Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Eesh, alternatives being something lower on the price chart
laugh.gif
. Thanks anyway though. So far the closest have been those Bed Stu's with the wrap around laces. I might just have to go to an Urban Outfitter to see them in person...

Considering the F+B cost about half of the W&H and can be had for much cheaper on sale (call up Barneys and see if their on sale), I thought it was a pretty good alternative. I apologize for leaving the F+B maybe being on sale but every time Barneys has a sale, I have had the chance to purchase it for 30%-40% off.

There have been reports of Bed Stu falling apart. I believe I read a thread on SF about it. I'll post if I find the thread.
Well, the W+H service boots can be had for about $500 if you look around which is why I thought the F+B's weren't that much of a drop inprice
laugh.gif
. I heard about the Bed Stu quality issues. I'll probably make up my mind about them when I see them in person.

Getting W&H for $500 won't be easy, unless of course you are looking for a used pair then they are everywhere at the SF B/S.
For a new pair though, $500 will be difficult to find especially for a specific size. I think it'll be easier to find some PS Ricards on sale.

a pair of khaki flat front pants.
a pair of dark denim jeans
a pair of grey flannel/wool flat front pants
a couple white dress shirts (maybe one spread color, one button-down collar)
a couple blue dress shirts (maybe one solid blue, one striped blue)
a very good brown belt
a very good black belt
a pair of low profile sneakers (think jack purcell etc)
two very good LEATHER pair of dress shoes (one brown, one black - think Italian - lots of brands discussed here)
a very good navy blazer (will help dress things up when needed)
tired.gif
im slaccin.
smh.gif

i'm keepin this list for when i do cop some more cloths, Thanx Niidawg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by one11archerave

RFX45 wrote:

Gray Sneaks

The leather version of an old-school canvas sneaker like the Jack Purcell toes the line between casual and dressy. Go for a muted neutral color.

mg-10.jpg
Can anyone help me find a pair of grey leather Jack Purcell's in a 10 or a 9.5? I've only been able to find them on ebay so far but not
in my size. I tried making them on the converse site but the piping doesn't come in grey. Or maybe you can help me find those Common Projects for
$60?
grin.gif

Thanks.
These aren't leather but they're just as nice.
what kind of shoes are those?
Ralph Lauren

whenever I get those emails from Giltman.com to let me know about the current sales, most stuff is sold out. I know the sales usually start at noon, do theysell out that quickly? Also, I'm not too knowledgeable in this style of dress yet so I'm wondering, would most of you really recommend using that site,are the prices really that good or is it more worth looking around?

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

whenever I get those emails from Giltman.com to let me know about the current sales, most stuff is sold out. I know the sales usually start at noon, do they sell out that quickly? Also, I'm not too knowledgeable in this style of dress yet so I'm wondering, would most of you really recommend using that site, are the prices really that good or is it more worth looking around?

You basically have to jump on right at 12PM to have a chance at anything decent. The one time I was interested in one of their sales I just "campedout" and kept refreshing and had no problems getting the stuff. The prices are unbeatable IMO. It's usually 75% or so off retail, and you justcan't beat that unless you just get really lucky with a crazy clearance sale on one of the sites. The one thing that annoys me is that sometimes theirstuff won't ship for weeks.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

This is what I'm wearing tonight. Real simple, but I think it looks great. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics though. I'm sure will will take a gang of pics tonight so I will post some of those later.
how much did you pay for those shoes and where can i get some?
thanks

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

whenever I get those emails from Giltman.com to let me know about the current sales, most stuff is sold out. I know the sales usually start at noon, do they sell out that quickly? Also, I'm not too knowledgeable in this style of dress yet so I'm wondering, would most of you really recommend using that site, are the prices really that good or is it more worth looking around?

You basically have to jump on right at 12PM to have a chance at anything decent. The one time I was interested in one of their sales I just "camped out" and kept refreshing and had no problems getting the stuff. The prices are unbeatable IMO. It's usually 75% or so off retail, and you just can't beat that unless you just get really lucky with a crazy clearance sale on one of the sites. The one thing that annoys me is that sometimes their stuff won't ship for weeks.
Thanks for the info man. Only thing that worries me is that I'm so picky about how things fit, which why I usually don't order thingsonline. But I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to return something.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

^ i feel like you should be wearing a dark brown leather belt to match the shoes

I didn't have time to put my brown belt on as I woke up late today otherwise yes, I would've worn my brown leather belt. The H&M belt was alreadyon the jeans so I just put them on and left.

