Dressing better

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

What you guys think of these?

Im considering picking up both of these.

Supreme

SuedeShoe_gray_1251834259.jpg

SuedeShoe_burgundy_1251834293.jpg

$98 is retail, kinda pricey in my opinion.
dont let someones opinion influence if your gonna buy it, my bad if thats not what your getting at, but it seems like it...
IMO they look nice.

What?
laugh.gif

Nah man, def not, im just asking what people think of them, thats all.

RFX thanks for that link. Copped the Sperrys I wanted that I was going to buy in Journeys for $80. Had em for $40.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

I am liking this hunting blazer but damn the $1,500 price tag.
craig-robinson-hunting-blazer-00.jpg

ridiculous. for that price:

1. the buttoning points are aweful
2. the sleeve pitch is waay off causing creasing
3. the side vents dont even seem to be aligned.

for that price, you should just get a bespoke jacket.

I actually like the high gorge on the jackets, I don't know why but it makes it look much better to me considering I usually hate high gorges on blazers.
I also like the detail on the lapel, it gives it a more jacket look than a blazer, does that make sense?
laugh.gif

And damn your Phillies NiiDawg! I can't believe Dodgers couldn't close out game 4.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Hey MikeTyson..the shoes I had on were actually Ralph Lauren "Dirty Bucks" I got them off Yoox.com a few months ago, they were on the "FINAL" sale for like 35 bucks. I couldn't pass that up. Look around stores like J. Crew, Brooks Brothers etc.

Aww man. Really good for 35 bucks. I'ma go Bucks hunting in a minute.
I'm kinda mad that that PiperLime website doesn't take paypal
indifferent.gif
. I was ready to buy those sperry chukkas and I see they dont' take paypal as an option. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Anyone know of a stylish leather briefcase?
Not sure if you're looking for a hard case or soft case. I'm a sucker for LV stuff, but theirs would run a cool grand easily.

I also like this Tumi Villa Collection briefcase. It's around $500.
0014h.jpg

Thanks WjIV, that is a nicebriefcase. I think I may be leaning towards hard though.

Pr0phecy718 its on 51st btwn 11th and 12th. Not the best mens selection but the clothing is now 50% off the sale price. I plan on going back on the last day,Friday, and copping a few ties.

can someone tell me the difference between a sportcoat, blazer, and suit jacket?

and where can i find some nicer shirts (not buttondown/collared) for not so expensive? I'm thinking good quality, inexpensive basics?

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Thanks WjIV, that is a nicebriefcase. I think I may be leaning towards hard though.

Pr0phecy718 its on 51st btwn 11th and 12th. Not the best mens selection but the clothing is now 50% off the sale price. I plan on going back on the last day, Friday, and copping a few ties.
laugh.gif
NP, man. There are times where I've thought about getting a brief case as well, carrying it is more comfortable for me. But walking fardistance between classes and breaks make me think otherwise.

Originally Posted by GhostRideIt

can someone tell me the difference between a sportcoat, blazer, and suit jacket?

and where can i find some nicer shirts (not buttondown/collared) for not so expensive? I'm thinking good quality, inexpensive basics?
To me, a sportscoat and blazer are just different names for the same thing, ie sneakers and tennis shoes. Suit jacket...it came with the pants. Blazers or sportscoat is the top part only and don't usually have a matching bottom piece.

I'm not sure what you mean by nicer shirts...if you don't want a collar, it's just a t shirt. There are essentially 3 different style ofshirts....polo, t shirt, long/short sleeve dress/casual shirt.

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Personally, I say no.

I guess, but the reason I want to cop it is because I like to be different. Everyone's gonna be rockin a gray, black, or navy pea coat this winter.
But I'll be the only dude with a red joint.
pimp.gif

See, there's being different and there's standing out, with the red peacoat, it is more about standing out than being different.
I am not sure where you are from but here in SoCal, wearing a peacoat is being different. You don't see many people around here wear them, I think I'm the only one within a 10-20 mile radius.
laugh.gif

I say be different by getting something more unique, like a peacoat with different details in olive. Or you can be different by going to a navy surplus store and buying an authentic one.
Not many people will have an authentic navy issued peacoat for sure.
For me, I am going with a double breasted peacoat-esque cardigan/sweater. It's different and not too warm, just right for the weather conditions in SoCal.
219.jpg

With the collars popped, it looks more like a peacoat.
VI-M08627165_coastalblue_front

RFX where did you end up getting that peacoat from?

I actually like the high gorge on the jackets, I don't know why but it makes it look much better to me considering I usually hate high gorges on blazers.
I also like the detail on the lapel, it gives it a more jacket look than a blazer, does that make sense?
laugh.gif

And damn your Phillies NiiDawg! I can't believe Dodgers couldn't close out game 4.
Sorry RFX ... your Dodgers put up a brave fight, but alas...

Go Phiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiils!!!

eibaby ... used to live in Philly (Mt. Airy to be exact) ... moved to Atlanta - but i still bleed red.

Originally Posted by GhostRideIt

1. Blazer: A blazer is stictly speaking a single breasted coat with bright school or team colours. These are often in bright coloured stripes. Theword blazer comes from "blazing" ... ie a jacket made of blazing colors ... green, blue etc etc. Blazers usually have some form of ensigna or logo onthem to identify the wearer of the blazer. Gold, Silver or Brass buttons in modern times were used as the ensigna or logo. Since no one wants to walk aroundwith a brooks brothers patch sewn on their shoulder or chest. So example ... Tiger Woods' PGA jacket is an example of a blazer .. bright colored, with theMasters logo on it. So anything you see a bright colored jacket, with gold buttons or logos, you probably have a blazer.

2. Sportscoat: Any orphaned jacket that is not a blazer ... ie, not made of blazing colors, no enscriptions, no logos, no gold/brass/silver logo buttons etc.Blazer and Sports Coat are now being used losely, and i do not think anyone would put a gun to your head for wrongly classifying the two.

3. Suit jacket: Simply put is an orphaned jacket belonging to a two piece or three piece suit. It is usually TERRIBLE to wear a suit jacket as a blazer/sportscoat since the cut is noticeably different. Unless you get a BlazerSuit ... lol. Where the jacket of the suit has been cut like a blazer or sports coat.

Yup, sadly the Dodgers, after a long hard fought season could not pull through.
Looks like the Angels are on their way out too.

what type of jeans to you guys recommend that are not baggy nor skinny as I am looking for something fitted with out a wide leg opening. I wanted soemthingotherthen levis sinc eI feel they run weird on the front so just looking for soemthing comfy. Any suggestions fellas

can anyone point me in the direction of a nice looking, decent quality, affordable (<$100) M65 jacket for the fall??

Picked this up from BR today. 3rd blazer this week, should complete the rotation now of winter essentials...got tweed, wool, and herringbone. Surprisinglythis doesn't need tailoring at all, the sleeves and width are nearly perfect. Albeit an inch can probably be taken out around the width.
21953yx.jpg

32zn7sj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom