Dressing better

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Yesterday's day and night.
4j74ht.jpg

149cw1c.jpg
See, this is what's right about building a wardrobe. The chambray shirt is easy enough to wear casually during the day, but can be part of awhole different look for the evening. Chambray was huuuge last year, and it looks like it's going to carry over into this season too, especially witheveryone's fetish for early 20th century-inspired looks. The cut and fit of the shorts are dead on too...hard to tell, but is that seersucker or just amicroplaid?

I would've done the evening outfit differently...probably just lose the bowtie and go with brown oxfords and a belt to match, i.e., more low key...butthat's just my preference, and not a knock on Ty's style.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by quik1987

p.s. these v-necks are on sale at gap, I swear by them.

http://www.gap.com/browse...amp;vid=1&pid=141308

how long are these and how do these fit? do these fit similar to their Athletic Fit shirts?
I don't know the body types you guys have, but Banana Republic fitted t's are my fav. I used to have the Gap t shirts and they fithorrible. I had them all..classic fit, crew neck, v neck...sadly I splurged on them when they were on sale. Even a size small fit weird and wide. They lookhorrible after several washes as well.

^^ My grey and blk vnecks stay shaped....
but my white ones have gotten extremely wide
and hte neck is horrible.... i may have to try BR

Any info on young dros blazer with the gold crest. I'm guessing its polo as that's all he wears but I've been trying to look for it and no luck

Originally Posted by wj4

quik1987 wrote:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12335&vid=1&pid=141308

how long are these and how do these fit? do these fit similar to their Athletic Fit shirts?
I don't know the body types you guys have, but Banana Republic fitted t's are my fav. I used to have the Gap t shirts and they fit horrible. I had them all..classic fit, crew neck, v neck...sadly I splurged on them when they were on sale. Even a size small fit weird and wide. They look horrible after several washes as well.

Same with me.I bought like 3 packs of those v-necks because of the friends & family sale a while back and they do fit horribly.A size M was too long andtoo "slim fitting".

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

wj4 said:

quik1987 wrote:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12335&vid=1&pid=141308

I don't know the body types you guys have, but Banana Republic fitted t's are my fav. I used to have the Gap t shirts and they fit horrible. I had them all..classic fit, crew neck, v neck...sadly I splurged on them when they were on sale. Even a size small fit weird and wide. They look horrible after several washes as well.

Same with me.I bought like 3 packs of those v-necks because of the friends & family sale a while back and they do fit horribly.A size M was too long andtoo "slim fitting".

I like that it's a slimmer fit, I hate baggy t's, and I have a longer torso, so I like the length out of the pack, but I'll admit they shrink to amore normal length after a wash. Still my favourite.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Originally Posted by manamazing55

wore new shoes today to work, always one of the best feelings haha
Modern slacks = flat front, no pleats, NO CUFF!

all of my cotton khakis are as you described, but I've always worn dress pants with cuffs. To me, its appropriate and I like it
tongue.gif

Do u guys know of a nice pair of grey jeans like the ones back on of 143 ? I think polo makes that particular pair but I can't find it any advice?

good to see a lot of people actually rocking the shorter outseams, much better look imo. and as for creases. i think they look great only if the cloth of thepant is something more vintage, like what esco posted. it needs to measure less than 16" at the hem too. anything else looks too baggy and sloppy. outseamhitting 1/2" above the heel of the shoe + 1" cuff looks great

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

good to see a lot of people actually rocking the shorter outseams, much better look imo. and as for creases. i think they look great only if the cloth of the pant is something more vintage, like what esco posted. it needs to measure less than 16" at the hem too. anything else looks too baggy and sloppy. outseam hitting 1/2" above the heel of the shoe + 1" cuff looks great
I'm pretty anal about the length of my jeans/pants. I have my system where I have the length of the jeans just covering my ankle bone. It's almost borderline high waters, but I dig the look.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom