Dressing better

I can't speak for RFX, but I can't stand sagging my pants now, even just a little bit.  Go figure that I used to wear them down to my damn knees back in HS. 
laugh.gif

This is why it's hard to buy pants for me as well, I'm picky on how it sits overall, from the thighs to the seat of the pants.

Went to the local H&M to check out the straw hats...apparently it's a hot seller.  They only had one left, in a size that fits me so I picked it up.  Hoping that since it's straw, it doesn't retain heat when I wear it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
artysm wrote:

ChewToy112 wrote: Noob question: If I'm looking to get a standard pair of gray slacks to build the wardrobe, are they supposed to have a crease, particularly if I want my look to be more casual? Is there a difference between "slacks" with or without a crease, or does that difference not even exist?

when i think of slacks i'm usually thinking more cotton based slacks.  you can buy creased slacks (usually pleated) but i think they look ridiculous if you're not working in the Financial realm.  grey is a versatile color so you're on the right track.  i would buy a pair of grey dress slacks simply because you can dress them up with a shirt and tie or dress them down with a polo/v-neck and some canvas sneaks in the Spring/Summer.  kill 2 birds with one stone.  you can buy flat front dress slacks with or w/o the crease or with pleats (if you want).  most will come creases b/c they are indeed, dress slacks.

Awesome, thanks for the info.  I definitely want non-pleated, I just didn't know if they "came without the crease".  Like you said, I'm looking for something kind of versitile that I could dress up with a shirt/tie, or dress down with sneakers like Gray coloured Vans or something, like the one in these pics:
0911-jacket-gap-300x300.jpg
0911-jacket-express-300x300.jpg

Would that be creased or uncreased?  And would you suggest a lighter gray, or darker?  Any sugggestions of specific brands?  It seems hard to find dress slacks that don't balloon out at the hips and sag at the butt. 

BTW, I bought that Gap denim jacket, 40% off.  It's an awesome jacket.  Totally bit the style from Men's Health http://www.menshealth.com/style/jeans/Denim-Jackets.php

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Back to normal on Wednesday:

Do you wear a tie during the day? I wear a tie every damn day for work and can't bring myself to wear one when I'm just being casual.

I'd say half and half. It's just what you are comfortable, accustomed to. Kind of like when you don't put your wallet in your back pocket, it feels like something is missing. It's a personal preference really.

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?

I am open to criticism. Elaborate on what is wrong. On my defense, I did say it was sloppy. 
happy.gif

Sometimes bro, I think you need to be sloppier (nh
laugh.gif
).

Sag the pants a little lower than your waist, depending on the shoes undo the laces a bit, etc. You look uncomfortable or mannequin-esque at times.

Overall you can put a great outfit together though.

I'll take that as a compliment.
laugh.gif

That is the sloppiest I could get though, I can't sag my pants at all, it just doesn't feel right.
I do go with the unlaced look too, I tried it with the tucked jeans in boots look.
As for the pose, that is just the best I could do. I tried to have fun with it but I just looked goofy.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I guess a brown tie would have looked better with the shirt and pants, I'll keep it in mind next time.

Tonight...
ps_cag12.jpg

ps_cag11.jpg

Chewtoy - you may want to look into brands like Paul Smith for pants or another European one.  If pricing is a concern, you may wanna try something like Zara or H&M. 

My pick ups for summer so far.  I just need a couple pairs of boat shoes and a pair of sandals and I think I will be set.
28m3ceh.jpg

Originally Posted by domc03

i just can't get down with the fedora movement..
That's why I got the $8 set up from H&M to see how much I would like it. 
laugh.gif
  It's just testing the water right now.

Originally Posted by domc03

i just can't get down with the fedora movement..
it was going back mainstream about a summer ago (was it) but eventually died down. now it's coming back again. I'm not a hat guy but they do look good on certain people.

*waits for that tool to say "It's classic, what are you talking about?

I'll take that as a compliment.
laugh.gif

That is the sloppiest I could get though, I can't sag my pants at all, it just doesn't feel right.
I do go with the unlaced look too, I tried it with the tucked jeans in boots look.
As for the pose, that is just the best I could do. I tried to have fun with it but I just looked goofy.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I guess a brown tie would have looked better with the shirt and pants, I'll keep it in mind next time.

Tonight...
ps_cag12.jpg

ps_cag11.jpg

Now this is nice.
pimp.gif

When I mean sag I dont mean really low with your crack showing.
laugh.gif
Just a bit low on the waist is all. Great outfit here though, what kind of tie?

Ties is by Alfani from Macys.

WJ4, nice shades. I wish I could wear aviators like those but my irregular giant head won't allow it.
And I see you got the Jason Mraz hat. I would love to get into fedoras too but again, giant head.

Originally Posted by wj4

Chewtoy - you may want to look into brands like Paul Smith for pants or another European one.  If pricing is a concern, you may wanna try something like Zara or H&M. 

My pick ups for summer so far.  I just need a couple pairs of boat shoes and a pair of sandals and I think I will be set.
28m3ceh.jpg
wj4 what ray bans are the top ones (model number)??.... i been looking for some nice, simple all black aviators.

Smed - RB4125, $130 by the way.

RFX -
laugh.gif
that reminds me of my mom. She tries out so many different pairs of shades at all the stores because she can't find one that fits her face properly. I thought about getting some LV shades, but I fear of dropping or losing them.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?
I was sort of surprised by this too. The outfit without a tie would be 
pimp.gif
 and with a better matching tie would be 
eek.gif
. This is of course just opinion but usually I love your fits, this time I think the tie kills it. If the tie was the same pattern but black and grey, it'd be sick. 
Agree, the outfit is definitely nice its just the tie

Ties is by Alfani from Macys.

WJ4, nice shades. I wish I could wear aviators like those but my irregular giant head won't allow it.
And I see you got the Jason Mraz hat. I would love to get into fedoras too but again, giant head.

We dont believe you, prove it!

And that model posted above, the dude is disgustingly skinny...its annoying because i think im skinny at 6', 187....but all that weight is in my legs
embarassed.gif
(not to sound like a female, but true), guess thats why im not a model. Dude who said hes a bigger guy at 6' 195, i didnt think that was "bigger" really. but i digress.

Peep how Reggie wears this suit...the fit is excellent. Not a fan of the lapels, hes a shorter guy too, or more avg height.

Was emailed to me from my, uh "stylist"
nerd.gif
, (female friend who helps me pick and choose stuff sometimes). She said:

"right, the lapels look like he's about to go to a disco..
but the fit. wonderful.
i hate when athletes look like athletes in suits."

So true. Thats my homegirl
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Smed - RB4125, $130 by the way.

RFX -
laugh.gif
that reminds me of my mom. She tries out so many different pairs of shades at all the stores because she can't find one that fits her face properly. I thought about getting some LV shades, but I fear of dropping or losing them.
I'm assuming the first and third pair are the same model correct?

Thanks.

Do Ray Bans ever go on sale?
Those are some nice shades up there and on the site but damn at the prices.
sick.gif

Excellent thread, i think though it should have separate sections for formal/informal, and the different seasons.

Back
Top Bottom