Dressing better

I saw those at Niketown yesterday, it is nice except that pink line killed it (in a bad way) and the midsole is very thick.
If they make that shoe with a blue or black line instead of pink and with a low profile mid-sole, it would be a very nice versatile casual shoe.

Originally Posted by SoCalBoy23

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

This is what I'm wearing tonight. Real simple, but I think it looks great. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics though. I'm sure will will take a gang of pics tonight so I will post some of those later.
how much did you pay for those shoes and where can i get some?
thanks

got them from Banana. I paid 60 for them but they are 160 retail. Basically they where on sale for 90, and then there was an additional 30% off sale items. Ijust got lucky, basically. Its a generic style of boot so you should be able to get something like it at any place that sells decent dress shoes

a fit from a recent event
11146_731643807863_8227112_41900116_1255737_n.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by carbine

I'm about to turn 18 and I'm wanting a more mature look. I've been wearing cargo shorts, tees or hoodies, and Jordans or Vans for a while but I think it's time for a change. My current style is alright for just kicking it at the house or over a friends, but I want some clothes for more special occasions, for example going out to dinner, holidays, parties, etc. Any recommendations for tops, pants, and shoes; brands; and what a proper fit is? I want a more timeless wardrobe, with brands like RL and Nautica. I also work five days a week, so I do have money to invest into some quality clothing.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate input.
Anyone? Please

start with staples ... and invest in quality pieces that will last a long time. then with time add the other components. by default all items should fit perfectly, so search hi and low till you find the right fitting items, or work with a competent tailor to get the items altered. i would suggest the following:

a pair of khaki flat front pants.
a pair of dark denim jeans
a pair of grey flannel/wool flat front pants
a couple white dress shirts (maybe one spread color, one button-down collar)
a couple blue dress shirts (maybe one solid blue, one striped blue)
a very good brown belt
a very good black belt
a pair of low profile sneakers (think jack purcell etc)
two very good LEATHER pair of dress shoes (one brown, one black - think Italian - lots of brands discussed here)
a very good navy blazer (will help dress things up when needed)

this would be a great start if they are all very well fitting. then from there you can start buying more pieces and colors to complement them. also, embrace diversity - dont totally get rid of your jordans, nikes etc. you may choose to reduce the herd of athletic shoes, but always keep some you can rock once in a while to spice your wardrobe up.

good luck.
Hey, thanks a lot. What about khaki pleated pants? And is there a difference between khakis and chinos?
Also can you link me to any sites or pictures which shows a correct fit? I'd appreciate that.
If I wanted to wear a button up dress shirt and chinos, keeping it pretty casual. No tie. Would dress shoes be approprite or overdone? And what would be a goodjacket to throw over that fit, I'm thinking Members Only or a similar classic style.
Yeah, I really don't plan on letting any of my sneakers go at this point, and I'm sure a lot of my more casual clothing, hoodies, shorts, etc.Aren't exactly the correct fit, but I'm not too worried about that since I wear them mainly for comfort and I like those types of clothing to fit alittle bigger than smaller. Overall great advice, thanks for taking the time to post that.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

I'm about to turn 18 and I'm wanting a more mature look. I've been wearing cargo shorts, tees or hoodies, and Jordans or Vans for a while but I think it's time for a change. My current style is alright for just kicking it at the house or over a friends, but I want some clothes for more special occasions, for example going out to dinner, holidays, parties, etc. Any recommendations for tops, pants, and shoes; brands; and what a proper fit is? I want a more timeless wardrobe, with brands like RL and Nautica. I also work five days a week, so I do have money to invest into some quality clothing.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate input.
Anyone? Please

start with staples ... and invest in quality pieces that will last a long time. then with time add the other components. by default all items should fit perfectly, so search hi and low till you find the right fitting items, or work with a competent tailor to get the items altered. i would suggest the following:

a pair of khaki flat front pants.
a pair of dark denim jeans
a pair of grey flannel/wool flat front pants
a couple white dress shirts (maybe one spread color, one button-down collar)
a couple blue dress shirts (maybe one solid blue, one striped blue)
a very good brown belt
a very good black belt
a pair of low profile sneakers (think jack purcell etc)
two very good LEATHER pair of dress shoes (one brown, one black - think Italian - lots of brands discussed here)
a very good navy blazer (will help dress things up when needed)

this would be a great start if they are all very well fitting. then from there you can start buying more pieces and colors to complement them. also, embrace diversity - dont totally get rid of your jordans, nikes etc. you may choose to reduce the herd of athletic shoes, but always keep some you can rock once in a while to spice your wardrobe up.

