Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Fred Perry Bomber was on sale at NM Last Call.
Was $250+ retail, tagged at $135 at NM LC and then had an extra 20% off so down to around $105 it goes.

Nice bag WJ4, very nice bday present to yourself. Funny you got the bag before the laptop though.
laugh.gif

It's like getting the keychain before the car, although the bad will probably cost more than the laptop you're getting.
I already have a MacBook and an iMac. The bag is for school, for notebooks, note cards, and writing utencils.

I just need a cheapo PC laptop to work on because the computers in the grad classes don't take the Powerpoint stuff I do on my Mac. The laptop won't be held in that bag..if anything it will be held in my old J. Crew messenger bag.

isnt there a boot pack you can buy from Apple to run Windows and therefore all your Microsoft Office apps?

Originally Posted by wj4

I stopped by Costco to check things out. They have an Acer laptop for $500. They also have a network for mid $300.

I don't think I can comfortably type data plans and manuals that are 50+ pages on a network because of the keyboard set up. I also hear that a netbook is just good for going online.

I had no problem opening a Powerpoint I did on my Mac on the PC computer in a class for under grad. But it didn't opened last night when I had to present.

do you mean, it didnt open on the overhead screen, or on your laptop? if on the overhead projector, i think you need an adapter to make it work. i have anApple laptop for work, and get that issue sometimes. So i just use the PC whenever i have presentations.

Originally Posted by 55steep

Is Last Call a section of Neiman Marcus or a store itself and did they have anymore of that bomber? There aren't any NM's around me and I think I need to get a hold of that jacket. That thing is amazing.
It's the Nordstrom Rack version for Neiman Marcus.

Niidawg-I have no idea man. I didn't pay for the MS Office on my Macs, I will just say that so I don't get banned.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 55steep

Is Last Call a section of Neiman Marcus or a store itself and did they have anymore of that bomber? There aren't any NM's around me and I think I need to get a hold of that jacket. That thing is amazing.
It's the Nordstrom Rack version for Neiman Marcus.

Niidawg-I have no idea man. I didn't pay for the MS Office on my Macs, I will just say that so I don't get banned.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- hey, what is a man to do?

Save your files on a flash drive and connect it to the rooms cpu and open it that way.
Thats how I used to do it when doing presentations at CSUN.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Is it okay to wear dark brown shoes with jeans and a black peacoat? Or should the shoes be black as well?

typically you dont want to mix black and brown. which is why many people stay away from black peacoats and go for navy or brown. they are more versatile. in this case, i would say you would have to go with either black ... or some low profile sneakers.
Grey also

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Is it okay to wear dark brown shoes with jeans and a black peacoat? Or should the shoes be black as well?

typically you dont want to mix black and brown. which is why many people stay away from black peacoats and go for navy or brown. they are more versatile. in this case, i would say you would have to go with either black ... or some low profile sneakers.
Grey also
absolutely right ... i actually meant to type grey, but i must have been thinking about his brown shoes dilemma. grey goes with EVERYTHING.

Originally Posted by wj4

Was $250+ retail, tagged at $135 at NM LC and then had an extra 20% off so down to around $105 it goes.

Nice bag WJ4, very nice bday present to yourself. Funny you got the bag before the laptop though.
laugh.gif

It's like getting the keychain before the car, although the bad will probably cost more than the laptop you're getting.
I already have a MacBook and an iMac. The bag is for school, for notebooks, note cards, and writing utencils.

I just need a cheapo PC laptop to work on because the computers in the grad classes don't take the Powerpoint stuff I do on my Mac. The laptop won't be held in that bag..if anything it will be held in my old J. Crew messenger bag.

scoop a samsung nc10 netbook. install Leopard on it via hackintosh. fire.

just got two new pairs of 514's and trying to find what shoes I want to wear with them. They arent wide enough to wear my Wallabees in my opinion. Which ofthese look good, if any?

suggestions then? Is it that the jeans are too long? I can get them altered, thats what I did on my first pair of 514's. These still have the tags.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

suggestions then? Is it that the jeans are too long? I can get them altered, thats what I did on my first pair of 514's. These still have the tags.
do away with the second pair. the square toe is never really a good look and it really conflicts with the alligator print for some reason. justdead those completely. the other two are straight but you gotta get those jeans tailored. they're a little too long and baggy also. i don't know howslim you like your jeans but in order to wear jeans with those type of shoes, you have to have the jeans fitted, like you would have a pair of dress pantsfitted,

Originally Posted by marburypointgod

Originally Posted by The Legend Six 4

Do any of you guys know where I could find an American version of this? or something pretty similar? They only have up to a size M on ebay from Asia and I can't fit that (hopefully something not to pricey)
3029lxl.jpg

info on this jacket?
you can get it on eBay. some korean brand

^
naw, im outta shape lol. 514 is as slim as I can go. And actually, I finally retired my baggy and bootcuts for the most part, so to me, the 514's look somuch nicer on me

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by sn00pee

those jeans and shoe combo look MJ status
laugh.gif
what type of shoe would you wear? Im not into wearing sneakers much anymore
Boots. Be it plain ones like Chukkas or more casual like Red Wings.

I do agree with the Mj-esque feel, especially on the gators.

I just picked these up for the low...

I would have taken some pics of the fit, but I just realized I left my camera (this was taken with a DSLR) at my parents house...

Nonetheless, for those of us who can't afford to drop the black Leather Louis'...

in8fvn.jpg

how do you dudes make 514s look baggy? are you going like 4 inches big on your waist size? i have straight chicken legs and they dont look anything like thaton me.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

how do you dudes make 514s look baggy? are you going like 4 inches big on your waist size? i have straight chicken legs and they dont look anything like that on me.

I would guess its because the jeans are longer than my legs so it bunches up at the bottom and makes them look baggy.

Back
Top Bottom