Dressing better

It's all good guys, I am in no way offended at all, it is a risk I take when posting pics, especially on NT.
laugh.gif

But really, there is now my I would post my face on NT, I just prefer that privacy since I live in a city where I most likely encounter NTers on a daily basis.
Anyways, I appreciate the support and defense on my behalf and I appreciate the constructive criticisms.
No one is perfect and I need to know what I have to work on as well so it's all good, we could all learn from each other.

I think for the most part, it might be the camera and lighting.
It makes it difficult to capture the colors and materials when the lighting sucks and 90% of the time I do not utilize a tri-pod.
I just place the camera where it could level with my stance.
I also do try to show how certain article of clothes fit or how it should fit, of course it depends on the body size but it is to give a better idea of howclothes fit in real life, not like the GQ tailored clothes like Tommy Hilfiger suits looking like Jil Sander made them, then you go to Macys and try on thesuit and looks like you are wearing a sack. I think we've all been there.
I actually have somewhat of a compilation of different shirts and how they fit to compare how slim one is from the other.
I'll post it one of these days.

niidawg3 wrote:

i think RFX can do a better job combining the various elements of clothes he has. his combinations are too similar in color, texture and pattern that they look lifeless.

I think I know what you're saying now, however, my color selections is a bit safe but I like it like that at times.
I like mixing up or wearing all greys but in different tones at times with a brown shoe or just a simple brown and blue combination with a little hint ofwhite.
Those are the colors I like, mostly grey, black, white and blue, I do not go too far with other colors when it comes to clothing other than in which I try toget interesting colors like red and green.
I do try to go for a more colorful alternatives like yellow, purple, green, orange but for the most part, I just do not see it looking too good on me and I goback to my favorite colors aforementioned above.
I think that is just my style, have fitted clothes that doesn't have to stand out but are well put together, at least that is how I see it.
But again, with the texture and colors, it all goes back to the pictures. I mean in my last fit pic, you won't be able to tell that my pants were dark greyand texture were like this:

Or that the tie actually has a silver stripe that contrast the stripes on the shirt, which is a very light brown shirt with white stripes.
I don't even think people could tell I was wearing brown shoes or that the jacket is blue in the pic.

I'll try and take better pics next time w/ better lighting.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Originally Posted by The Legend Six 4

Do any of you guys know where I could find an American version of this? or something pretty similar? They only have up to a size M on ebay from Asia and I can't fit that (hopefully something not to pricey)
3029lxl.jpg

info on this jacket?

niidawg your wack homie straight up...(no como esta) but rfx fits> yours...u dress like my grandpa homie
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

niidawg your wack homie straight up...(no como esta) but rfx fits> yours...u dress like my grandpa homie
indifferent.gif

i never compared my fits to rfx' ... and that wasn't the aim of my post(s) ... but thanks for your insightful delivery.

send my complements to your grandpa.

Is it okay to wear dark brown shoes with jeans and a black peacoat? Or should the shoes be black as well?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Jump The Gun (from UK) Sta Prest Trouser and Gingham shirt finally arrived.
Also in the pic, Fred Perry Bomber and Ben Sherman trousers from NM Last Call.
jtg_110.jpg
fred_p11.jpg

More info on the bomber jacket please. Where can I cop??
nerd.gif

smh.gif
everyone that post here has their own style and their own personality to go along with that...I think just about everyone who actually post dresses well butI know some things aren't my style or they won't fit my personality...so all that being said no one on here should reject or have negative comments onhow any one dresses...just pass on what you think may help that person achieve what they are going for...thank you

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Is it okay to wear dark brown shoes with jeans and a black peacoat? Or should the shoes be black as well?

typically you dont want to mix black and brown. which is why many people stay away from black peacoats and go for navy or brown. they are more versatile. inthis case, i would say you would have to go with either black ... or some low profile sneakers.

The Fred Perry Bomber was on sale at NM Last Call.
Was $250+ retail, tagged at $135 at NM LC and then had an extra 20% off so down to around $105 it goes.

Nice bag WJ4, very nice bday present to yourself. Funny you got the bag before the laptop though.
laugh.gif

It's like getting the keychain before the car, although the bad will probably cost more than the laptop you're getting.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I have a black peacoat that needs washed...how should i go about doing so? Take it to the cleaners or just do it myself?
I just take it to the dry cleaner. Seems easier and less chance of messing it up

+1 ... i second taking it to the dry cleaners. i have messed up a couple things just trying to skip on the cleaners.
mad.gif

'preciate it fellas.

Was $250+ retail, tagged at $135 at NM LC and then had an extra 20% off so down to around $105 it goes.

Nice bag WJ4, very nice bday present to yourself. Funny you got the bag before the laptop though.
laugh.gif

It's like getting the keychain before the car, although the bad will probably cost more than the laptop you're getting.
I already have a MacBook and an iMac. The bag is for school, for notebooks, note cards, and writing utencils.

I just need a cheapo PC laptop to work on because the computers in the grad classes don't take the Powerpoint stuff I do on my Mac. The laptop won'tbe held in that bag..if anything it will be held in my old J. Crew messenger bag.

I thought Macs has MS Word that are compatible with PC's? Have you checked out a Netbook?
I am looking one for myself too but only to check out the net during travels.
I heard they work well with MS Word though and just typing up work/paper.
Netbook is a good lighter and cheaper alternative.

Is Last Call a section of Neiman Marcus or a store itself and did they have anymore of that bomber? There aren't any NM's around me and Ithink I need to get a hold of that jacket. That thing is amazing.

Originally Posted by play2much2004

smh.gif
everyone that post here has their own style and their own personality to go along with that...I think just about everyone who actually post dresses well but I know some things aren't my style or they won't fit my personality...so all that being said no one on here should reject or have negative comments on how any one dresses...just pass on what you think may help that person achieve what they are going for...thank you

+ 100000. take the feedback in good faith. if it doesnt apply - ignore it ... if it applies, work it into your rotation and get better. I have received lots offeedback from people here (even RFX too) about things like sleeve length, pocket square combinations etc ... and have applied them where applicable. sad thingis i know RFX is cool with the feedback, but his fan boys have to get their $0.02 in.

I stopped by Costco to check things out. They have an Acer laptop for $500. They also have a network for mid $300.

I don't think I can comfortably type data plans and manuals that are 50+ pages on a network because of the keyboard set up. I also hear that a netbook isjust good for going online.

I had no problem opening a Powerpoint I did on my Mac on the PC computer in a class for under grad. But it didn't opened last night when I had to present.

Back
Top Bottom