Dressing Better Vol 2.0

looking for some suggestions for black dress shoes that I'd be able to rock at the office. currently have a pair of black Clark Tilden cap toes, but I like to keep two black shoes in the rotation and my other pair is leanin at this point

Same boat but want a new brown and a black pair. I have two Cole Hahn wing tips.

Also looking for new dress pants. Still rocking Docker or Ralph Lauren trousers. Hate the bell bottom on the bottom.

And with Jeans, i have huge thighs so the jeans (usually Levi's) don't cuff.

This is a functional bar lace method. I do this on my CP's for reference.

Stock lacing on them jawnz straight atrocious

That noah jacket looks unbalanced AF. Really high stance, boxy cut, cropped length, and center vents?

Nah.

Where to find some decent ties and pocket squares? Looking to spend less than a $100. From what I remember Conrad Wu and Kent Wang are solid options. Anywhere else?

Also, looking for a good button up shirt, possibly with french cuffs for a wedding. I usually rock with Charles Tywhritt, but anywhere else I could look? Also looking for under $100 here. Wedding is in two weeks so MTM is prolly out of the picture

Copped these for $170 from Nordstrom Rack -- keep or nah?

The toe is a bit bulbous, but the shoes are super comfy and fit perfectly -- will post on feet pics later

http://www.zappos.com/p/rag-bone-military-chelsea-boot/product/8754677
At 170$, those are a keep in my opinion. I actually really like a lot of the stuff Rag&Bone puts out and most items are usually made well and high quality. They don't really look any more bulbous than a Bottega Veneta chelsea although Common Projects chelseas are a bit slimmer in profile.

SLP still makes the GOAT chelsea boot in terms of designer fashion brands but they definitely ain't $170 lol. Post some on feet pics when you have a chance.

Last edited:
Anyone have a New Republic promo code? Want to pick up a pair of Sand chelseas, but I have no need to sign up to FiveFour. repped.

How did you guys learn about suits? Not in a rush to buy or anything, but I would like to know about proper fit, etc.

Back
Top Bottom