good luck.
Hey, thanks a lot. What about khaki pleated pants? And is there a difference between khakis and chinos?
Also can you link me to any sites or pictures which shows a correct fit? I'd appreciate that.
If I wanted to wear a button up dress shirt and chinos, keeping it pretty casual. No tie. Would dress shoes be approprite or overdone? And what would be a good jacket to throw over that fit, I'm thinking Members Only or a similar classic style.
Yeah, I really don't plan on letting any of my sneakers go at this point, and I'm sure a lot of my more casual clothing, hoodies, shorts, etc. Aren't exactly the correct fit, but I'm not too worried about that since I wear them mainly for comfort and I like those types of clothing to fit a little bigger than smaller. Overall great advice, thanks for taking the time to post that.

pleated pants look better on slimmer people than heavy set. by default though - pleated pants are not as fashionable as flat front pants right now.

in terms of fit - just search this thread or go to GQ and look at their foto shoots. i think over a 100 pictures of good fitting clothes have been put in thisthread alone - and you will find more than a million on the web. A part of dressing better is making the effort to find the information that will help youdress better.

what you guys think of these? i like em, but for $138 (scratch the 138, i found em for 93)...what you guysthink of em?

shoes_iaec1188193.jpg

Link

What colour desert boots would be the most versitile? Found a local spot that has a good selection. I'm leaning towards the bees wax...thoughts?

Picked them up last night too busy playing MW2 to post. Just had to do it been searching for blue loafers for some time now. Shout out to my Chi-Town connectfor putting me on
smokin.gif

The fits with these loafers are endless...now I gotta get some new tapered denim to set them off proper.

I was very suprised at how sturdy these are...but i know if i get them wet it will be a problem....time will tell.

hadegbite, were you able to use the 40% off coupon?
How much did it end up being if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by hadegbite

I was very suprised at how sturdy these are...but i know if i get them wet it will be a problem....time will tell.
I just meant when you walk, your toe is going to hit the ground....

Do some BR's have shoes and some not? Ive never shopped there but I walked into the one near my house last weekend because of this thread just to lookaround and they had no footwear at all.

I imagine some BRs doesn't sell shoes but almost all I the BRs I've been to sold shoes, however, I have seen shoes that are sold in one store but notin the other or sold in the website but not sold in-store.

@Rfx - i spent like $75 bucks plus tax...i havent got a coupon but i wanted to grab these before my size sold out. Reg price is like $99. If anyone does knowabout a coupon let me know.

@manamazing55 these are gonna be my posing shoes not to much walking involved ie...birthday dinners, causual fridays etc...these will never see a niteclub...lol your right my toes will be obliterated!

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by hadegbite

I just meant when you walk, your toe is going to hit the ground....

Do some BR's have shoes and some not? Ive never shopped there but I walked into the one near my house last weekend because of this thread just to look around and they had no footwear at all.

At least half of the BRs I've been to DON'T sell shoes. Best thing to do is order online. But sometimes they have crazy sales on shoes in stores.Copped a pair of Beeswax desert boots from there for 23 dollars last year.
pimp.gif

What are some good brands/styles for sunglasses? Not looking to drop a ton of money on a pair, but i just got a $100 gift card to sunglasses hut plus i got a$20 coupon that expires at the end of the month

Originally Posted by jigsta05

What are some good brands/styles for sunglasses? Not looking to drop a ton of money on a pair, but i just got a $100 gift card to sunglasses hut plus i got a $20 coupon that expires at the end of the month
your best bet is to go in the store and try on pairs...it's hard to buy sunglasses online imo cuz it's hard to tell how they're gonnalook.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by jigsta05

What are some good brands/styles for sunglasses? Not looking to drop a ton of money on a pair, but i just got a $100 gift card to sunglasses hut plus i got a
$20 coupon that expires at the end of the month
your best bet is to go in the store and try on pairs...it's hard to buy sunglasses online imo cuz it's hard to tell how they're gonna look.

Rayban's run around $100 give or take. You can never go wrong with them and there is a pretty wide selection at sunglass hut.

Just saw Sperry's 75th anniversary line that is to drop in the Spring. With this said, I can't wait for the miserable Northeast winter to end.

sperry-top-sider-75th-anniversary-4.jpg

sperry-top-sider-75th-anniversary-7.jpg

More Here

^^^ i saw a pair VERY similar to those, not the same obviously cuz those haven't dropped yet, but they were brand new $24! half size too small though
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom