Dressing better

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

wj4------Where do you get your dress shirts and ties from, if you don't mind me asking?
The majority of my button down shirts are from J. Crew and Banana Republic, with a few from Kenneth Cole and Calvin Klein. I only have about 13total.

The thicker, traditional ties that are 3'' are J. Crew (like the picture with the cardigan). The skinnier ones that are 2.5'' like picturedabove are of not brand name, they're hand made ties that I picked up during my trip to Thailand.

Originally Posted by specialk619

the clae's i bought from gilt still havent shipped -_- has anyone else clae's from gilt ship yet?
Mine either.

I wrote them too and they didn't even answer...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by specialk619

the clae's i bought from gilt still havent shipped -_- has anyone else clae's from gilt ship yet?
I'm not sure if it said it for all the shoes but the pair I bought, it said it wasn't shipping until 2 - 3 weeks. I don't have anyproblems waiting for I didn't care. I'm sure you'll get the shoes, it just might take them longer than usual to ship out.

The grapevinehill discount should be on the mainpage.
If it's not there, then the promotion is done and gone.

I tried on the GAP shirts they had that were buy one get one free and the small still fit huge.
I didn't see an XS nor did I see a "fitted" of "slim fit" shirt.
Notice in the pic that I even tried it on over the shirt I had on and it still looked and fit huge.
gap_sh10.jpg

On the other hand, I found several nice jackets at ZARA, including this one for $99.
It is brown plaid with brown leather piping. Pic does it no justice.
zara_j10.jpg

And this H&M sweater is sweet for $30.
hnm_sw10.jpg

Yeah, the "APS" code was on the front page when it was active.
It doesn't seem to be there anymore so I guess it's over.
This the second time they did it in the past couple of months though so another should be coming in the future.

wj4 - no offense bro, but if I didn't know it I would have thought you were gay based on the way you dress.

it's cool to dress nice, but you're pushing it for your age.

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

wj4 - no offense bro, but if I didn't know it I would have thought you were gay based on the way you dress.

A shirt and tie is gay? So anyone working in an office setting dresses gay?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

wj4------Where do you get your dress shirts and ties from, if you don't mind me asking?
The majority of my button down shirts are from J. Crew and Banana Republic, with a few from Kenneth Cole and Calvin Klein.
good stuff.

Am liking that ZARA jacket RFX. Been looking for something along those lines myself. Replacing my current everyday usage jacket, looking to step up from oneworn as an 18yr old student to a 21yr old graduate. Was having no luck and no inspiration. That kind of styling is perfect for me.

Can anyone tell me anythign about Double Identity Shoes? There is a pair on Urban Outfitters that I like, but I wanted to get some feedback before I drop 145for them.

Here is a pic

16685836_04_b

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

A shirt and tie is gay? So anyone working in an office setting dresses gay?
roll.gif
Seriously. It's not like I posted a picture of myself wearing a wife beater with a bow tie or anything like that. You're free to thinkhowever you're like though. I'm comfortable with who I am and my sexuality.

Edit: I didn't have time to post a more indepth reply initially, but now I got a few mins to kill. I don't mind debating on the board, I sorta expectit when posting pix up since I know critiquing will be coming sooner or later.
I've always been told 'you dress nice, you feel nice'. Be it in this manner or another. It's the feeling you had in HS when you wore thosebrand new release Jordans you bought on a Saturday morning to school on a Monday.

I'm just curious, for a 23 yr old grad student..how should I be dressed? I did the whole street wear thing in the first 1-2 yrs of college when The 100sfirst took off and when the SB's were first introduced. I did the urban thing in high school with Ecko, Sean John, etc. But I do agree with the sayingthat 'first impression is everything'. Perhaps this is why you would assume I'm gay. This is also why some of my mom's friends thought I wasin a gang in HS because I wore sagging jeans with 2-3xl shirts.
laugh.gif

Going off the first impression is everything topic...my professor walked into the class yesterday and said 'tell me some things about myself'. He doesit in every class so those who know him don't say anything. The new students looked at him and yelled out words like 'you have glasses on, you'recarrying a briefcase, etc'. After a minute later, he got to the point of first impression is everything. In the grad classes, we don't really havetests, just a grip of 100 page minimum papers and presentations. And we need to dress a part. He's a love/hate professor for this reason because ifyou're not dressed appropriately, he will drop your grade a full letter. And the thing is that he doesn't tell you what's required so somestudents always get panicky because of this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Got in my Kenneth Cole skinny tie bar last night. $32 well spent. Might pick up another one in a different color.
l_760e3610bbd84dd38af26a154fde4562.jpg
Bit high for a tie pin isn't it? Your tie will still flap around with it in that position - probably 3" lower would be better.

Not a fan of those anyway - I just don't like clutter - but do what you like.

I think the tie bar is
pimp.gif
but I only own three ties, and I've only worn one of them one time... Looks good, though. It's subtle and, these days,unique--especially if you have a nicer looking one.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by wj4

Got in my Kenneth Cole skinny tie bar last night. $32 well spent. Might pick up another one in a different color.
l_760e3610bbd84dd38af26a154fde4562.jpg
Bit high for a tie pin isn't it? Your tie will still flap around with it in that position - probably 3" lower would be better.

Not a fan of those anyway - I just don't like clutter - but do what you like.
I played around with the position and I like it a bit higher so it's not so symmetrical. I thought this look Tatum had going was really slickwhen I saw it last month.
gallery_main-channing-tatum-gq-photos-07142009-08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom