Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Am I the only person in this thread that feels like he HAS to roll up his sleeves?
I roll up the sleeves on my dress shirts all the time. The only time I roll them down is when I'm putting a cardigan, sweater, blazer, or something else over it.

That's exactly what I do. I think it looks so much better

Am I the only person in this thread that feels like he HAS to roll up his sleeves?
I absolutely HAVE to as well. I hate wearing long sleeve shirts. Plus, it makes it feel a bit more casual, and I don't like feeling likeI'm too dressed up.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

I absolutely HAVE to as well. I hate wearing long sleeve shirts. Plus, it makes it feel a bit more casual, and I don't like feeling like I'm too dressed up.

same here

I can't do the turtleneck with a suit, I don't knock it, but it's too European for me.
carcoli.jpg

It worked well with all black everything in a magazine ad i saw.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

I absolutely HAVE to as well. I hate wearing long sleeve shirts. Plus, it makes it feel a bit more casual, and I don't like feeling like I'm too dressed up.
Me too. I love how it looks and I'm more comfortable.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Question, how do yall think a turtleneck sweater would look under a suit? it's too cold for just a shirt and tie but not cold enough for an overcoat and I have to wear a suit. don't have to wear a shirt and tie though

I'd definitely go with a safer route of a sweater, plus I think the turtle neck gives a more casual look.
mono2e.jpg

def gonna go wit this one. thanks

Originally Posted by TheKid973

Just picked this up on Ebay.

American Eagle Trench Coat.

2mecwuc.jpg

great find. I am trying to find this exact one in a M or L, I've called around to all the local stores in my area (the Bay area) over the past week andthey're all out of stock. If anyone knows where some are still available in stores I'd be willing to compensate you. PM me.

I usually roll up the sleeves on my shirts too unless I do not plan on washing it much or planning to wear it again.

I rolled up the sleeves higher than usual last night, an ode to JKissi.

Sunday night...

Monday night...

jv_win10.jpg

jv_win11.jpg

I was just charged $38 to tailor 4 items.

Shorten length on 2 pants
Shorten sleeves on 2 shirts.

Is this average or did i get jobbed?

That's not bad. Average for hemming pants in my area is $7-$10.
And the sleeves on shirts are usually harder and could cost $10-$15 each so I think you did well averaging about $9.50 per work/item.

Originally Posted by wj4

I roll up the sleeves on my dress shirts all the time. The only time I roll them down is when I'm putting a cardigan, sweater, blazer, or something else over it.
This. I also wear my shirts with the cuffs unbuttoned ala David Boreanaz as Seeley Booth

special-agent-seeley-booth.png

0000042882_20070913161028.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

I usually roll up the sleeves on my shirts too unless I do not plan on washing it much or planning to wear it again.

I rolled up the sleeves higher than usual last night, an ode to JKissi.

Sunday night...

Monday night...
i really like those shoes there
pimp.gif

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on some embroidered dress shirts from Landsend. I'm a little worried about the quality though
grin.gif
Has anyone used them before?

Am I the only one who wears their boot laces loose?

It just looks too done up if everything is looking right. I like the messy boot look, and its not like it clashes if what your wearing is looking right either.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on some embroidered dress shirts from Landsend. I'm a little worried about the quality though
grin.gif
Has anyone used them before?

horrible quality . my old job ordered our shirts from there

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

It just looks too done up if everything is looking right. I like the messy boot look, and its not like it clashes if what your wearing is looking right either.
it can work imo...i tried it with a pair of doc martens a few years ago, but the problem is they were so damn heavy that it really wasn'tpossible
laugh.gif

i think in most cases, it's better if they are tied...at least somewhat tight.

It depends on the boots, but usually I do. My Polo Ranger and combat boot laces are loose as hell. My Red Wings are a bit tighter, although notby much.

It really depends to me. I like the cleaner look most of the time.
At times though, when I feel lazy I just slip on my boots and leave it as is but it isn't possible in some heavy boots like the Indy.
The boots would come off every step if I didn't tie them remotely tight especially since the the Indys also has those speed laces.

Back
Top Bottom