You basically have to jump on right at 12PM to have a chance at anything decent. The one time I was interested in one of their sales I just "camped out" and kept refreshing and had no problems getting the stuff. The prices are unbeatable IMO. It's usually 75% or so off retail, and you just can't beat that unless you just get really lucky with a crazy clearance sale on one of the sites. The one thing that annoys me is that sometimes their stuff won't ship for weeks.
Thanks for the info man. Only thing that worries me is that I'm so picky about how things fit, which why I usually don't order things online. But I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to return something.

I'm the same way about fit, which is why I love the fact that Gilt tells you what size the model is wearing + the model's measurements. It gives you a"ballpark" idea of how the item will fit.

Thanks for the info man. Only thing that worries me is that I'm so picky about how things fit, which why I usually don't order things online. But I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to return something.

I'm the same way about fit, which is why I love the fact that Gilt tells you what size the model is wearing + the model's measurements. It gives you a "ballpark" idea of how the item will fit.
nice, I didn't even notice that. Again, thanks man. After textbooks destroy my wallet this semester, hopefully this site will be of great useto me.

Those worn DBs look great. Put some neutral, dull polish on those and it might look even better.

As for Gilt, just keep in mind that when you return something you only get credit though so either way consider the money you use spent after you order.
With that said, Gilt is great. Prices are incredible and just make sure you get there right at noon eastern time.
Most people just put everything on their cart though and they have 10 minutes before it becomes available to everyone again so if the item is in cart, do notgive up right away.
Wait a few minutes and try and keep adding the item and you might be able to get it eventually.

Rag & Bone and RL Black Label later this week, I'm hoping I see some stuff that I like.

Those worn DBs look great. Put some neutral, dull polish on those and it might look even better.

As for Gilt, just keep in mind that when you return something you only get credit though so either way consider the money you use spent after you order.
With that said, Gilt is great. Prices are incredible and just make sure you get there right at noon eastern time.
Most people just put everything on their cart though and they have 10 minutes before it becomes available to everyone again so if the item is in cart, do not give up right away.
Wait a few minutes and try and keep adding the item and you might be able to get it eventually.

Rag & Bone and RL Black Label later this week, I'm hoping I see some stuff that I like.
Thanks for your insight man. I appreciate it. Like i said earlier, i hoping this site helps me out a lot in the future, as now, financesaren't allowing that
eyes.gif

Most people just put everything on their cart though and they have 10 minutes before it becomes available to everyone again so if the item is in cart, do not give up right away.

Same exact thing happened to me earlier. I tried to get a pair of Sperry loafers and at first it said the item was in someone else's cart, but I keptrefreshing and trying again till eventually they became available. Sites like Gilt and Rue La La are great, but it's hard for me to get on them in timesince I work construction and don't have access to a comp during the day like I used to. I actually made my first purchase on Rue La La using my cell lastweek during my lunch break
laugh.gif

If anyone is interested in an invite for Rue La La pm me with your email address. It usually has more boutiques for women, but I've gotten some great dealson there. I'm not on here all the time so it might take a little for me to respond.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Same exact thing happened to me earlier. I tried to get a pair of Sperry loafers and at first it said the item was in someone else's cart, but I kept refreshing and trying again till eventually they became available. Sites like Gilt and Rue La La are great, but it's hard for me to get on them in time since I work construction and don't have access to a comp during the day like I used to. I actually made my first purchase on Rue La La using my cell last week during my lunch break
laugh.gif

If anyone is interested in an invite for Rue La La pm me with your email address. It usually has more boutiques for women, but I've gotten some great deals on there. I'm not on here all the time so it might take a little for me to respond.

Gilt has an iPhone app now so if you have an iphone, it might make it easier.

And those blue BR loafers looks pretty damn good. How much? If it is on sale already, I might pick up that 40% off coupon and buy those.

Back
Top Bottom