Dressing better

Originally Posted by AC4Three

I'm also interested to hear Nii's advice regarding how to find longer collar points.

And while you're at it, do you think Magnanni makes a decent pair of shoes? Thanks man.

Magnanni is hit and miss. I have had luck with some and really hated others. In general, if Magnanni's are running me 150, i'm adding 50 dollars and getting Peals (Crockett and Jones) and such. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

shoes_iaec1240667.jpg

pimp.gif
Link? Those are clean, especially for $30.

Originally Posted by bkmac

shoes_iaec1240667.jpg

pimp.gif
They had them on Jackthreads before, I'm sure if you wait a bit, they'll come back...otherwise, check Karmaloop maybe.  I was thinking of picking them up, but I think they are like see-through kinda?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by bkmac

shoes_iaec1240667.jpg

pimp.gif
They had them on Jackthreads before, I'm sure if you wait a bit, they'll come back...otherwise, check Karmaloop maybe.  I was thinking of picking them up, but I think they are like see-through kinda?

Yeah I scooped them up form Jackthreads, price was too good to pass up. Especially since i was looking for some casual white/white shoes for the summer

Inspired by this thread for sure. Especially by the talk about the Nike All Court. Always liked the shoe, but haven't taken the leap yet. Like that I could still rock a Nike while looking more grown.

Might grab these Fragment ones from Livestock to go with some chinos this summer.

0001.jpg

anybody have any recommendations for some brown shoes?

I just realized I have none and they just happen to be some of the most versatile you could have.

Something summerish I guess.

Hey fellas,

What color Desert Boot would go with black jeans? I was thinking either along the lines of grey or even black.

Im thinking of copping these..

Definitely or 90% sure..
Clarks-Originals-Slate-Blue-Desert-Boot-By-Ronnie-Fieg--e1302216610182.jpg

Ive noticed some Waxy Brown's dont have the white stitching? Hmm... would they go with black denim?
2207_A84_detail.jpg

This is probably best with black denim, khaki and blue
clarks-ronnie-fieg-desert-boots-7.jpg

These look good with Khakis too
6a00e553616db388330128765419da970c-800wi

Originally Posted by I3

Hey fellas,

What color Desert Boot would go with black jeans? I was thinking either along the lines of grey or even black.

Im thinking of copping these..

Definitely or 90% sure..
Clarks-Originals-Slate-Blue-Desert-Boot-By-Ronnie-Fieg--e1302216610182.jpg
I already have 3 pair of Clark's but this color is too beautiful 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Most of my casual shirts are like this, a short button down collar.
If I wanted to throw a knit tie on one this summer how would that look?

CLIFFORD-1.jpg

Originally Posted by omgitswes

it would be alright. just ensure your knot is proportional to the gap between the collar points. knits usually end up creating bigger knots. 
those blue clarks are bad ##!. 

CLIFFORD-1.jpg
Whenever I've tried that look the knot of the tie has been way too small for the "window" created by the button-down collar. If you have a particularly small "window" it might be possible to pull it off. Also, knit ties tend to knot smaller so that adds to the problem as well. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Whenever I've tried that look the knot of the tie has been way too small for the "window" created by the button-down collar. If you have a particularly small "window" it might be possible to pull it off. Also, knit ties tend to knot smaller so that adds to the problem as well. 

Knits knot smaller? In my experience its always the opposite. 

knits are bigger, at least the way I tie them the knots are bigger.
I'll give it a try tonight.
Knit ties are a more casual thing anyway right?

^^^
There are knitted ties that are super thin. I got one made by Alfani from Macys, it is like finely knitted silk, very thin and almost doesn't hold it's shape. Those make really small knots but the typical knit tie tends to be thicket and create bigger knots.

Here's an example of the thin knit tie I have, once I really tighten up the knot, it becomes really small:
Lkrau.jpg

Originally Posted by chrischen

Inspired by this thread for sure. Especially by the talk about the Nike All Court. Always liked the shoe, but haven't taken the leap yet. Like that I could still rock a Nike while looking more grown.

Might grab these Fragment ones from Livestock to go with some chinos this summer.

0001.jpg
Generaiya has seen these in person and would NOT recommend you to purchase them. The canvas material looked and felt very cheap. Generaiya passed because he thought that fabric would tear and/or get dirty very easily.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
There are knitted ties that are super thin. I got one made by Alfani from Macys, it is like finely knitted silk, very thin and almost doesn't hold it's shape. Those make really small knots but the typical knit tie tends to be thicket and create bigger knots.

Here's an example of the thin knit tie I have, once I really tighten up the knot, it becomes really small:
Lkrau.jpg
I have the same tie in a different pattern, and I was speaking based on that.
Didn't realize that it was thinner than most, I stand corrected. 

Just picked up a pair of the nike all courts from finish line. Went with the navy

I always wanted a navy pair but wanted the eyelets to be navy too. These have the white eyelets o well can't really beat $50 after shipping. Thanks NT

I know this has probably been covered already in this thread but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on nice/affordable ($150-350) watches. Preferably leather band and look good for casual/business. Thanks

I'm not a big fan but i know most in this thread are...
J. Crew Sample Sale

From June 14th to June 18th stop by 260 5th Avenue for the highly anticipated Spring/Summer J. Crew Sample Sale. The sale will feature a large variety of apparel, shoes and accessories.  Genuine samples and merchandise for Men, Women and Children all up to 60% off. 

June 14th-18th

Tuesday-Friday
10am-8pm

Saturday
10am-4pm

260 5th Avenue 
(Between 28/29th Street)

NY, NY 10001

N/R/6 Trains to 28th Street

CASH/VISA/MC/AMEX 
ACCEPTED

Damn, I really want to go to a sample sale. Sample sales are not held in Virginia or at least the Hampton Roads.

Originally Posted by Paladizzle

I know this has probably been covered already in this thread but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on nice/affordable ($150-350) watches. Preferably leather band and look good for casual/business. Thanks
Nixon Spencer. ~$250

DrTVIFtxmJ1Vfgou0A3MPHvtfs9GhQVg6_ZZJ63KuUNXcYPwWptwL31vH22HFGrk2FLAOpji_QIOqSUWEbodKShRh96Vwsa_uvwzUvB0_UNlFYTkldNXGlad1Q_t7dE-AkMgjUESGkCWOu58zwYPTgOxj2ez7JJklIU381PZBnYkCm67Ieo9hfa2_WI_GgTgDjjlMeD10FM
86331434-260x260-0-0_Nixon+Mens+Nixon+Spencer+Watch+A113+000.jpg

Nixon Sentry ~$160
Nixon-Watch-Nixon-Sentry-Leather-Watch-All-Black-.jpg
nixon_sentry.jpg

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

I'm not a big fan but i know most in this thread are...
J. Crew Sample Sale

From June 14th to June 18th stop by 260 5th Avenue for the highly anticipated Spring/Summer J. Crew Sample Sale. The sale will feature a large variety of apparel, shoes and accessories.  Genuine samples and merchandise for Men, Women and Children all up to 60% off. 

June 14th-18th

Tuesday-Friday
10am-8pm

Saturday
10am-4pm

260 5th Avenue 
(Between 28/29th Street)

NY, NY 10001

N/R/6 Trains to 28th Street

CASH/VISA/MC/AMEX 
ACCEPTED

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Appreciate it Bro.. I will DEF be checking this out...

Im expectimg Ksteezy to walk out with tons of bags into an armored truck.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom