Dressing better

This may seem like a silly question but can a tailor take a "traditional" fitting suit and make it more slim and modern easily? I have two suits from a couple years back before my style shifted to much more fitted clothing and I wanted to know how difficult this is and what the cost might be. My other option is to just sell those suits and start from scratch with some more modern fitting ones. Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

This may seem like a silly question but can a tailor take a "traditional" fitting suit and make it more slim and modern easily? I have two suits from a couple years back before my style shifted to much more fitted clothing and I wanted to know how difficult this is and what the cost might be. My other option is to just sell those suits and start from scratch with some more modern fitting ones. Thank you in advance.

it depends on what you need done. alteration costs can increase pretty quickly, and it may never end up looking to your taste(s). i'd go into a reliable tailor, see how much it will cost and the shop around and see if you couldnt find a better fitting suit off the rack which doesnt require the surgery your current suits need.

been lurkin, nice fits nii, rfx, and ty of course.
never got to post this one but i liked it. winter.

took the watch off after i realized it didn't match.

yesterday

via drunk facebook tags the next day(today)
indifferent.gif
tongue.gif

27078_120982174584331_100000176478522_307908_5182373_n.jpg

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Bought my first suit
pimp.gif

iz42zc.jpg

I had to
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

nnl3li.png
Congrats. Every man should own a suit.
pimp.gif

You do need to get that tailored tho. The shoulders, among other things are definitely a little too big.

First off, awesome thread guys. I lurk here pretty often and have picked up plenty valuable tips and hints.
Now, I could use some more help. I graduate from college May 9th and I have NO clue how I should dress.
I've never gone to a college graduation so I don't know the typical style of dress. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
And keep up the nice outfits guys! Thanks

how is it that i'm first person to get negatively criticized in here? lol
different strokes for different folks i guess.
no beef tho!
and no, they're actually quite comfortable

You're definitely not the first fam..

But your first fit. im not really a fan of the shoes period, and the 2nd fit the wingtips just look a little "sloppy" with the shorts. My opinion, take it as just that. Thanks for posting tho.

Originally Posted by edwintheeskimo

no beef tho!

you obviously don't lurk enough if you think that you are the first to receive negative critisism

Originally Posted by 23soles

First off, awesome thread guys. I lurk here pretty often and have picked up plenty valuable tips and hints.
Now, I could use some more help. I graduate from college May 9th and I have NO clue how I should dress.
I've never gone to a college graduation so I don't know the typical style of dress. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Personally I like the second pair. I have some really similar and they're my favorite dress shoes.

But with shorts & untied?
grin.gif
I can't go...

Sidenote: Why is anyone still rocking square tip shoes? $%%!# ugly as hell imo... To each his own I guess...

Originally Posted by edwintheeskimo

no beef tho!
lol wutermelon?
Why so sensitive? If you're gonna post your fit you should already be ready to receive criticism. Just saying man.

Since you will be wearing your gown, anything decent will go. However, most people wear a suit to their graduation. A basic navy or charcoal suit, white, blue or pink shirt and a nice complementary tie would set you off right. Your shoes do show though, so make sure your shoes are top notch

Congrats.

^ Hey niidawg, I remember you posting or linking certain tie patters that compliments certain shirt patterns and vice versa. Do you think you can post that again, because I couldn't find it. I'm trying to build up my tie collection and would like to have a solid foundation when matching tie patterns with shirt pattens. Thanks.~

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Since you will be wearing your gown, anything decent will go. However, most people wear a suit to their graduation. A basic navy or charcoal suit, white, blue or pink shirt and a nice complementary tie would set you off right. Your shoes do show though, so make sure your shoes are top notch

Congrats.

from my experience in undergrad, most people just wore a white or blue shirt, with a complimentary tie and dress slacks to graduation...no jacket, since they were wearing their cap/gown. at lunch or dinner after graduation, some people chose to wear their jackets since they were no longer wearing their gown.

-waystinthyme

^ I agree with the no jacket statement. Graduation is usually hot in the summer and your going to be wearing your graduation gown, your definitely going to be hot. If you want and if the weather permits a light/breathable jacket to dinner.~

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Congrats.

from my experience in undergrad, most people just wore a white or blue shirt, with a complimentary tie and dress slacks to graduation...no jacket, since they were wearing their cap/gown. at lunch or dinner after graduation, some people chose to wear their jackets since they were no longer wearing their gown.

-waystinthyme

Thanks a lot guys, I was wondering if I should wear a suit or would that be too much... Sounds like I should huh?
How are Thomas Pink shirts? What about Charles Thyrwitt? Any suggestions for good shirts and shoes?

anyone own both h&m sliq jeans and levis 514 ? just wondering how they compare ? are h&m's slimmer with a smaller leg opening ?  just interested in knowing cause persia fly posted 514's in the pic but his leg opening seems to be a lot bigger than sliqs unless its just the pics.

Back
Top Bottom