Dressing better

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

going to a semi-formal party tonight
thinking about wearing; white button up, black skinny tie, black vest, dark denim jeans, and black Vans del barco
what do you guys think?
boat shoes for semi formal?

and you could add more color. you'll be looking like a checker board with the black/white combo from top to bottom. too boring.
what shoes do you suggest?
what do you have in your closet? maybe you have something that's "dressier" than a pair of boat shoes.

Got a pair of oakwood clark desert boots yesterday, they're
pimp.gif

I'm going to a semi-formal event myself soon and I was wondering what I should wear..I'm probably not going to be wearing a suit so any suggestions fellas?

I had asked for opinions on the LV elans with shorts a week ago, since i had purchased the fit for my e-shoot, well here is what it looked like....i thought it looked pretty dope.

4628329812_39a2e9444b_o.jpg
4628329656_ef57ac74b2_o.jpg

PS sorry for the repost of pics on the forum.

yup and so are the shorts, my first jcrew purchase, i think ill be going back for more shorts definately, tired of the camo shorts look.

i never was clear on what the requirements to posting a fit on here are, i was flamed by a few users for posting a regular fit before, kindda hesitant to post now...lol

NT Fam can you guys recommend me some great high quality (I guess I don't mind High fashion too) oxfords or loafers I can wear out when I go to the lounge or club? Any experience with Louis Vuitton in terms of quality? Ferragamos? What would you guys recommend would be smooth with an deep indigo shirt and tan/brown pants? I'm going for more subtle style than in your face. I do like the way these look.
http://www.google.com/url...X8Z_rD492LOUvydaudKHC8iw

lacelocka, i wouldnt recommend anything HIGH fashion, specially the designers you mentioned to hit a club, unless you got money growing on trees of course, think about it, its dark and crowded, people stepping all over your 700$ loafers, spilling drinks on them and is not like a chick is gonna walk up to you and say "damn cutie feeling those loafers, wanna go back to my place?"....save those loafers for a nice first date, a work dinner, etc etc...not a club bro...

ksteezy, I take it back, the shoes doesn't look that bad in your pic. Might be the angle but I can't say it looks too bad in the pics.

I think the whole fit would have been better with something like these though, but yours definitely look much betetr that expected.
2ebqyw6.jpg

thanx bro, we can all have different preferences, i didnt expect everyone to agree with my choice...lol

btw what are those, cant really appreciate them from my work pc....the monitor is very poorly calibrated, everything looks like 10 shades darker...

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

NT Fam can you guys recommend me some great high quality (I guess I don't mind High fashion too) oxfords or loafers I can wear out when I go to the lounge or club? Any experience with Louis Vuitton in terms of quality? Ferragamos? What would you guys recommend would be smooth with an deep indigo shirt and tan/brown pants? I'm going for more subtle style than in your face. I do like the way these look.

I wear vans to the club 
laugh.gif
 I wore nice shoes the first time, and they got DESTROYED with so many people stepping on them + spilled drinks + who knows what I was doing when I was drunk. no one can see what shoes youre wearing in the club anyways

Originally Posted by ksteezy

lacelocka, i wouldnt recommend anything HIGH fashion, specially the designers you mentioned to hit a club, unless you got money growing on trees of course, think about it, its dark and crowded, people stepping all over your 700$ loafers, spilling drinks on them and is not like a chick is gonna walk up to you and say "damn cutie feeling those loafers, wanna go back to my place?"....save those loafers for a nice first date, a work dinner, etc etc...not a club bro...

let the man buy designer shoes if he wants.

just to answer him though: I'd pick a Ferragamo though their oxfords are often subtle and plain compared to Gucci,LV and Prada.

I'm biased, but I've owned 2 Ferragamo oxfords that lasted me a very long time.

^^^lol....it was just my opinion, like i said though, if he can do it and not feel remorse later, more power to him.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

I wear vans to the club 
laugh.gif
 I wore nice shoes the first time, and they got DESTROYED with so many people stepping on them + spilled drinks + who knows what I was doing when I was drunk. no one can see what shoes youre wearing in the club anyways

I have to agree.  I was in a lounge/club last night and wore a pair of my work dress shoes there, bad move.  It was maybe my 3rd or 4th time wearing them, and they got filthy.  Luckily nothing stained or scratched.  Just a bunch of stickiness from all the drinks getting spilled.

If it's just a bar/lounge with not much movement, I don't see it being too bad.  A club on the other hand, they're bound to get stepped & spilled on.

ok i have a question, if there are any women lurking this thread please help me out, i got my girl a pair of loubotins as a her wedding gift, she will be wearing them on that day, im just wondering if there is anything that i can purchase to protect the sole?

btw these are the shoes i got her
4561003089_4b8d147869_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom