Dressing better

Quality-wise, GAP maybe very slightly better but fit-wise, H&M will fit much better.
I still haven't found anything that fits me right at GAP.
Plus you can use the $15 off $100+ purchase coupon at H&M I posted several pages back.

What are some leather jackets you guys like? Every year i put off on buying one, and really looking for 1 for this season. Looking for something that can belayered nicely with a sweater or a hoody.

I think the quality is pretty much negligible between the two brands with H&M being slightly worse. However, I don'd imagine you needing to wash thejacket very often, and H&M usually offers a much better fit

Originally Posted by rcdp

Got my JCrew xx Red Wings last week. Breaking them in has been hell on my feet, but I already have a pair of Gentlemen Travelers that are now one of my most comfortable boots after breaking in. When buying Red Wings, I'd advise to try em on first. Sized down to 10.5 from my usual 11.5.

Yea they're bulky, but I love em and they'll be great in the SF rain. Jeans are Levis 514
idzwqr.jpg
dvr7d2.jpg

2nd pic is bad cuz I'm blocking the light from my mirror lol
I like those a lot. If I can only have the will power to muster up the money for a pair.
laugh.gif

And I agree with you on the sizing...out of all the shoes I've own, sizing on sneakers usuallly are the biggest. Boots and dress shoes are around 1 fullsize smaller.

Got my JCrew xx Red Wings last week. Breaking them in has been hell on my feet, but I already have a pair of Gentlemen Travelers that are now one of my most comfortable boots after breaking in. When buying Red Wings, I'd advise to try em on first. Sized down to 10.5 from my usual 11.5.

Yea they're bulky, but I love em and they'll be great in the SF rain. Jeans are Levis 514
idzwqr.jpg
dvr7d2.jpg

Are those Dark Wood, or hickory color? They look sweet tho man, wish I could afford some.

I feeling the first pair of Abington boots, those are some boots with in my comfort zone.

Those LL Bean Katahdin that RFX45 posted are clean but i dont know if i could pull those off.

Wish i could try them on to see how they fit me.

Originally Posted by wj4

I like those a lot. If I can only have the will power to muster up the money for a pair.
laugh.gif

And I agree with you on the sizing...out of all the shoes I've own, sizing on sneakers usuallly are the biggest. Boots and dress shoes are around 1 full size smaller.

Check on eBay. I found them for $140 shipped, new without box and marked size tag to stop returning, but the shoe is completely fine.

They are the dark wood color

Thanks for the help.

I also notice that Gap has a 3 day 25% off sale, so the total will come down to $103.

I'll most likely will grab the H & M one though, thanks for the coupon.

So whoever is looking to buy anything from there, now seems to be a good time.

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

And I agree with you on the sizing...out of all the shoes I've own, sizing on sneakers usuallly are the biggest. Boots and dress shoes are around 1 full size smaller.
Check on eBay. I found them for $140 shipped, new without box and marked size tag to stop returning, but the shoe is completely fine.

They are the dark wood color

Looks like I'm going to go in and try on the sizing and pull the "dang I forgot my wallet in the car, brb" routine.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Thanks for the help.

I also notice that Gap has a 3 day 25% off sale, so the total will come down to $103.

Yo eeibaby target has a similar jacket that I saw this past weekend forcheap. Seemed really decent in person

i think im gonna pull the trigger on the ranger boots? what size should i get if im a 10 in jordans? and is it good in the rain?

Originally Posted by RFX45

2133m29.jpg

goooooooooood looks my man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
think i'm gonna pick up the boots from a few pages back. and fyi: don't use google chrome if you want to usethe discount, for some reason it wouldn't redeem in that browser, so i had to switch to firefox.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by RFX45

2133m29.jpg

goooooooooood looks my man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
think i'm gonna pick up the boots from a few pages back. and fyi: don't use google chrome if you want to use the discount, for some reason it wouldn't redeem in that browser, so i had to switch to firefox.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

those boots will be copped!!

Originally Posted by KVN

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Thanks for the help.

Yo eeibaby target has a similar jacket that I saw this past weekend for cheap. Seemed really decent in person

Thanks, I'll check it out sometime this week

idzwqr.jpg
dvr7d2.jpg

yea i have my Jcrew Red Wing Irish Setter boots, worn for about 2 weeks straight and now they are just about to feel a bit more comfortable thn before

Since we are on the subject of boots, do you guys put waterproofer on your non waterproof suede/leather boots? If so, is there a particular brand ofwaterproofer you use?

I just did a pair of boots for the fall (rain/snow by november in MI) and I kind of hate how they turned out. I'm never happy with the finish of theleather after, "invisible" or not I always feel like it has a plasticy look when you are done. Trying to figure out if there is any kind of spray/oilthat doesn't do this.

Boots, dealing w/ the horrendous winters in NYC, Goretex Vasque, perfect winter boot, can't go wrong for $80.

on688928-00vliv01.jpg

Just bought from Old Navy for $70.
pimp.gif

Their clothes are good enough quality for me and my budget so I'm happy.
I was stuck between this and the military coat .. might grab that one later on.

Now just need to save some more money for a pair or desert boots ..

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

on688928-00vliv01.jpg

Just bought from Old Navy for $70.
pimp.gif

Their clothes are good enough quality for me and my budget so I'm happy.
I was stuck between this and the military coat .. might grab that one later on.

Now just need to save some more money for a pair or desert boots ..
word. Old Navy has some decent (ie...that stand out to me) pieces every now and then - is the fit okay?

Originally Posted by 5tan

Love the Abington Guide Boots (bottom pair) Definitely gonna check those in person when they drop here.

5tan, you're in Toronto right? any idea who might get the Abingtons? I been looking for some boots and I've loved the Abington line. (at leastfrompictures)

Back
Top Bottom