Dressing better

ahh, haven't been on here for a min. anyways here is my new years eve fit for clubbin in times square
smokin.gif

20091231174015.jpg

*phone cam*

Banana Republic merino v -neck sweater

J Crew knit tie

American Eagle classic trench

H & M white shirt

Uniqlo relaxed fit jeans

Dockers dress shows (not pictured)

Kenneth Cole Reaction belt (not pictured)

word to this thread for the inspiration. was really confident in the look. hardest part was the jeans. tried to find the slimmest pair while being comfortableto move around (can't be stiff when you got shorty movin dat @zZ on you in the club
tongue.gif
) found uniqlo jeans to be a good choice. crotch looks weird in thepic but it turns out it isn't as bad as it looks.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

niidawg3 wrote:

Are there any good tailors around the Atlanta area?---preferably somewhere other than clayton co.???
sick.gif
laugh.gif
. I want to get away from the Dept. store tailors. Help me out on this one. Much appreciated.

In the Peachtree Battle shopping center, there is European Alterations. Owned by Asians (so dont know why they call themselves that) - however they do really good work, especially the owner (Yolanda). A little pricey, but you get what you pay for when it comes to alterations.

Also in the Brooks Brothers store at Lenox, there is a great Iranian tailor there.

Okay----someone else told me about that European Alts spot, I think it was near the Lindbergh Marta Station though.

niidawg3...hey man do you (or anyone u know) have any cravats,plastrons, or ascots you can sell
happy.gif
to me?---or you know any spots around the A that carries any??

I have another question/situation too----I will be doing some lecture presentations and hosting some events for the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority at my school and wanted to know where I can get some nice quality pink & green colored combination ties and pocket squares?---I can't seem to find that color combo anywhere----out of all the color combos in the world for ties i cant seem to find a pink and green one
laugh.gif

Lastly, what would be a good matching suit to complement the colors?? Thanks again.

- they have 2 branches - one at Peachtree Battle and one at the Lindbergh Marta Station - so you are right on!

- as far as cravates and ascots, i own 3 of them - so not that many that i could sell off. my recommendation would be on the high end (Sid Mashburn,Sebastians or Brooks Brothers at Lenox) or on the low end (ebay - my preference since there will be more choices to look for).

- finally for pink and green - i suggest going with a solid navy suit ... and either brown or black dress shoes. you could do a pink/green tie with whitepocket square on a white shirt, or a green tie with pink pocket square, or pink tie with green pocket square in order to achieve the colors. here are some tiesi saw on ebay ... dont know if they are what you are looking for based on your color scheme (unfortunately dont know the exact AKA color scheme):

http://cgi.ebay.com/95-Lilly-Pulitz...ViewItemQQptZUS_Mens_Ties?hash=item4a9d5f0a6d

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Comfort-NW...ViewItemQQptZUS_Mens_Ties?hash=item3efb80a6cc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ETRO-185-GREEN-...ViewItemQQptZUS_Mens_Ties?hash=item27ae3cd0a1

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Just picked up some things from the mall

Levis 514
J Crew knit tie
J Crew fitted tee
Zara fitted sweater
Banana republic shoes

Everything was on sale...only excuse for pointless shopping
grin.gif
Stellar pickups!
those BR shoes look fuego, gotta sneak that purchase by the wife
frown.gif
complains I got too many
picked up some ties too
ties.jpg

extra 20% off sale items, $7.99
it's impossible to pay retail around my way, quick fact
[font=arial,helvetica]"North Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world with seven major shopping malls within a 25 sq.mile radius.[/font] "

This was also at J.Crew, fuego, cotton & linen, navy blue, last one in my size Medium, BUT, $108 not onsale
[h1]J.Crew Linen-Cotton Toggle Sweater[/h1]
This summertime sweater is great for after-dark activities. The J.Crew Linen-Cotton Toggle Sweater ($108) sports a shawl collar and a linen/cotton blend, along with a rugged rope and wood-toggle closure. Also perfect for your new sailboat.

jcrewsweater.jpg
jcrew-toggle-sweater.jpg

can't pull the trigger right now

Not regarding sneakers, who here has any dress shoes or boots in anything other than black, brown and maybe dark red?
laugh.gif
All I have are black and brown. Going to pick up a navy pair of loafer from Boss soon and looking for a dark red boot as well. Would've kept the stupid Red Wings if they weren't soheavy.

^I can only do brown and black. I have many shades of brown though. i wear a 13 so anything else would look like clown feet.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

anyone know a good red and white button up shirt they would suggest online? need another one been looking around...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
I saw a nice red/white gingham shirt at the local J. Crew not too long ago. Would've got one if they had my size.

anyone know where i can find some skinny khakis? i'm tired of checking uniqlo only to find nothing and i don't wanna buy some khakis and get themtailored but i think i might have to.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

anyone know where i can find some skinny khakis? i'm tired of checking uniqlo only to find nothing and i don't wanna buy some khakis and get them tailored but i think i might have to.

I don't know how skinny you want but dockers made some 'slim fit' khakis.

J. Crew has some slim fitting chinos that I like a lot. I forgot the name of it, but it's something along the line of Bowerman. I also have bigger thannormal thighs so skinny stuff in brands like H&M would fit fine around the waist, but not so much on the legs.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by niidawg3

niidawg3 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ETRO-185-GREEN-...ViewItemQQptZUS_Mens_Ties?hash=item27ae3cd0a1
I personally like gray with pink. Charcoal gray with a white shirt and pink pocket square would be nice. Here are a couple combos that would work if you do the gray or the navy suit:

00008f.jpg

I like that look right there---that has a retro look with the dark suit and dark tie along with the glasses. I have similar frames like that---they are rufusframes.

I see that Jos A. Bank have a sale----how are their suits as far as the fit and quality?----Im looking for a more European fit since i'm slim and have asmall-to-medium frame (6'0'' 185 lbs). What would be some stores that have good quality suits---preferably more fitted (Euro fit)?

niidawg3....man have you ever checked out Foleen's (sp?) Basement?----how are they as far as suits and assessories?

if you're considering Jos A Bank you must have a low budget. my advice is just keep looking at those fused $300 suits and have them tailored. Find a suitthat fits your shoulders and adjust the chest, sides, sleeves etc.

And if you're in Georgia it'll be tougher, people I know from there only dress in large baggy suits. But if you're near Atlanta there have to besome good shops, probably more than are listed here: http://www.gq.com/food-travel/city-guides/atlanta cause those are kinda disappointing.

trick is to find a good tailor.

Originally Posted by infamousod

if you're considering Jos A Bank you must have a low budget. my advice is just keep looking at those fused $300 suits and have them tailored. Find a suit that fits your shoulders and adjust the chest, sides, sleeves etc.

And if you're in Georgia it'll be tougher, people I know from there only dress in large baggy suits. But if you're near Atlanta there have to be some good shops, probably more than are listed here: http://www.gq.com/food-travel/city-guides/atlanta cause those are kinda disappointing.

trick is to find a good tailor.
I would have to disagree. I live in Atlanta and finding clothing is easy. I go to the outlets in Dawsonville and in Discovery Mills to get greatprices on normally expensive things. I also mix cheaper gear into my wardrobe because I'm not wearing a super expensive shirt to a club to sweat in. Checkout OFF 5TH and Nieman Marcus outlets you will be pleasantly surprised. Ask niidawg3...I have seen him there before.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Just picked up some things from the mall

Levis 514
J Crew knit tie
J Crew fitted tee
Zara fitted sweater
Banana republic shoes

Everything was on sale...only excuse for pointless shopping
grin.gif
those are some nice shoes
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by niidawg3

niidawg3 wrote:

I personally like gray with pink. Charcoal gray with a white shirt and pink pocket square would be nice. Here are a couple combos that would work if you do the gray or the navy suit:

I like that look right there---that has a retro look with the dark suit and dark tie along with the glasses. I have similar frames like that---they are rufus frames.

I see that Jos A. Bank have a sale----how are their suits as far as the fit and quality?----Im looking for a more European fit since i'm slim and have a small-to-medium frame (6'0'' 185 lbs). What would be some stores that have good quality suits---preferably more fitted (Euro fit)?

niidawg3....man have you ever checked out Foleen's (sp?) Basement?----how are they as far as suits and assessories?

For a European fit, you are looking for high arm-holes, natural shoulders, slim sleeves, waist suppression on the jacket, and tapered legs on your pants. Idoubt you would find these at Jos A. Bank. Some may say Jos A Bank suits are quality, especially for their price, but i would disagree. At the low end, i wouldsay check out H&M or Express. They will give you a more fashion forward suit - however their quality is questionable (fused vs canvassed). On the higherend, you cant go wrong with Polo's Purple or Black Label, Hickey Freeman, Oxxford, Kiton, Brioni etc ... but that would set you back at least a grand!!

Filene's basement is aight - you can score some deals there if you look hard. I have been in there maybe twice max, so its hard for me to gie a goodassessment of their stuff.

If you want to get a good idea of a great fitting suit, check out Sid Mashburn on Howell Mills, Saks, Neimann and the Polo store in Lenox. Those will give youan idea of what you want. Then you start hunting for deals to find it ... and make a good tailor your best friend.

Thanks guys im going to hit up Lenox first thing Monday morning and check things out.

How about the stores up there like Ross, Marshalls, etc???----I know the ones near Buckhead and Peachtree Plaza, and Dunwoody have better quality/designerclothes, but what about their suits?----I'm kinda weary and skeptical when it comes to getting suits from there.
laugh.gif

Much appreciated fellas....

Thanks guys im going to hit up Lenox first thing Monday morning and check things out.

How about the stores up there like Ross, Marshalls, etc???----I know the ones near Buckhead and Peachtree Plaza, and Dunwoody have better quality/designer clothes, but what about their suits?----I'm kinda weary and skeptical when it comes to getting suits from there.
laugh.gif

Much appreciated fellas....

the Marshalls on Peachtree actually has 300 dollar suits ... Corneliani, Theory and a few others. So its worth checking out ... especially since its right upthe street from Lenox.

i'm going to try and start posting more daily ... today for church:

Coldest day in Atlanta yet this winter:

Back
Top Bottom