Dressing better

Half of those PS wingtips I posted have rubber soles.

s8xd-b163-cub-tm-detaila-19215.jpg
s9xd-b401-gla-n3-detailb-22558.jpg

any1 know any good tailors in or around the los angeles area?? i lost about 10 and need a lot of my wardrobe tailored. thanks

Originally Posted by IchewU

any1 know any good tailors in or around the los angeles area?? i lost about 10 and need a lot of my wardrobe tailored. thanks
Also you gotta see if it's worth it. My tailor charges around $15 to alter the width of a shirt to make it slimmer. On a nice dress shirt,definitely worth it. But on a $20 t shirt, probably not.

I'd test the water out by taking a shirt in that you can live without to see how the quality of the tailor is first.

i'm just now taking heed to the advice given in this thread. i've known it for a while, but have just recently decided to take a step in the rightdirection.

wait til i get my tie game up... i'm gon' be straight #!##$$% on EVERYBODY....

i'm just now taking heed to the advice given in this thread. i've known it for a while, but have just recently decided to take a step in the rightdirection.

wait til i get my tie game up... i'm gon' be straight @+!*@%% on EVERYBODY....

Sweatpants in public
Muytjens: No. They're made to work out in.
Lyons: For men, I totally agree. Girls can pretty much do anything they want if it's done right. A pair of gray sweatpants by Phillip Lim with a little cuff at the bottom and paired with little heels, an oversize men's blazer and a little sequin top, then yeah, totally there. But sweatpants tucked into Uggs? No.
Yeah right.

Sweatpants ftw.

Sweatpants in public ftw x2.

Pic is hard to see but sweatpants x sport shirt x shawl cardigan/sweater = no go for me.
I guess it is all about being comfortable but it just seems way off.

Sweatpants has it's place but it's just not with a sport shirt and cardigan/sweater.

i have a black pair of wingtips but seems like i can only pull them off with a suit.

is there any way u can pull em off causually?
nerd.gif

A black pair of wingtips is harder to pull off but I have a brown pair (both shoe and boot) and I can pull it off with jeans perfectly fine.
This isn't my pics but the wingtips looks good with jeans. Some would even classify wingtips as a very casual style of shoe.

I have these exact same wingtip boots and it works well with jeans.

^thanx RFX, i should give it a try, but idk what kinda shirt imma pull it off with, but i see that denim looks nice with the blacks.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Anybody wants to enter Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man 2009?
http://www.esquirebdrm.com/users/register

They have an awesome prize package, including an IWC Portuguese:
http://www.esquirebdrm.com/prizes

I am considering on entering, but will most likely lose anyways.
Anyone else interested? Worth a shot, no?
laugh.gif
you have seen the WDYWT haven't you?
I'm pretty sure NT was the exact OPPOSITE look they are going for.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by RFX45

Anybody wants to enter Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man 2009?
http://www.esquirebdrm.com/users/register

They have an awesome prize package, including an IWC Portuguese:
http://www.esquirebdrm.com/prizes

I am considering on entering, but will most likely lose anyways.
Anyone else interested? Worth a shot, no?
laugh.gif
you have seen the WDYWT haven't you?
I'm pretty sure NT was the exact OPPOSITE look they are going for.

laugh.gif
Yes, I have seen it, that is why I posted in this thread, in hopes that I get the people here to participate instead.

Tetsujin, as long as the jeans fit well, tapered bottom and all, then your good to go.
Try it with a nice, well fitting blue sport shirt or a fitted tee. Almost anything real casual will work I think.
Just no jersey's or grey hoody's with fitteds and your good to go with wingtips.
Having anything baggy with the shoe may not look too well, so that's the only thing I would say to stay away from.

thanks. i'll try that out. i haven't worn baggy jeans since 03'(end of hi skool) so i'm good wit jeans
laugh.gif

For anyone thinking about buying Claes, like donjuan said go a half size up from your Nike sizing.

Bought a pair of Walnut Mcqueens in my original size, and ended up with blisters after wearing them for 2 hours casually. I really want to keep em' too
smh.gif
If anyone needs a pair in a size 10 for cheap, let me know.

Lanvin Fall 2009 Collection
Some really interesting pieces to say the least:

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-081.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-061.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-071.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-092.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-101.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-111.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-121.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-131.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-141.jpg

lanvin-autumn-2009-accessories-151.jpg