Dressing better

Originally Posted by What up

I don't like you, anyone else?
laugh.gif

Ralph Lauren everything makes it easy lol -____- but really.. any1 know where to get some nice corduroy's online ?

Where can I get some of these shoes for cheap? I don't have lots of money but I need a little something something to match versatile fits. I'm tired ofruining fits with a pair of converses or something nasty.

Around 150 max.

Sigh...

Still wish I could pull off the 511 khaki pants.

Maybe after I'm done cutting some weight.

And is it just me or...

514s feel baggy now?

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

And is it just me or...

514s feel baggy now?
they actually feel tighter too me.

I use to wear 514's for a while then i bought some 511's and i felt that the 514's were baggy. Now i went back to wearing 514's and copped anew pair and they felt tighter compared to the old ones i have. But its probably because the older ones arent my measurements

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Copped the burganyish ones. Really nice in person.
pimp.gif
If you don't mind, could you post some pics?
I am intrigued by them and considering copping.

Ok, got a general question. What's the rule when mixing black and brown? For example let's say you got on a black coat, can you wear brown boots/shoes?Want to see what some of you fashion forward dudes got to say.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

And is it just me or...

514s feel baggy now?
they actually feel tighter too me.

I use to wear 514's for a while then i bought some 511's and i felt that the 514's were baggy. Now i went back to wearing 514's and copped a new pair and they felt tighter compared to the old ones i have. But its probably because the older ones arent my measurements
Wash your old 514's. Levis stretch out like a mother

Originally Posted by angonas

Ok, got a general question. What's the rule when mixing black and brown? For example let's say you got on a black coat, can you wear brown boots/shoes? Want to see what some of you fashion forward dudes got to say.
The rule is to match your belt with your shoes. Everything else is irrelevant (but of course that doesn't mean it will look good... just therule.)

I made a post a couple pages back about how I use to feel extremely uncomfortable mixing black clothes with brown shoes and vice versa. Then I stumbled uponthis picture on The Sartorialist.

11309ChurchStWeb1.jpg

It's irrelevant that it's a woman. This pic definitely made me a lot more confident about mixing blacks and browns. There are probably a ton of betterexamples but this is the specific one that convinced me.

^Agreed, and for me the lighter the brown the more it makes the outfit stand out in a good way.

I was always told it was a big no no. I see the picture and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it. A part of me says it doesn't look right. I knowfor sure if it wasn't for matching the belt it would look terrible but maybe its something you have to get used to seeing.

hmm mixing black and brown can go right or wrong. i think many people take the rule a little to much to heart. black jeans with beeswax desert boots? thatwould work for me, id rock that without problem. why not? don't people wear black suits with brown dress shoes? school me if im wrong, i won't take itpersonally. thats the point of this thread.

that shorty pictured on the sartorialist looks good to me.

on a side note...girl got me early small xmas gift. just a lil something i wanted to add to closet...
0image029.jpg

0image028.jpg

both are from old navy, but good luck finding the cardigan still. my girl works there and randomly found my size hiding in the stock..

Originally Posted by Vancity74

05-02-09-006.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of boots similar to these? I'm not in the mood to drop $700...
I have been feeling the same way, haven't been able to fine anything with the finish of these, and it is hard to find more affordable bootslike these with low profiles. I'd check out something like the Wolverine 1000 mile boot though, they have a new leather look but are pretty low profile. I know I am going to end up dropping the $$$$ to pick those w+h boots up though, been keeping my eye out to see if anyone is trying to sell a lightly usedpair.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

05-02-09-006.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of boots similar to these? I'm not in the mood to drop $700...
I have been feeling the same way, haven't been able to fine anything with the finish of these, and it is hard to find more affordable boots like these with low profiles. I'd check out something like the Wolverine 1000 mile boot though, they have a new leather look but are pretty low profile. I know I am going to end up dropping the $$$$ to pick those w+h boots up though, been keeping my eye out to see if anyone is trying to sell a lightly used pair.
Damn, those boots are amazing. I need a pair of black boots and those would be perfect... price tag though?
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

05-02-09-006.jpg

I have been feeling the same way, haven't been able to fine anything with the finish of these, and it is hard to find more affordable boots like these with low profiles. I'd check out something like the Wolverine 1000 mile boot though, they have a new leather look but are pretty low profile. I know I am going to end up dropping the $$$$ to pick those w+h boots up though, been keeping my eye out to see if anyone is trying to sell a lightly used pair.
Saw these in person today and thought it looked similar somewhat. A lot less $ for sure.

http://www1.macys.com/cat...019&CategoryID=47781

So I have a thread on Styleforum selling a few items and there was some interest from a few NT'ers earlier on. Someone requested fit pics of the trenchcoat and I just got some taken.

4187137192_2b75626583.jpg

4186374879_bf33b01325.jpg

The trench actually fits me great but I just don't wear it enough. I wore this out maybe 3-4 times total and it's been in my closet since. Ifanyone's interested, PM me.

Back
Top Bottom