Dressing better

Originally Posted by shogun

I'm not really feeling the low boat shoes style, I hope companies release some mid boat shoes in canvas.

they already did, I saw a few pair on sale at Macys a week or two ago

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Do boat shoes look good on a larger foot? I wear a size 13; I'm not sure if they'd look as good on me as people with smaller feet.

try them on for yourself and see if you would be comfortable with thaat size...besides someone with that size has posted photos

^ man, it's so weird. you look just like my stepdad, everytime i see a pic i gotta check your screenname.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

^ man, it's so weird. you look just like my stepdad, everytime i see a pic i gotta check your screenname.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And you step-dad is on NT too?

nii since your outfits are always pinpoint perfect, I have to ask, is the linen jacket long because linen jackets are supposed to be long, or what? Your jackets are usually a noticeably shorter.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

nii since your outfits are always pinpoint perfect, I have to ask, is the linen jacket long because linen jackets are supposed to be long, or what? Your jackets are usually a noticeably shorter.

Amazing eye. This jacket is about an inch longer than my usual jackets. I decided to toy with that length to see how it would come out. And after taking the pictures today - i felt like it was a little too long. It will be going in to the tailor to shave about 3/4 to an inch off the length. This is one of the big values of taking pictures. I see/other people see things that typically will not be seen if you look in a mirror.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by quik1987

From GQ:

New-Wave Boat Shoes
Nothing wrong with traditional brown boat shoes, but with everyone from Sperry to Gucci doing creative new riffs, why not go for something more up to date than the ones JFK sported? Try a streamlined new silhouette or a splashy color instead.
-1.jpg

Just to compare:

GQs picture from a few pages back motivated me to take a pic of the boat shoes in rotation ... hoping to pick up a sky blue and/or yellow pair sometime later:

Timberlands, Sperrys, Ferragamos, ASOS and Aldos: 

I was looking at the ASOS boat shoes. How is the quality and how do they fit?

Generic Surplus shoes on gilt groupe today

unfortunately they didn't have any colors of the oxfords wingtips that i wanted

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Amazing eye. This jacket is about an inch longer than my usual jackets. I decided to toy with that length to see how it would come out. And after taking the pictures today - i felt like it was a little too long. It will be going in to the tailor to shave about 3/4 to an inch off the length. This is one of the big values of taking pictures. I see/other people see things that typically will not be seen if you look in a mirror.

Yeah, seeing the pics of this latest jacket compared to your others made me realize I might have to get my own jackets shortened a bit. I think the longer jacket takes away from the silhouette that your shorter ones create, and mine are honestly closer to the longer one. Always thought it was an issue of fit at the waist, not length, but I might have to visit my tailor soon. Props on the fit as always. 

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Are those the burgundy? They look red. I'm deciding what color to cop. I have blue sperrys and brown sperrys but I think a black boat shoe would be hard to pull off. Am I crazy here? I think the burgundy is more versatile.

I will coppin the black ones some time today, but i was thinking the same thing about the burgundy ones. I think it just depends on what colors are floating around in your wardrobe. Could always cop both
pimp.gif

whatsuppp guy i need advice

what do i wear with grey jeans

and what do i wear with a denim button long sleeve??

Originally Posted by FREAKSHOW

whatsuppp guy i need advice

what do i wear with grey jeans

and what do i wear with a denim button long sleeve??

are they solid grey or faded grey? What type of event are you going to? You gotta give us more to go off of. If you can post pics of the jeans that would help alot too.

do you all have any tips on what type of cleaner i should use for a pair of boots that have soft artisan calf-skin uppers/leather?

I asked a ton of pages back but never got an answer, so I'll run the question again, and hopefully someone can help me out this time
laugh.gif

but does anyone know any nice quality leather duffel bags in a reasonable price range? I'm looking around and a lot of brands like RL and others are selling for thousands of $$$'s..

a nice brown or black duffel between 100-300$?

It's hard to find a good leather duffle for the price. You can check out some nice nylon ones made by Filson for that price range. This ones $240.
pFILSON1-6003298dt.jpg

This ones $295.
pFILSON1-6003301dt.jpg

Originally Posted by hella handsome

I asked a ton of pages back but never got an answer, so I'll run the question again, and hopefully someone can help me out this time
laugh.gif

but does anyone know any nice quality leather duffel bags in a reasonable price range? I'm looking around and a lot of brands like RL and others are selling for thousands of $$$'s..

it will be hard to find a designer one for that price.

if you insist on having a designer duffel i suggest you look for different material.

What are you using it for? Weekend bag?

also try ebay.

can anyone recommend me some good fitting light weight hoodies? no fleece on the inside just a light soft material ..just somethin to throw on over a shirt if its windy... nothin too expensive obviously. i had a few of the Polo ralph lauren pique hoodies from the outlet last year for like 30 $ but they have gotten plenty of wear and are starting to break down, so im lookin to scoop up some new ones..

any suggestions?

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

can anyone recommend me some good fitting light weight hoodies? no fleece on the inside just a light soft material ..just somethin to throw on over a shirt if its windy... nothin too expensive obviously. i had a few of the Polo ralph lauren pique hoodies from the outlet last year for like 30 $ but they have gotten plenty of wear and are starting to break down, so im lookin to scoop up some new ones..

any suggestions?

Gap has some really light hoodies, if the brand doesn't matter

Originally Posted by hella handsome

laugh.gif

I like Fossils Leather bags. I have the messenger in this same material and love it. Its $198 here but I would hit spots like TJMaxx and Belks for it on sale around 120. Ebay is a good look too

http://www.ebags.com/prod...c&CAWELAID=420868120

The cheapest pair of shorts- is to make your own.

While their shorts were ranging anywhere from $30-$45 (GAP).. They had these cargo pants for $15.
pimp.gif

125gvmh.jpg

thinking about going to get the light brown and gray also.

Back
Top Bottom