Dressing better

I'm about to turn 18 and I'm wanting a more mature look. I've been wearing cargo shorts, tees or hoodies, and Jordans or Vans for a while but Ithink it's time for a change. My current style is alright for just kicking it at the house or over a friends, but I want some clothes for more specialoccasions, for example going out to dinner, holidays, parties, etc. Any recommendations for tops, pants, and shoes; brands; and what a proper fit is? I want amore timeless wardrobe, with brands like RL and Nautica. I also work five days a week, so I do have money to invest into some quality clothing.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate input.

Was practically out the whole weekend and I just wanted to greet everyone a Happy New Year!!!

I like what I'm seeing, a lot of nice NYE fits, keep it up and hopefully the thread makes it through the 2010.

I suggest sizing down to an 8. I wear a 10 in sneakers in general and when I tried on the 9 it felt perfect

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I suggest sizing down to an 8. I wear a 10 in sneakers in general and when I tried on the 9 it felt perfect
thanks bro,
I'm gonna hit up a Clarks store tomorrow to try them on, just to be safe.

BR is having 40% off Wednesdays again starting this Wed. Go in and get coupons if interested.

Nordstrom is also having a good sale on denim. There are plain denim now from brands like R&R where no logos are on the rear pockets.

I need an alternative to the Levis khaki 511 trousers. Anyone have any suggestions? (besides actually getting the Levi's lol)

Originally Posted by RFX45

Gray Sneaks
The leather version of an old-school canvas sneaker like the Jack Purcell toes the line between casual and dressy. Go for a muted neutral color.
mg-10.jpg
Can anyone help me find a pair of grey leather Jack Purcell's in a 10 or a 9.5? I've only been able to find them on ebay so far but notin my size. I tried making them on the converse site but the piping doesn't come in grey. Or maybe you can help me find those Common Projects for$60?
grin.gif

Thanks.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I'm looking for some pima cotton v-necks. fitted preferably. who's got em at a reasonable price?

J. Crew and Express both just had some good sales on sweaters fam I was able to copp a couple for about 25-30 each

Originally Posted by carbine

I'm about to turn 18 and I'm wanting a more mature look. I've been wearing cargo shorts, tees or hoodies, and Jordans or Vans for a while but I think it's time for a change. My current style is alright for just kicking it at the house or over a friends, but I want some clothes for more special occasions, for example going out to dinner, holidays, parties, etc. Any recommendations for tops, pants, and shoes; brands; and what a proper fit is? I want a more timeless wardrobe, with brands like RL and Nautica. I also work five days a week, so I do have money to invest into some quality clothing.

Anyone? Please

You can go over this thread and read back, thats what I usually do.

I'm sure they'll help you out, I'm in the same boat as you still a noob.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

You can go over this thread and read back, thats what I usually do.

I'm sure they'll help you out, I'm in the same boat as you still a noob.
Looks like I've got some reading to do.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice.

I'm about to turn 18 and I'm wanting a more mature look. I've been wearing cargo shorts, tees or hoodies, and Jordans or Vans for a while but I think it's time for a change. My current style is alright for just kicking it at the house or over a friends, but I want some clothes for more special occasions, for example going out to dinner, holidays, parties, etc. Any recommendations for tops, pants, and shoes; brands; and what a proper fit is? I want a more timeless wardrobe, with brands like RL and Nautica. I also work five days a week, so I do have money to invest into some quality clothing.

Anyone? Please

start with staples ... and invest in quality pieces that will last a long time. then with time add the other components. by default allitems should fit perfectly, so search hi and low till you find the right fitting items, or work with a competent tailor to get the items altered. i wouldsuggest the following:

a pair of khaki flat front pants.
a pair of dark denim jeans
a pair of grey flannel/wool flat front pants
a couple white dress shirts (maybe one spread color, one button-down collar)
a couple blue dress shirts (maybe one solid blue, one striped blue)
a very good brown belt
a very good black belt
a pair of low profile sneakers (think jack purcell etc)
two very good LEATHER pair of dress shoes (one brown, one black - think Italian - lots of brands discussed here)
a very good navy blazer (will help dress things up when needed)

this would be a great start if they are all very well fitting. then from there you can start buying more pieces and colors to complement them. also, embracediversity - dont totally get rid of your jordans, nikes etc. you may choose to reduce the herd of athletic shoes, but always keep some you can rock once in awhile to spice your wardrobe up.

good luck.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Gray Sneaks
The leather version of an old-school canvas sneaker like the Jack Purcell toes the line between casual and dressy. Go for a muted neutral color.
mg-10.jpg
Can anyone help me find a pair of grey leather Jack Purcell's in a 10 or a 9.5? I've only been able to find them on ebay so far but not in my size. I tried making them on the converse site but the piping doesn't come in grey. Or maybe you can help me find those Common Projects for $60?
grin.gif

Thanks.
These aren't leather but they're just as nice.

Gray Sneaks
mg-10.jpg
Can anyone help me find a pair of grey leather Jack Purcell's in a 10 or a 9.5? I've only been able to find them on ebay so far but not in my size. I tried making them on the converse site but the piping doesn't come in grey. Or maybe you can help me find those Common Projects for $60?
grin.gif

Thanks.
I got those about a year ago at urban outfitters for $19

Any alternatives to the Wings + Horns x Dayton Service Boots (in black)? I saw someone post a pair of Bed Stu combat boots a few pages back that I wasconsidering but I'm not sure I like the hanging tongue.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Any alternatives to the Wings + Horns x Dayton Service Boots (in black)? I saw someone post a pair of Bed Stu combat boots a few pages back that I was considering but I'm not sure I like the hanging tongue.

Fiorentini + Baker 745s, $420 retail though:
745_nero_top.jpg
745_nero_7.jpg

Eesh, alternatives being something lower on the price chart
laugh.gif
. Thanks anyway though. So far the closest have been those Bed Stu's with the wrap aroundlaces. I might just have to go to an Urban Outfitter to see them in person...

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

RFX45 wrote:

Gray Sneaks

mg-10.jpg
Can anyone help me find a pair of grey leather Jack Purcell's in a 10 or a 9.5? I've only been able to find them on ebay so far but not
in my size. I tried making them on the converse site but the piping doesn't come in grey. Or maybe you can help me find those Common Projects for
$60?
grin.gif

Thanks.
These aren't leather but they're just as nice.

what kind of shoes are those?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Eesh, alternatives being something lower on the price chart
laugh.gif
. Thanks anyway though. So far the closest have been those Bed Stu's with the wrap around laces. I might just have to go to an Urban Outfitter to see them in person...

Considering the F+B cost about half of the W&H and can be had for much cheaper on sale (call up Barneys and see if their on sale), I thought it was apretty good alternative. I apologize for leaving the F+B maybe being on sale but every time Barneys has a sale, I have had the chance to purchase it for30%-40% off.

There have been reports of Bed Stu falling apart. I believe I read a thread on SF about it. I'll post if I find the thread.

NVM, the boots they were talking about were actually the H by Hudson boots, which is also sold at UO. I'd probably still stay away from Bed Stu though.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=101717 .

Back
Top Bottom