Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So revisiting on Suit advice. Are Indochino and Suit Supply still the go to’s for affordable custom suits?

Want a black and cream so I can get my Steve Harvey on.

the thing is i'm trying not to spend $150 if possible. i also live in canada, so trying to find a store that has something so i can try them on etc.

Last edited:
JCrew dock shorts?
How do you and others like these? I’m looking for a pair of casual shorts and have been eyeing these but wasn’t sure about comfort.

They also have these kayak shorts in nylon, wondering if these are too short for casual wear? Think they have a mesh lining as well, not sure of it’s a brief lining or just lining the entire short.

How do you and others like these? I’m looking for a pair of casual shorts and have been eyeing these but wasn’t sure about comfort.

They also have these kayak shorts in nylon, wondering if these are too short for casual wear? Think they have a mesh lining as well, not sure of it’s a brief lining or just lining the entire short.
I actually don’t have a pair. Just aware of their existence. ballinsam23 ballinsam23 seems to vouch though.

I wear Patagonia Baggies mostly in causal settings. Kayak shorts seem pretty similar.

The dock shorts are my go to for casual wear. I only have the black pair but they’re comfortable. Make sure it’s the stretch ones. They have none stretch also that I tried on in store, felt different. Not too sure about the nylon ones.

J Crew Tech Dock Shorts are fantastic. Water repellent and stretchy. Light weight. Perfect summer shorts.
Second on the tech dock shirt from JCrew factory.

My wife picked up a part time job there a couple weeks ago. If u need a plug hit the DMs. Most NTers around here will tell you I'm good money.

Quality looks questionable
Not going to advise you guys again. Rocked them all day in NYC yesterday, comfy af. Free, easy returns at Nordstrom
PXL_20220627_144420804.jpg

For $40 you can’t go wrong as beaters. I’m sure quality not like CPs but that’s Payless prices, less than garbage Aldo too.

For $40 you can’t go wrong as beaters. I’m sure quality not like CPs but that’s Payless prices, less than garbage Aldo too.
Pretty much. These type of sneakers look like crap after several wears anyway. Not ultra luxury but also not Steve Maddens. But for a casual summer suit I was very impressed when I held these in hand at Nordstrom Rack

Hot take but I feel like SLP boots’ absurd pricetag might actually be justified. Got a new pair recently, this time with a 6cm heel so I wasn’t sure how comfy they’d be. For reference, my other pairs have 3cm and 4cm heels.

I can genuinely say these boots are comfy. Just like the other pairs, I never even had to break them in. My total amount of walking distance required for my work commute is a few kilometers and on day 1 these boots caused zero discomfort. I even walked for around 5-6 hours in a climate march with my 3cm heel pair on and never had any discomfort whatsoever.

I don’t know how they do it, especially the immediate comfort without having to spend any time at all breaking them in

Hot take but I feel like SLP boots’ absurd pricetag might actually be justified. Got a new pair recently, this time with a 6cm heel so I wasn’t sure how comfy they’d be. For reference, my other pairs have 3cm and 4cm heels.

I can genuinely say these boots are comfy. Just like the other pairs, I never even had to break them in. My total amount of walking distance required for my work commute is a few kilometers and on day 1 these boots caused zero discomfort. I even walked for around 5-6 hours in a climate march with my 3cm heel pair on and never had any discomfort whatsoever.

I don’t know how they do it, especially the immediate comfort without having to spend any time at all breaking them in
It depends on the model. Harnesses aren't meant to be worn for long durations. This was a few years back, but I wore a pair for about 16 or so hours. Wore em to work, then to hang out after work. Feet were destroyed. Wyatt Chelsea's on the other hand are more comfortable for longer durations.

It depends on the model. Harnesses aren't meant to be worn for long durations. This was a few years back, but I wore a pair for about 16 or so hours. Wore em to work, then to hang out after work. Feet were destroyed. Wyatt Chelsea's on the other hand are more comfortable for longer durations.
Yeah there’s definitely some differences between the models and I think my wyatt harness pair with the 4cm heel is the only one I wouldn’t describe as comfy.
The regular wyatts with a 3cm heel though? I feel like I could walk a marathon in those.

Surprisingly, my latest pair with the 6cm is just as comfy, if not more. It’s a new model though I think. “Vassily”
D7D4F9FE-E93A-4849-8DA6-D2CE4E2245EE.jpeg

Sidenote, I can not get enough of geometric prints but unfortunately they seem to be pretty rare and more of a high end thing.
Emporio Armani seems to be really into geometric prints lately, and I’m loving some of my purchases but they’re also damn near the only brand really catering to that kind of design. And most importantly, no visible logos. That’s generally a dealbreaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom