Dressing better

Went by BR in search of that White/Blue cardigan from a couple pages back, and I wouldn't find it
frown.gif
Got a light Grey one instead.

Saw some nice fall jackets/sweaters in BR as well. But, as always, I don't ever buy that stuff full price. I might bite the bullet and go back and get thisone jacket they had though. It was
pimp.gif
Picked up some BR loafers. Actually, they had a lot of new stuff that came in. I'll probably swing back by thereand look more at the khaki's/dress pants they had in stock.

Went by J.Crew and found a grey/blue striped one and got a white/purple gingham shirt.

Found a jacket on sale at the Gap. Bought it in my usual size, got home and it fit to big. Went back the next day to exchange it for a smaller size, and it wasgone
frown.gif
. Found a couple sweaters as well.

I'm gonna keep it anyways, b/c I like the jacket. They have it online too, in my regular size, but I don't feel like paying full price for it.
laugh.gif

I'll probably just end up giving the bigger one away and buying the correct fitting one somewhere down the line.

Also picked up some more boats (like a weathered brown color, can't really describe it)

Picked up a couple more RL Polo's (nothing big/major).

All in all, I went to the mall in search of a plain white/navy cardigan and ended up with out it and with a whole bunch of @+%@ I really didn't need.

/rant on latest mall trip.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

^ I think you got the same tie as him, haha.
laugh.gif
I wish. His tie is a high end (D&G or something like that) one that runs ~$200. My tie cost me around $15-17. I haven't spentmore than $30 on a tie yet.
laugh.gif

drekClark- you gotta be patient, bro. I used to make it a weekly habit to stop by the local mall to do the run around at BR, J. Crew, and Barnes and Noble. The best time is off season. Like right now..get some shorts for next year.

Originally Posted by wj4

drekClark- you gotta be patient, bro. I used to make it a weekly habit to stop by the local mall to do the run around at BR, J. Crew, and Barnes and Noble. The best time is off season. Like right now..get some shorts for next year.

Naw, I know that.

This is my first time going to the mall in a good 2 or 3 months. I know I gotta be patient. I'm not trying to revamp my wardrobe or anything.

I just don't like being patient
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by wj4

Naw, I know that.

This is my first time going to the mall in a good 2 or 3 months. I know I gotta be patient. I'm not tryign to revamp my wardrobe or anything.

mad.gif
im not very patient myself but when you start gettin stuff at 75%off you get that
pimp.gif
feeling and it only gets better when you get a chance to wear it and youremember how much it cost
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dre, I assume you got something like this? I love the style of these driving mocs, but since they arent designed to be worn around, the toes on the ones I haveget scuffed the heck up. Seems like a waste of money to have a shoe a few months before having to trash

br588163-05p01v01.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

^ I think you got the same tie as him, haha.
laugh.gif
I wish. His tie is a high end (D&G or something like that) one that runs ~$200. My tie cost me around $15-17. I haven't spent more than $30 on a tie yet.
laugh.gif

I love the end of the season sales. I picked up like 5 ties from J. Crew for 11 a piece from the S/S sale
pimp.gif

anyone know why converse doesnt make chuck taylors in half sizes? youre supposed to go half a size down, and i wear a size 10 in most other shoes.. size nineis too narrow for me, and a size 10 is too long. i still wear them since theyre one of my favorite shoes, but being a skinny dude chucks in size 10 just makemy feet look big compared to the rest of me.also, are purcells wider than chucks?

I don't like the logos and emblems they put on the rugby polos.
Like the skull and cross bones or the guy kicking the rugby, it really kills most of the clothes they sell.
Especially when they place it on oxfords/sport shirts.
Keep it clean, simple and fitted and they'd have my business more often.

Thats not true. I got some chucks in size 9.5 before, actually I have a couple.
Converse by JV doesn't make half sizes though I believe, but regular Converse Chucks and Jack Purcells does.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

anyone know why converse doesnt make chuck taylors in half sizes? youre supposed to go half a size down, and i wear a size 10 in most other shoes.. size nine is too narrow for me, and a size 10 is too long. i still wear them since theyre one of my favorite shoes, but being a skinny dude chucks in size 10 just make my feet look big compared to the rest of me.also, are purcells wider than chucks?
Chucks do come in half sizes. Check out Eastbay and such, they got a plethora of them. I usually size down one full size for mine.

oh ok thanks for the info, its just that whenever i go to stores they never have those half sizes. and this has been the case since i was in 8th grade. maybethey just happened to be sold out every time i went

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by wj4

Naw, I know that.

This is my first time going to the mall in a good 2 or 3 months. I know I gotta be patient. I'm not trying to revamp my wardrobe or anything.

mad.gif
I got some BR loafers as well when they were online for dirt cheap (like $38 shipped or something). Love the fit and style.

I assume you went to Southpoint?

If so how did the polo stuff at Belk look... any good deals?

I really should make a seperate thread for this but Fall is near any suggestions for a good everyday Jacket?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I really should make a seperate thread for this but Fall is near any suggestions for a good everyday Jacket?

Pricepoint?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I assume you went to Southpoint?

If so how did the polo stuff at Belk look... any good deals?
Yeah, I went to Southpoint. And the Polo in Belk's was nothing special.

Well, they got some new stuff in. Cordoroy vest, a new rugby. Fall type wear. The had some stuff on 50% off sale too, but it looked like it had been pickedover. Like, the golf stuff was on sale too. A couple sports shirts, etc.

But you know, that Polo section in Belks, well the Polo section in all those stores in Southpointe are small as hell. Didn't check out Nordstrom'sthough

Originally Posted by RFX45

Pricepoint?

I'm open to anything but rather it not be over $300, something that will last years down the line. Something to wear at a Lounge, Dinner or the the Office.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Pricepoint?

I'm open to anything but rather it not be over $300, something that will last years down the line. Something to wear at a Lounge, Dinner or the the Office.

well quite the ideal jacket you want there...sign me up too

For your criteria, I would suggest a peacoat, preferably navy.
It could go with dress pants & shirt, suits or the casual jeans and tee.

$300 is a bit ff a stretch because a good quality and well-fitting pea coat will cost you a bit over $300.
Here's a few suggestions for pea coats in that price range.

Express Wool Short Pea Coat, $198 and you may find coupons online to cheapen it a bit more.
http://www.express.com/ca...ryId=97&subCategoryId=97.

There are several pea coats on sale at Macys as well, although you could see from the pics that fit is horrendous.
http://www.macys.com/cata...4-G6vdNGentS9CkjLdRQL_Tw.
http://www.macys.com/cata...4-_TlaI_vAPE0c69k9GvEF2w.

If you had a few more dollars to spend, here's a few that are around $500-$600 range.

Paul Smith
paxd-474j-179-b-29808.jpg

Richard Chai
0073h.jpg

Theory
979687_fpx.tif

RL
pPOLO2-6583318_standard_v330.jpg

I highly recommend visiting a ZARA if you have one in your area. Their fall/winter jackets are starting to arrive at the stores and they have some nice ones,better selection than H&M.

Back
Top Bottom