Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

I also like the outfit, man.

I'm saving up money to get a nice brown leather jacket sooner or later.

Wore this today to go to study, then dealership, then lunch with mom. Same jacket as the last picture I posted on Saturday.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...dmg/s1600-h/IMG_0770.JPG
I like the way you rolled up the denim (i'd suggest getting some RAW selvedge denim too)...nice looking shoes too...
I just feel like that jacket is doing you more harm then good...like it was a bit more fitted...it would be slicker...

I don't understand why people wear a tie with jeans. Never have, never will. To me, this is a huge faux pas. Like honestly, what's the tie going toaccomplish? And then to wear sneakers with a tie?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by wj4

Wore this today to go to study, then dealership, then lunch with mom. Same jacket as the last picture I posted on Saturday.

I like the way you rolled up the denim (i'd suggest getting some RAW selvedge denim too)...nice looking shoes too...
I just feel like that jacket is doing you more harm then good...like it was a bit more fitted...it would be slicker...
The denim is selvedge, J. Crew Slim Fit Selvedge. You can tell selvedge denim by the white stripes on the side when rolled up.

The jacket has been altered. All of my sports coats and blazers have the sleeves shortened and width taken in. It just looks big because it was unbuttoned.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I don't understand why people wear a tie with jeans. Never have, never will. To me, this is a huge faux pas. Like honestly, what's the tie going to accomplish? And then to wear sneakers with a tie?

Personal style.
Some folks just like to do something differently.
*kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by wj4

The denim is selvedge, J. Crew Slim Fit Selvedge. You can tell selvedge denim by the white stripes on the side when rolled up.

The jacket has been altered. All of my sports coats and blazers have the sleeves shortened and width taken in. It just looks big because it was unbuttoned.
Werd. I stand corrected. I think I darker indigo would have worked better.

I only have 2 pairs of jeans. That's the lighter pair. This is the darker one I wore on Saturday, with the same jacket. It's being washed now. I'm not down with the Raw jean no washing idea.
laugh.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/...-hk/s1600-h/IMG_0768.JPG

I particularly see anything wrong with jeans and ties as long as it is executed well.
Dark jeans with skinny ties or knitted ties work well, those kind of ties tend to be more casual.
It is a look that isn't meant to be taken seriously, it is more playful and laid back and gives more of a sense of style than anything.
It's an acquired taste like wearing waistcoat with jeans, sometimes these styles look odd but can be pulled off.

A silver tie with a sheen with light jeans and multi color sports shirt, that doesn't work.
WJ4's and eiddy's fits work and the tie is somewhat of a compliment to the rest of the clothes.

i'm feelin the saddle shoes...

i got some dark levis 511's...are those gonna work with
these... i figured 511's,polo button down, these kicks,and some kinda cardigan thing...

or is this more like APC /nudie guy jeans... if thats the case i might haveto skip...
i need chubby guy pants.

Slim plaid short-sleeve button-up... suggestion? I wanna wear a cardigan over it hence the short sleeves.

Off the rack, I swear by Ben Sherman, real slim and trim.
Often on sale at Macys and Nordstrom Rack.

For those looking for a toggle coat/hoody, Spiewak for $176.
_5960479.jpg

These jackets are also nice for $70 made by Kaun.
_5962136.jpg
_5960304.jpg

yo im tired of rockin jeans all the time..i have some nice pairs but im trying to move "up" i was wonderin what is the right type of pants to wearthat are not like so dressy such as suit pants or dress slacks..
but somethin a step above jeans..that i can still rock casually and wear polos and button ups..and even a tie

cuz im not feelin the whole "jeans with a button up tuckd in and a tie" look.

Rfx help me out pal i know u got some knowledge lol

Chinos and khakis are a safe bet as an alternative to jeans without being too formal.
Check out J Crew, BR and RL POLO, their Rugby line usually has a slimmer versions.

I didn't want to post this because I was planning on buying myself a pair later but Cheap Monday has a nice, slim and cheap khakis.

This particular one is only $65 and tapers 16" at the knees and 15" in the hem.
Here's a link and there should be a coupon code out there somewhere for an extra discount.
http://www.revolveclothin...-MJ46&c=Cheap+Monday&d=b.
CHEA-MJ46_V1.jpg

When it comes to slim khakis or chinos, this price can't be beat. Other similar pants in fit usually cost $150+ from what I've seen (outside of 511trousers).

bro thanks a lot for the info! i only wear the slim cut.
and im getting tired of levis..i have like 5 pairs of 514s slim and 511s

how about corduroy pants? u rockin them?

The only corduroy pants I have are one light brown 511's and one grey H&M.
I've worn them a couple of times but it'll see more wear when it gets colder.

I feel the same with the dude who gets tire of jeans. This is why I only have 2 pairs. I like to have a variety, in addition to jeans I also wear chinos andcorduroys.

I am going down to an upscale part of Florida in a couple weeks, in which I will be going to many upscale restaurants during my stay.

I need your help. I have a very minimal selection of clothing in my closet that I would consider appropriate. I would love it if somebody can suggest me afew nice looking wovens and I am looking for that perfect pair of casual shoes to wear.

Anybody?

Went to NYC this past weekend. Stopped by UNIQLO and cleaned house. Picked up some +J shirts, chinos, socks, flannels... my wallet is considerably lighter
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom