Dressing better

If the vest were solid then you can mis match it with a different solid colored pair of pants. But wearing black pants with a black striped vest just lookweird to me. Is the stripes on the vest really visible though?

On another note, another Alden Indy collaboration, this time with Epaulet.
The black and tan Indy, damn this looks great, I wish it came in wider sizes though.
Only 18 available. (sorry for the ginormous pics)
4216287041_5c160921ce_b.jpg

4216286723_4dc9af5d00_b.jpg

I also remember someone looking for a blue suede chukka/desert boot before and I saw that Epaulet has a pair for $275.
4050418755_c12feaa1c5_b.jpg

4051162568_02e7e08f4c_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Question for the pros - is it okay to wear dress pants with a non-matching vest? I got some nice black dress pants and a black pinstripe vest, but they clearly don't match. Is this okay? White shirt + black knit tie...
I'm no pro but the knit tie sounds out of place. Not sure on the vest pants issue but I probably wouldn't do it.

one11archerave wrote:
Vancity74 wrote:
Question for the pros - is it okay to wear dress pants with a non-matching vest? I got some nice black dress pants and a black pinstripe vest, but they clearly don't match. Is this okay? White shirt + black knit tie...
I'm no pro but the knit tie sounds out of place. Not sure on the vest pants issue but I probably wouldn't do it.

i definitely agree the knit tie is a no go....on second thought this outfit is starting to sound like you got a bunch of stuff on sale and want towear it all at the same time IMO. Be careful sounds like you have some nice pieces but all together
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hadegbite

one11archerave wrote:

Vancity74 wrote:

i definitely agree the knit tie is a no go....on second thought this outfit is starting to sound like you got a bunch of stuff on sale and want to wear it all at the same time IMO. Be careful sounds like you have some nice pieces but all together
ohwell.gif

Not really. I have a bunch of awesome random pieces, and a nice suit, but nothing really works together and I need something to wear tomorrow night. I mightjust get a black cardigan and wear that with a white shirt and black tie. I dunno.

one11archerave wrote:

Vancity74 wrote:

i definitely agree the knit tie is a no go....on second thought this outfit is starting to sound like you got a bunch of stuff on sale and want to wear it all at the same time IMO. Be careful sounds like you have some nice pieces but all together
ohwell.gif

Not really. I have a bunch of awesome random pieces, and a nice suit, but nothing really works together and I need something to wear tomorrow night. I might just get a black cardigan and wear that with a white shirt and black tie. I dunno.

If you go that route, ditch the black pants or if you want to wear the black pants, get a navy or charcoal cardigan instead.

Originally Posted by RFX45

one11archerave wrote:

Vancity74 wrote:

ohwell.gif

Not really. I have a bunch of awesome random pieces, and a nice suit, but nothing really works together and I need something to wear tomorrow night. I might just get a black cardigan and wear that with a white shirt and black tie. I dunno.

If you go that route, ditch the black pants or if you want to wear the black pants, get a navy or charcoal cardigan instead.

Keep it simple! But a nice suit with a great Tie/Shirt combo goes a long way

Originally Posted by RFX45

hadegbite wrote:

one11archerave wrote:

Vancity74 wrote:

Question for the pros - is it okay to wear dress pants with a non-matching vest? I got some nice black dress pants and a black pinstripe vest, but they
clearly don't match. Is this okay? White shirt + black knit tie...
i definitely agree the knit tie is a no go....on second thought this outfit is starting to sound like you got a bunch of stuff on sale and want
to wear it all at the same time IMO. Be careful sounds like you have some nice pieces but all together
ohwell.gif

Not really. I have a bunch of awesome random pieces, and a nice suit, but nothing really works together and I need something to wear tomorrow night. I might
just get a black cardigan and wear that with a white shirt and black tie. I dunno.

Navy with black?

In case you can't already tell, when it comes to non-jeans/sneakers/t-shirt aka super-casual dress, I am clueless.

Thanks everyone!

Navy or charcoal with black is a pretty good combo I think. Wear black pants and navy cardigan with brown dress shoes and a white shirt plus the black tie tobring it all together.
Black pants with a black cardigan and black tie is too monotonous and you need a break especially if you are considering black shoes too.
This is probably what I'll be wearing tomorrow night, navy pants, brown shoes an belt and a black and white gingham shirt along with a black (with a subtlewhite stripe) tie.

I'll probably just add in a charcoal blazer like such (the jacket already has the sleeves shortened).

Here's a good example of black pants and blue sweater. The pants are actually herringbone material and the sweater isn't exactly as dark as navy but Ithink it works.

RFx your tailor did a great job on that jacket....i just got a new tailor he works for Emporio/Georgio Armani, i just took my first piece to him i cant wait toget it today.

Actually, that jacket pic is off the rack. I just had the sleeves shortened, it's still long in that pic.
The overall fit is on point though especially off the rack.

Quick question about Tailors. How did you guys find yours? Did you just keep trying different ones until you found a good one? Are you guys just going totailors in the strip malls at the dry cleaners or something else?

I used to go to the dry cleaners for simple hemming or tapering jobs but for a more extensive work I go to a real tailor.
It is usually from word of mouth or website recommendations such as yelp.com that helps you find one that is good.

one11archerave wrote:
Quick question about Tailors. How did you guys find yours? Did you just keep trying different ones until you found a good one? Are you guys just going to tailors in the strip malls at the dry cleaners or something else?

Referrals! My tailor was in the mall, he works for Armani as a tailor...he is not supposed to tailor other brands, he gets all my measurements and wecollaborate in the armani store then he does my stuff at home and brings it to work the next day. Its real convient when i shop at the mall and can drop it offto him too. Ask around your mall or ask a friend whose suit cuts are nice. I sometimes ask sales associates at high end stores who does theirs cause typicallyits someone in the mall. Oh and prices will be very good for example i basically bought a potatoe sack and my tailor turned it into a suit for $50 bucks!

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Minus the frames this is an excellent fit.

mtv-awards6-mr-bently.jpg

That girl is cute.

Macy and dillards have some good deals in store.
Like i tell all my boys the "best accessory to go with your suit is a sexy chic!"

RFX what brand is that jacket if you dont mind me asking?

H&M, size 36R. I imagine a 36S would require no trip to the tailor but I have yet to see one. I heard those blazers were going for $30-$35 during theirafter xmas sale, I got them for $70 a month or so ago.

What i wore this past Sunday to church....w/brown shoes.

I'm liking the color combo but it's hard to grasp with such a close/detailed shot.

Back
Top Bottom