Dressing better

$45 on Jackthreads, just a aheads up. Sale ends tomorrow

LucheseSneakersChambrayDenimA.jpg

What is NT's opinion on 75% polyester suits? I saw one at Mexx that is slim fit, grey with a little bit of shine to it but nothing over the top, and it was on sale for $300. Its slim fit, and I want to wear it to a wedding this weekend and to work on those days when the big bosses come in.

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

I'm not a big fan but i know most in this thread are...
J. Crew Sample Sale

From June 14th to June 18th stop by 260 5th Avenue for the highly anticipated Spring/Summer J. Crew Sample Sale. The sale will feature a large variety of apparel, shoes and accessories.  Genuine samples and merchandise for Men, Women and Children all up to 60% off. 

June 14th-18th

Tuesday-Friday
10am-8pm

Saturday
10am-4pm

260 5th Avenue 
(Between 28/29th Street)

NY, NY 10001

N/R/6 Trains to 28th Street

CASH/VISA/MC/AMEX 
ACCEPTED

Get there at 9:58 everyone...ksteezy gonna buy out the whole store by 10:01

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
There are knitted ties that are super thin. I got one made by Alfani from Macys, it is like finely knitted silk, very thin and almost doesn't hold it's shape. Those make really small knots but the typical knit tie tends to be thicket and create bigger knots.

Here's an example of the thin knit tie I have, once I really tighten up the knot, it becomes really small:
Lkrau.jpg

jacket info?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Can anyone recommend any solid Oxford shirts, light blue.

I have a couple, not a huge fan of them and want to upgrade.  $50-70 range preferrably.
I usually go with

Jos A Bank
Brooks Brothers
Charles Tyrwhitt

CT is the best fit but you can always come across JAB for the low.
Only get these shirts when they are on sale...in JAB case this is weekly
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

ksteezy...check your pm, thanks.

-waystinthyme

I got an email notification about your PM butnothing in my inbox ^^^bro, send it again
ohwell.gif
And thanks for that update on the JCREW sample sale, will try my best to check that out!
roll.gif
@ armored truck

/\ lol the prices arnt even that great bro... i have been wanting some ferragamos for quite some time tho... gotta wedding comin up next month.

frames + shoes would be
pimp.gif

edit: NM the salvatore loafers are
sick.gif
there are some chestnut colored cole haans i could use tho
pimp.gif

So if you wonder who syles Lebron, Amare, Bosh, and others, her name is Rachel Johnson. Google her to see some of her looks.

Here are a few videos that show what she has done for Lebron. This is only if you like his style.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Can anyone recommend any solid Oxford shirts, light blue.

I have a couple, not a huge fan of them and want to upgrade.  $50-70 range preferrably.
I usually go with

Jos A Bank
Brooks Brothers
Charles Tyrwhitt

CT is the best fit but you can always come across JAB for the low.
Only get these shirts when they are on sale...in JAB case this is weekly
laugh.gif
I am an official fan of Charles Tyrwhitt.  Ordered 4 of their shirts for $200 off their website.  Probably one of my favorite off the rack shirts.  I also love Ellie Tahari shirts, but they don't have a true online shop.  I picked up a few off Gilt and love them.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Thank God for life Friday  

Uptown 

Downtown

more on the dark side 

I'd been thinking of picking up an orange pair ever since I saw this...
gjc44.jpg

At least now I'll know how it will look on my skin tone 
laugh.gif
.  I would have tried to go with a more subtle shirt like the image above.  

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

What is NT's opinion on 75% polyester suits? I saw one at Mexx that is slim fit, grey with a little bit of shine to it but nothing over the top, and it was on sale for $300. Its slim fit, and I want to wear it to a wedding this weekend and to work on those days when the big bosses come in.

stay away from anything with polyester in it. poor choice from both a quality and function perspective. 

Just a heads up.

Men's warehouse is buy one get one free everything in the store til June 26th or something. Just went yesterday and got some pickups.

i may have a wedding to go to in the near future. what would be a nice formal attire for such event. not the wedding at a chapel part but the event following, eating, drinking, mingling, and that typa stuff. i used to wear a plain white polo button up and black slacks for previous weddings i attended.

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

I'm not a big fan but i know most in this thread are...
J. Crew Sample Sale

From June 14th to June 18th stop by 260 5th Avenue for the highly anticipated Spring/Summer J. Crew Sample Sale. The sale will feature a large variety of apparel, shoes and accessories.  Genuine samples and merchandise for Men, Women and Children all up to 60% off. 

June 14th-18th

Tuesday-Friday
10am-8pm

Saturday
10am-4pm

260 5th Avenue 
(Between 28/29th Street)

NY, NY 10001

N/R/6 Trains to 28th Street

CASH/VISA/MC/AMEX 
ACCEPTED

is this a mailing list? where can i get on?  i was on the one where they use to put up on 38th and 8th

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Just a heads up.

Men's warehouse is buy one get one free everything in the store til June 26th or something. Just went yesterday and got some pickups.

I'm hoping they have a similar sale next month when me and my guys go and get fitted our suits for my September wedding.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by dimsum1

Not sure if this topic has been covered before in this thread, but I've been wondering:

What are the rules for wearing a blazer that's a different color from the dress pants? I see it from time to time but never know if I have the right pieces in my wardrobe to pull it off.  Are there general rules for this?

Here's the most recent pic I've seen. Thanks, all help is greatly appreciated!

bosh.jpg

Bosh looks pretty good there. And that is a great question. 
Generally, you want to cover three things: 

1. Color

2. Texture

3. Pattern

Check out my blog for a write up i did on this: 

Thanks! Bookmarked! Definitely some great tips and insight in your blog. Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Just a heads up.

for suits, you need to buy one valued at at least $350

Back
Top Bottom