Dressing better

Originally Posted by Shaze804

15fip80.jpg
Is this fit too formal for a night out in Vegas or should i just go with a nice button up without the blazer? What would yall recommend?

Way too formal.

When I go out in Vegas I'm either doing a blazer with a t-shirt (casual), or a button-down (untucked).

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Question:

I have an interview with a giant biotech corporation on Tuesday (25th), but I don't have a tailored suit (fits boxy at the moment). Do you guys think it'd be ok if i walked in with a navy v-neck sweater + white dress shirt & tie + charcoal grey dress pants?

yea i know,
smh.gif
at me for the lack of preparation
If I were you, I'd wear the suit anyway..even if it fits bad. I just don't think anything else besides a suit can be pulled off on interviews.

The blazer is too much in Vegas.  You're in the desert, if you go clubbing they will be packed so it will be hot.  Just wear a button-up shirt, some slacks, dress shoes.  Skinny tie optional, but it will add some pop you may be looking for.

Originally Posted by Lets Get It 1231

trying this dressing better thing out.... dont mind my touch pro 2 camera phone hahah
I hope you live in Greenland because it's 88 & humid outside right now.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Man.. what kind of color and fabric is this?

Its perfect, the type of navy I want on my suit to be made.  Ideally im after this color and cut:
Its super 120s wool ... and the fabric color is called airforce blue. Mine is a bit darker of an airforce blue.

^^ have one from about 6 years ago from Macy's - Club Room. Check to see if they are carrying it this year.

Originally Posted by Lets Get It 1231

trying this dressing better thing out.... dont mind my touch pro 2 camera phone hahah

19436c72498c941f1b0c0bdf7327bd885248bf0e.jpg
A+ , I suggest investing $12 and hemming the pants for a little break, make the outfit a lot cleaner and you'll look taller

can someone point me in the direction of dress shoes and what kind of style for formal wear, preferably for work.

Formal wear shoes for work or your work is having a formal event you need to attend?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Formal wear shoes for work or your work is having a formal event you need to attend?

I guess mainly for formal but is there a style that can be used for both. kinda broke at the moment.

If it is formal, your safest best is to go with black shoes. I know this probably isn't your price range but something liek this can be pulled off in the work and formal events.
PG_102216888_zm1.jpg

PG_102217497_zm1.jpg

your on a pretty good start already. but to me business man arent flashy, they were very expensive suits but as for as casual style they seem to dress pretty normal, locaste, khakis and the out of norm rolex on the wrist

Originally Posted by dreClark

Has anyone ran into a White/Dark Green gingham?

Been looking for one for a while now.
Dre, I was at the Mens Belk in Crabtree this past weekend and I think they had an white/dark green Izod gingham. I've got the same shirt in the navy/white and pink/white version from Stein Mart, as well as a light green/white and Carolina blue/white gingham shirts made from different brands from Stein Mart as well.

If I recall correctly the Izod gingham in the color you're looking for was on sale for like $20 or $25.

Hey guys,
Here's Me and a friend after graduation.
Shirt (black and white gingham) and tie are both RL Black Label

Pants are J.Crew Ludlow suit pants

Belt is Ferragamo 

Watch is Raymond Weil

Shoes aren't shown in this picture unfortunately. I wore plain black Cole Haan oxfords

... And I am aware that my tie is a little long. I can never get it right; either too long or too short. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom