Dressing better

I was looking at ben sherman shirts and I saw one that said Jermyn St fit.
What kind of fit is this shirt? I'm curious to know because soho is slim, mod is regular, and relaxed is union.

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
Is that about the W&H jacket I posted?
If so, the wrist are meant to be folded like that.

For leather jackets, I believe ZARA had a real one for $180-$190.
I figured it was real because the faux leather usually cost $99 at ZARA.
It looked good too, I just didn't bother looking into it because they didn't have a size small for me to try on.
is there an online store for ZARA?

Navy moccasin with tweed? It could work but it won't be easy.
The safest bet is brown. I often wear either my brown boots or brown wingtips with my grey herringbone pants.
I've also worn them with my black cap toe shoes but I go with brown most of the time.

Sounds good, i'll probably stick to my brown Lacoste boat-shoe hybrid things..

One more question.. if a pant has turn-ups (cuffs) if i get the tailor to remove them will I damage the pant altogether?

I've narrowed it down to these three.. with a white shirt and some tie. Will puppytooth texture go with a vertically striped shirt?

1. Herringbone - looks lighter than option 2.

2. Same as 1 but 100% wool and his those damn cuffs @%+#!!

3. Darker grey with puppytooth pattern - will these go with a vertically striped shirt?

Help me NT!
roll.gif

You can't go wrong with any of those trousers, any suggestion in which pants to get would be a personal choice/taste.
I personally like the first one, it looks like a heavy cloth, perfect for fall/winter.

My other suggestion is get another pair of shoes. Those pants are dressy while the shoes you want to wear with them is very casual.
Get some wingtips or oxfords or cap toes, any of those would work.

For American Apparel sweatshirt how do you guys think I should go with sizing?

I usually wear a medium but knowing how small their clothes run since some are unisex, how should I size?

Originally Posted by I3

Navy moccasin with tweed? It could work but it won't be easy.
The safest bet is brown. I often wear either my brown boots or brown wingtips with my grey herringbone pants.
I've also worn them with my black cap toe shoes but I go with brown most of the time.

Sounds good, i'll probably stick to my brown Lacoste boat-shoe hybrid things..

One more question.. if a pant has turn-ups (cuffs) if i get the tailor to remove them will I damage the pant altogether?

I've narrowed it down to these three.. with a white shirt and some tie. Will puppytooth texture go with a vertically striped shirt?

1. Herringbone - looks lighter than option 2.

2. Same as 1 but 100% wool and his those damn cuffs @%+#!!

3. Darker grey with puppytooth pattern - will these go with a vertically striped shirt?

Help me NT!
roll.gif

it's called houndstooth.

cuffs > no cuffs. a bit trendier/daring these days, and much better for winter. charcoal > light gray, since it's more formal.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

cuffs > no cuffs.
not always. cuffs can make you look shorter. i wouldn't recommend it for shorter guys.

cuffs will make you look shorter indeed. however, i'm on the shorter side and i still wear them; as long as the cut of the pants are nice and slim, cuffswill look good no matter what. tapering is very important as well as a shorter top block rise. recommended only for those who know what they're doing.

^ yeah I opted for the no-cuff model. because I want to elongate my frame haha. hopefully the fit is slim/skinny, I already measure myself and the leg lengthsare still long so I will be getting them taken in as well as my shirt. I hope to get them tappered if need be.

Originally Posted by I3

^ yeah I opted for the no-cuff model. because I want to elongate my frame haha. hopefully the fit is slim/skinny, I already measure myself and the leg lengths are still long so I will be getting them taken in as well as my shirt. I hope to get them tappered if need be.

if you get a decent tailor you can also angle your hem from heel to front. make sure to get a "shiver" of the pant on top of the shoe, or no break,to make yourself look taller! you can add darts to the back of your shirt if you plan on wearing a jacket over it at all times, since i personally think dartson a shirt is a look akin only to women...

some nice stuff from woolrich and john varvatos shoes on Gilt today

unfortunately i brushed my teeth too long and didn't get back on my computer until about 30 seconds into the sale and missed the woolrich shirt i wanted
laugh.gif

if you don't have a membership use this invitation:

link

ahh, someone took the woolrich shirt out of their cart or it was no longer reserved and i got it

also, Penfield outerwear is on jackthreads today

Originally Posted by eeibaby

For American Apparel sweatshirt how do you guys think I should go with sizing?

I usually wear a medium but knowing how small their clothes run since some are unisex, how should I size?
Anyone wanna help real quick

Back
Top Bottom