Dressing better

indifferent.gif
hell nooo..............

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Looking for combat boots.

Where can I find a pair?

bedstu_gunner2_1.jpg
I was actually planning to cop a pair this week. I'm just gonna hit the Army Navy surplus store, where you can cop a pair for pretty cheap...

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

niidawg3 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ETRO-185-GREEN-...ViewItemQQptZUS_Mens_Ties?hash=item27ae3cd0a1
I personally like gray with pink. Charcoal gray with a white shirt and pink pocket square would be nice. Here are a couple combos that would work if you do the gray or the navy suit:

I like that look right there---that has a retro look with the dark suit and dark tie along with the glasses. I have similar frames like that---they are rufus frames.

I see that Jos A. Bank have a sale----how are their suits as far as the fit and quality?----Im looking for a more European fit since i'm slim and have a small-to-medium frame (6'0'' 185 lbs). What would be some stores that have good quality suits---preferably more fitted (Euro fit)?

niidawg3....man have you ever checked out Foleen's (sp?) Basement?----how are they as far as suits and assessories?

For a European fit, you are looking for high arm-holes, natural shoulders, slim sleeves, waist suppression on the jacket, and tapered legs on your pants. I doubt you would find these at Jos A. Bank. Some may say Jos A Bank suits are quality, especially for their price, but i would disagree. At the low end, i would say check out H&M or Express. They will give you a more fashion forward suit - however their quality is questionable (fused vs canvassed). On the higher end, you cant go wrong with Polo's Purple or Black Label, Hickey Freeman, Oxxford, Kiton, Brioni etc ... but that would set you back at least a grand!!

Filene's basement is aight - you can score some deals there if you look hard. I have been in there maybe twice max, so its hard for me to gie a good assessment of their stuff.

If you want to get a good idea of a great fitting suit, check out Sid Mashburn on Howell Mills, Saks, Neimann and the Polo store in Lenox. Those will give you an idea of what you want. Then you start hunting for deals to find it ... and make a good tailor your best friend.
Best bang for your buck suits I know are Hickey Freeman & Joseph Abboud at Nordstrom Rack(their outlet), $400 & you got a qua-li-ty suit.
I got an all black H&M suit, modern fit was superb, but with all H&M tops their buttons start unraveling after 1-2 wears.
laugh.gif
can't knock it for $90

Originally Posted by infamousod

I'm looking for some pima cotton v-necks. fitted preferably. who's got em at a reasonable price?
Marshalls/TJ Maxx has Polo pima cotton vnecks for about $29-35

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

I'm looking for some pima cotton v-necks. fitted preferably. who's got em at a reasonable price?

Banana Republic pima's are very comfortable. However, they are $20 a piece I think. If you buy 3 or more you get a discount, though.

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Banana Republic pima's are very comfortable. However, they are $20 a piece I think. If you buy 3 or more you get a discount, though.
I'll cosign the BR pima cotton v-necks. I've had them for two months now and they're great. Haven't lost their shape, still assoft as when I first got them, and the fit is good.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I'll cosign the BR pima cotton v-necks. I've had them for two months now and they're great. Haven't lost their shape, still as soft as when I first got them, and the fit is good.
my cousin lives by them

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I'll cosign the BR pima cotton v-necks. I've had them for two months now and they're great. Haven't lost their shape, still as soft as when I first got them, and the fit is good.
my cousin lives by them
I will also cosign BR vnecks The fit is excellent and so are their tees
pimp.gif
! For the price they are going for now i'm trying to get ever color. However they are light weight matirial/ therefore it is a year roundsweater. If you want something heavier polo has a heavier blend but u will lose fit.

Don't mean to sound repetitive but I can cosign for the Banana Republic v necks too. The quality is great on them and they're super comfy. They'renot too thick but they don't feel cheap at all.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Isnt the Only Nordstorm Rack in the A the one out by Mall of GA?

Yeah its in Buford right across the street from the MOG----I went up there over a year ago. Loaded up on English Laundry, Joseph Abboud, and Seven Jeans. Ineed to go back up there and check out their suits though.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

anyone know a good red and white button up shirt they would suggest online? need another one been looking around...
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/.../POLO/Red&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Redhttp://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3757086&cp=1760781.2498319&fbn=GenericColor|Red&fbc=1&f=GenericColor%2FPOLO%2FRed&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Red
this one is decent, anyone else got anything cheaper then $59?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

todays outfit......RL half zip sweater, RL sport shirt, RL loafers...Levi's 514 jeans(black), Nautica watch

very nice fit!! particularly digging the loafers.

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

Originally Posted by Baller23217

2hhg7pd.jpg

NYE
Info on the kicks? They kinda look like the calfskin Vans chukka boots.

Sperry Bahama shiny black canvas
nice man, i was looking at those a couple minutes ago...pretty cheap too.

do you think you could take a few more pics of them with jeans...zoomed in on the shoes, i'd appreciate it man.

todays outfit......RL half zip sweater, RL sport shirt, RL loafers...Levi's 514 jeans(black), Nautica watch

very nice fit!! particularly digging the loafers.

thanks Nii....I definately feel like im doing something if Im getting compliments from you!

Got those loafers for $113.00, originally $365.00
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

that's a nice sweater
pimp.gif

thanks, it was a Christmas gift. They fit really small, I usually wear an XL in most things, but luckily I was given a XXL in this, fits perfect

I need to find a tailor in NYC to alter some of my regular fit clothes to a slim. Any recommendations? I don't suppose walking down countless city blockswould be my best option.

Back
Top Bottom