Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by hadegbite

RFX what brand is that jacket if you dont mind me asking?

H&M, size 36R. I imagine a 36S would require no trip to the tailor but I have yet to see one. I heard those blazers were going for $30-$35 during their after xmas sale, I got them for $70 a month or so ago.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

What i wore this past Sunday to church....w/brown shoes.

I'm liking the color combo but it's hard to grasp with such a close/detailed shot.

Thats the only pic i took....Dang i hate not having a H&M in houston! And why the heck dont they sell stuff online! The cut of that jacket is impressive.

fellas, do items from the ralph lauren rugby collection fit different than regular polo items? I normally wear a large and was wondering would I go a size upor not?

Thanx in advance

Originally Posted by quiksilver199

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Originally Posted by just some foo

got this jacket for ~60% off the other day.. only $80.55... picks up everything though..

picture001bj.jpg

picture002kn.jpg

buttonup/jeans are H&M..

i dont have any "dressing better" type shoes lol.. wore playoff 8s with it
info on the jacket?
it was usually around$149??.. was on sale at the gap for around 95.99 i think, and i convinced the employee that was working to give me her employee discount to make it $80.55 with tax lol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

she lied to you bro. gap employee discount is 40%, but 20% is better than nothing
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
oh well, she got me...

but 20% discount>>no discount

I doubt she lied, Gap's discount is 50% on regular priced items and 10% on sale items (I should know since I work there)

I just picked this jacket up at work today, it was originally $128 but was on sale for $85.99 plus an additional 40% so I got it for around $54

Originally Posted by blakperl

fellas, do items from the ralph lauren rugby collection fit different than regular polo items? I normally wear a large and was wondering would I go a size up or not?

Thanx in advance

if no one can answer your question their Is a Ralph Lauren thread, I know those guys will be able to help.

hadeg, good lookin out. I totally forgot about tha RL thread and posted a few minutes later I realized there was a thread for it.

Got a few ties.
The two on the right are perfect casual ties, currently buy one get one free at Macys and it is $45 each so it comes to about $22 each.
It's only Alfani but it will serve it's purpose.
ties10.jpg

Went shoe shopping today at Nordstrom. Bought a pair of Allen Edmonds for a little over $200, it was $100 off. Also got 2 pairs of Jack Purcells, one low andone high.

Express has the sales bins out for those who shop there.

should all ties end near the waist line ? i have a skinny tie but when i tie it is slightly below. i mean it still looks ok to me, but just wondering what"the rule" is. is there a certain style knot that skinny ties should be tied with ? cause right now i only know and use the 4 in hand method. pleaselet me know what you guys think. thanks

Originally Posted by 23kickz

should all ties end near the waist line ? i have a skinny tie but when i tie it is slightly below. i mean it still looks ok to me, but just wondering what "the rule" is. is there a certain style knot that skinny ties should be tied with ? cause right now i only know and use the 4 in hand method. please let me know what you guys think. thanks
Bottom of the tie should touch the top of the belt slightly. I have a couple of ties that are too lengthy and the only way to do this is by usingthe full windsor.

Navy or charcoal with black is a pretty good combo I think. Wear black pants and navy cardigan with brown dress shoes and a white shirt plus the black tie to bring it all together.
Black pants with a black cardigan and black tie is too monotonous and you need a break especially if you are considering black shoes too.
This is probably what I'll be wearing tomorrow night, navy pants, brown shoes an belt and a black and white gingham shirt along with a black (with a subtle white stripe) tie.
is it me or do the shoes look mad long? is it the style?

It's a combination of angle, big shoes and tapered pants.
laugh.gif

WJ4, which high top JP's did you get? I have been waiting for this pair to go on sale.
_5953441.jpg

^I got those, RFX. I paid retail for that one, 75 or so I believe.. The lows were on sale for $45 I think.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I'm really feeling these shirts by Christopher Kane.
ckane.jpg

Do you have a PARADE to attend or something?

Insinuating that someones gay in the Dressing Better thread is pretty lame homie and these shirts are dope.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

white dress shirt, skinny tie, with blue jeans or black?
What kind of shoes? I'm not a fan of black jeans so dark blue jeans would always win for me.

thats also the thing... i dont have dress shoes so i'll prob swing by a thrift store or maybe finally invest in some clarks

laugh.gif

WJ4, which high top JP's did you get? I have been waiting for this pair to go on sale.
_5953441.jpg

what are these called?

Vancity74 - I would not go with Navy and Black if I were you. Just doesn't look right to me. Black and Charcoal/Grey or Navy and Charcoal/Grey look best tome.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

thats also the thing... i dont have dress shoes so i'll prob swing by a thrift store or maybe finally invest in some clarks
I wore a similar outfit a while back. White dress shirt, black knit tie, dark blue jeans, and black Clarks DBs, and Gucci aviator shades. Thegirls loved it. My dudes thought I looked like a tool.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

should all ties end near the waist line ? i have a skinny tie but when i tie it is slightly below. i mean it still looks ok to me, but just wondering what "the rule" is. is there a certain style knot that skinny ties should be tied with ? cause right now i only know and use the 4 in hand method. please let me know what you guys think. thanks
Bottom of the tie should touch the top of the belt slightly. I have a couple of ties that are too lengthy and the only way to do this is by using the full windsor.
putting the skinny tie in a full windsor is fine ? or should i go with the 4 in hand method since its a skinny tie, will a windsor knot seem toobulky ? cause right now its slightly below the belt line which i know is a no no.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif

what are these called?
Racerground Mid.

Originally Posted by wj4

Bottom of the tie should touch the top of the belt slightly. I have a couple of ties that are too lengthy and the only way to do this is by using the full windsor.
putting the skinny tie in a full windsor is fine ? or should i go with the 4 in hand method since its a skinny tie, will a windsor knot seem too bulky ? cause right now its slightly below the belt line which i know is a no no.
I never attempted a skinny tie in a full windsor. I was talking about the regular silk ties in my case.

Back
Top Bottom