Dressing better

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

And is it just me or...

514s feel baggy now?
they actually feel tighter too me.

I use to wear 514's for a while then i bought some 511's and i felt that the 514's were baggy. Now i went back to wearing 514's and copped a new pair and they felt tighter compared to the old ones i have. But its probably because the older ones arent my measurements
I remember talking to RFX earlier in this thread about how inconsistent Levis sizing is now. My two pairs of 514s from 2006 were size 32 and wereskin tight for the first couple of weeks that I had them and over time theyve become too baggy since they stretched to like a 34. My pair 514s from 2008 is asize 31 and the thighs measure the same as my stretched out 34s
sick.gif
definitely try on different pairs of the same cut in the store, dont just rely on your regular size

My go to clothes in the rainy has been black jean and brown boots and I believe it works.

Earlier tonight...
jv_chu10.jpg

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

So I have a thread on Styleforum selling a few items and there was some interest from a few NT'ers earlier on. Someone requested fit pics of the trench coat and I just got some taken.

4187137192_2b75626583.jpg

4186374879_bf33b01325.jpg

The trench actually fits me great but I just don't wear it enough. I wore this out maybe 3-4 times total and it's been in my closet since. If anyone's interested, PM me.
that trench fit is 5 star
pimp.gif
, I wouldn't sell it, keep it& avoid regret, I feel like that on a few of my old pieces

AE trench coat $45 in a large, they canceled the medium from the internet order
mad.gif

dressingbetter2-19.jpg
dressingbetter2-17.jpg

big but I think it works since it's a more casual trench
eyes.gif
I don'tknow, I'll give it a few more spins, figure can't go wrong with $45 & I barely have outerwear

the lady loves NT
dressingbetter2-26.jpg

from the motivational quote thread;
"dress british, think yiddish"
pimp.gif

Is a black pinstriped suit suitable for job type environments such as interviews and career fairs? Im planning on buying my first suit soon, and i really lovethe black pinstriped look, and I would like to wear it to other really formal social events, but I just don't know if its appropriate for interviews andsuch. Is it one of those cases where as long as i wear the right shirt and tie, it will be fine? Any input? thanks

So I have a thread on Styleforum selling a few items and there was some interest from a few NT'ers earlier on. Someone requested fit pics of the trench coat and I just got some taken.

4186374879_bf33b01325.jpg

The trench actually fits me great but I just don't wear it enough. I wore this out maybe 3-4 times total and it's been in my closet since. If anyone's interested, PM me.

brand/size? i like this look...need to get me a trenchcoat to wear over suits on rainy days.

EDIT: fit is perfect, btw. if i were you, i'd keep it...hoping it will fit me, though.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

Is a black pinstriped suit suitable for job type environments such as interviews and career fairs? Im planning on buying my first suit soon, and i really love the black pinstriped look, and I would like to wear it to other really formal social events, but I just don't know if its appropriate for interviews and such. Is it one of those cases where as long as i wear the right shirt and tie, it will be fine? Any input? thanks

if it's your first suit get a dark/charcoal grey suit...it's much more versatile than black.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Is a black pinstriped suit suitable for job type environments such as interviews and career fairs? Im planning on buying my first suit soon, and i really love the black pinstriped look, and I would like to wear it to other really formal social events, but I just don't know if its appropriate for interviews and such. Is it one of those cases where as long as i wear the right shirt and tie, it will be fine? Any input? thanks

if it's your first suit get a dark/charcoal grey suit...it's much more versatile than black.

-waystinthyme unless you're in the wall street or fashion industry avoid the pinstripes as a starter suit. Go for the grey & my fav the Obama navy suit w a yellow tie. Always worked for my interviews.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

brand/size? i like this look...need to get me a trenchcoat to wear over suits on rainy days.

EDIT: fit is perfect, btw. if i were you, i'd keep it...hoping it will fit me, though.

-waystinthyme
This is a Banana Republic trenchcoat, right?

In law school they pretty much demand that we keep suits very basic in interviews i.e charcoal, black, navy blue. You can venture a little withthe shirt and tie but even there, try to keep it conservative. I'm not sure if black pinstripe would be taboo in this situation, I'm sure others likenildawg and the like could help you better, but personally I'd go with a charcoal or black suit if I had to buy only one, simply because they're soversatile.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Those are just white Jack Purcells.
Thanks, I'm not that knowledgable with these
laugh.gif
. I wasthinking of getting another pair of All-Stars, but I think I'll get these instead, but then again Footlocker is having a BOGO right now so I could do both,but I don't know what other colour to get. Any recommendations for another must-have versitile sneaker (colour?)?

Jack Purcell is probably one of the most versatile sneakers out there and it is much more comfortable than regular chucks.
I would suggest getting a low profile version in either black or white, you really can't go wrong with either.
I have a pair of JPs in black, white and grey and that pretty much covers almost any casual clothes combo I will ever create.

Back
Top Bottom