Dressing better

Hey can any of you experts recommend me a nice book bag. I'm open to ideas...I was looking for a canvas bag or just something nice and fashionable. I;m tired of my North Face backpack

Sperry for FW 2010
sperry-fw2010-footwear-front.jpg
sperry-fw2010-footwear-7-540x441.jpg

sperry-fw2010-footwear-3-540x387.jpg
sperry-fw2010-footwear-5-540x443.jpg

Stussy x DoC Martens SS 2010

stussy-deluxe-dr-martens-ss2010-front.jpg

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

someone help me find a shirt just like that isnt $60??
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~12445/12445.jsp
erez

thx alot in advance..
If you're in NY Uniqlo has/had one just like that for $30 and the quality was very nice.
No i live about 15 mins outside of ATL.. i wish we had a Uniqlo down here in GA
i have one from H&M that cost me like $15. but it was from 2 seasons ago.

my friends call me 'picnic cloth' though everytime i wear it. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I am liking these new Pointers, I think it is the color combo that makes this one attractive, especially the first one.
pointer-2010-spring-summer-taylor-1.jpg
pointer-2010-spring-summer-taylor-4.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

What's your price point?
Like around $200..don't know if I can even get a good bag for that price..I've seen some nice bags for non-high end brands go for upwards of $600 right now

Im glad those grey sperrys are coming back out. I was too late on them last year, ended up getting the blue.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

What's your price point?
Like around $200..don't know if I can even get a good bag for that price..I've seen some nice bags for non-high end brands go for upwards of $600 right now

For book bag, I am assuming you mean messenger bag so I'd go with that. 
For $200, Jack Spade is your friend. I had a very nice canvas messenger back from Jack Spade and that thing is durable and great.

I got it for around $110-$125 iirc.

_5222858.jpg

For a little bit more, you can get an Ernest Alexander bag. Price has increased since a year ago but they make beautiful bags.

http://www.ernestalexander.com/shop/categories/Messenger-Bags/

3749649185_9ae4ffd064_b.jpg

Filson is also a good option. 

Originally Posted by Numberr97

nil thank you for the advice. actually that first look is exactly what I was going for. Where would I go about buying a nice blazer but not too expensive. Say 250 at most? Can someone recommend a nice blazer

If you don't mind cordoruy, JCrew has a nice blue one for $98 (retail $148). Their Ludlow fit is their trimmer fit.
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Men...vests/Ludlowsportcoats/PRDOVR~20782/20782.jsp

erez

For $50 more, you could get the Legacy blazer, also in Ludlow fit for $295.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Men...vests/Ludlowsportcoats/PRDOVR~21509/21509.jsp

erez
2nd blazer is real sharp!

What's your price point?

For book bag, I am assuming you mean messenger bag so I'd go with that. 
For $200, Jack Spade is your friend. I had a very nice canvas messenger back from Jack Spade and that thing is durable and great.

I got it for around $110-$125 iirc.

For a little bit more, you can get an Ernest Alexander bag. Price has increased since a year ago but they make beautiful bags.

http://www.ernestalexander.com/shop/categories/Messenger-Bags/

Filson is also a good option. 
I was actually looking for back packs but I think messenger bags may have that more professional look. I'm finally going to be taking nursing classes this semester(lpn).  How do you like this bag...I like the way it looks

pFILSON1-6003328dt.jpg

moz-screenshot-4.png

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:

Tried the boot-tuck on Tuesday:

Back to normal on Wednesday:

Wednesdays shoe detail:

ps_cor10.jpg

ps_cor11.jpg

What's your price point?

200 for a messenger bag? you could/should get 2-4 messenger bags for that price.

Nii, what is the blazer you posted last and what material was it made of?

Versace - 100% wool ... but its so damn light so works well all year round. my go to jacket.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

question: do you guys really pay more than $50 for a tie? i understand really liking a pattern/color, but why when you can find there's such a huge selection of them at TJ maxx/Marshalls for <$15
personally i wouldn't but there is a HUGE difference in terms of quality, construction and most notably, the material between a $12.99 CK tie at TJ Maxx vs. a Zegna tie for instance.  Heck, even my Michael Kors ties are really nice.  I usually wait until Off Saks 5th marks them down crazy and robocop them for $10-20.
ChewToy112 wrote: Noob question: If I'm looking to get a standard pair of gray slacks to build the wardrobe, are they supposed to have a crease, particularly if I want my look to be more casual? Is there a difference between "slacks" with or without a crease, or does that difference not even exist?

when i think of slacks i'm usually thinking more cotton based slacks.  you can buy creased slacks (usually pleated) but i think they look ridiculous if you're not working in the Financial realm.  grey is a versatile color so you're on the right track.  i would buy a pair of grey dress slacks simply because you can dress them up with a shirt and tie or dress them down with a polo/v-neck and some canvas sneaks in the Spring/Summer.  kill 2 birds with one stone.  you can buy flat front dress slacks with or w/o the crease or with pleats (if you want).  most will come creases b/c they are indeed, dress slacks.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Versace - 100% wool ... but its so damn light so works well all year round. my go to jacket.

Very nice. It doesn't look like the typical wool though, it looks thicker and without the slight sheen most wool has. 
It looks almost cotton like, is it unlined?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Very nice. It doesn't look like the typical wool though, it looks thicker and without the slight sheen most wool has. 
It looks almost cotton like, is it unlined?

Yeah - unlined, and almost 0 padding. You are talking about the navy jacket i wore today right?  

Back
Top Bottom