Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

so me and my fiancee have our engagement shoot this weekend and i wanted a pair of brown boat shoes, but ended up getting these...

4605807700_246f0f0e44_b.jpg

ill be pairing it up with this fit, the shorts are much more grey in person, no belt, white v-neck underneath
erez

and this hat
http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/accessories/mens/hats-scarves-gloves/78067811-hazlewood/20

did i make some good choices?...im feeling it, just wanted some of you fashion pros input.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

That's OD. 

"Keep it simple, stupid."

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

When/where is the Gant sample sale?
Gant Showroom – 20 W 55th St between 5th & 6th – 11 fl – Tues8:30am-6:30pm (VIP, Friends & Family), Wed-Thur 8:30am-6:30pm, Fri8:30am-5pm

What shoes do you guys wear with khakis?  I work in the government so it's pretty business casual and wear wallabees with my khakis, any more appropriate alternatives?

Laced up - I'm all about keeping it simple, most of the time you'll find me in a v-neck, so besides the shoes I dunno how the fit is overkill....i mean if i had an LV Belt, coin purse and a messenger bag along with an LV hat...i would understand your statement...but right now is just a simple button down with some shorts and a pair of brown sneakers....I understand we are all entitled to an opinion and that's why I posted the fit, but I would appreciate it if you explained to me how is this not simple...you know?

wallabees are a classic.  it's fine to have your personal preference--but if you rock em right, they're very stylish.

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

What shoes do you guys wear with khakis?  I work in the government so it's pretty business casual and wear wallabees with my khakis, any more appropriate alternatives?

I wore that yesterday as well. mainly I just wear khakis and DBs. alot of the younger people around here wear jeans and tees or polos.
it's real casual

Ok, I need some help man.

I have these T-Will pants from Old Navy - http://oldnavy.gap.com/br...66703&scid=666703032

In charcoal and in the olive color.

What type of shoes can I wear with those? I feel dumb wearing sneakers with them but I don't really have anything in between. SNeakers, dress shoes, soft casual shoes. I want something in between athletic and casual. Any ideas? Throw anything out there

Anything different, I have big feet for my height and I was never a fan of anything all white except for a white t-shirt. LOL

You can wear almost any kind of shoes with those pants, I don't see the difficulty.

Chucks/Jacks
Desert Boots
Boat shoes

edit:

nvm I think I see your problem now, is it cause they're loose?

Those boots are ugly to me. And any similar shoe.

I ain't a super fly type dude. Never really was. If I could wear a T-shirt and jeans + sneakers all the time I would. Some stuff just looks to gay/european to me. Maybe someone understands where I am coming from.

Thanks anyway man.

I don't even know what Jacks, Boat Shoes, or Desert Boots are LOL

Originally Posted by ksteezy

so me and my fiancee have our engagement shoot this weekend and i wanted a pair of brown boat shoes, but ended up getting these...

4605807700_246f0f0e44_b.jpg
I like those shoes a lot. I'm wearing a pair a bit like that today - but lighter brown and just plain leather.

Have been mostly been wearing blue gingham all week too - I bought like 6 shirts a few months ago. Lady at the checkout was looking at me like I was crazy. Couple of Nautica, couple of Gant, one Hilfiger - and another from Eddie Bauer. It's just a style I like.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

those shoes don't look like they should be worn with shorts AT ALL

Absolutely - I wear my similar ones with either jeans or casual khaki's. Boots generally look silly with shorts.

I like those LV Elans but they are definitely not to be worn with shorts, you should get the low-tops instead.
Someone wore the hi's with shorts and posted pic on the high-end designer thread and it did not look good at all.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I like those LV Elans but they are definitely not to be worn with shorts, you should get the low-tops instead.
Someone wore the hi's with shorts and posted pic on the high-end designer thread and it did not look good at all.

I understand what you guys mean, i think it all comes down to preference, I feel the exact opposite, i tried these on and i had jeans and I HATED the look!....
sick.gif

but then when i got home and tried on the whole thing, with the shorts i loved it, guess thats the good thing about fashion, we all have different tastes, i respect all of your opinions, but i have to be true to myself...i love these with shorts...lol
embarassed.gif

for the record, im a veryyyyy simple dude.

Continued the boot-tuck experiment last night, felt like it was an epic fail so I'll just post the pic of the boots.
30uvb6x.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Continued the boot-tuck experiment last night, felt like it was an epic fail so I'll just post the pic of the boots.

RFX - If the boots are a preview of the fit ... then i gotta agree 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But you know whats good about personal style? Failing and learning ... continually till you perfect the art.

Keep stylin'  

Back
Top Bottom