a pain. Requires too much work cause it catches and hold dirt. I eventually sold them. My desert boots with the darker crepe sole is easier to clean.

@Pinoy732

@wj4

@TomDiginson

DBNT fam, I copped a Baracuta G9, but the sleeves are a few inches too long. Off-hand, would you know if a tailor can shorten a sleeve from the ribbed cuff (jacket sleeves are also lined)? The shoulder/arms fit me perfectly, so I don't wanna shorten from the shoulders.

Yes, a good competent tailor should be able to do this. Make sure you send them a test item first or view any work they are currently working on. Recently ruined 4 pairs of trousers with this dolt who calls himself a tailor. Off of recommendations I went with dude, but he does sloppy unfinished work with loose thread hanging all over on the inside.

Last edited:
Madison DB came in yesterday. Will nip the waist and shorten the sleeves but other than that, fit was what I was hoping for.

However, while this is a linen cotton blend, it is a heavier fabric than what was expected. Along with it being fully lined, I doubt I will be taking it with me down to Miami in a few weeks. That being said, I believe the weight and texture will permit me to wear in F/W without any brows raising. Overall, very happy with my purchase.

^ Nice stuff, Adrian. Do you find the measurements posted on Suitsupply's product pages are accurate?

Sorry, I cannot really provide input on that. I am luckily able to head to a local brick and mortar to try on fits so I never gauge the site for measurement confirmations.

All I know is a 40R work in most cuts and a 42R in the Washington :\

Last edited:
the lapel width on that DB is wild, but in a good way.

just ordered CP chelseas from dope-factory for $330; sort of regretting the impulsive nature of the purchase but hopefully I feel better once they arrive.

Yeah it's a bit out there, which honestly is perfect for my rotation. Sold nearly all of my old suits to @ReturnBama which has left me without many peacock-y options left in my closet.

Here's some fit pics from the past few days btw.

Shirt and collar pin are from this most recent outlet as well.

Last edited:
I enjoy them but only on full suits. If you try to wear with odd trousers, I think its too clear that the jacket is orphaned.

@Pinoy732  , I have the exact same DB Jacket; I love it, but I've legitimately only worn it twice . . .once to a wedding and once on mother's day of this year. It was a silly full price purchase on my part
ohwell.gif

I wish the whole suit was available. I kinda hate just owning sportcoats/blazers but it's whatever. After alt's, I should be looking at sub $200 for my total purchase price :smile:

Back
Top Bottom