Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I had asked for opinions on the LV elans with shorts a week ago, since i had purchased the fit for my e-shoot, well here is what it looked like....i thought it looked pretty dope.

4628329812_39a2e9444b_o.jpg
4628329656_ef57ac74b2_o.jpg

PS sorry for the repost of pics on the forum.
You were right. Even though I don't do highs.
Chick's cute too. 

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Trad Thursday:
Deets:

Man.. what kind of color and fabric is this?

Its perfect, the type of navy I want on my suit to be made.  Ideally im after this color and cut:

ok i have a question, if there are any women lurking this thread please help me out, i got my girl a pair of loubotins as a her wedding gift, she will be wearing them on that day, im just wondering if there is anything that i can purchase to protect the sole?

btw these are the shoes i got her
4561003089_4b8d147869_b.jpg

I don't think she will really need to worry about that. the part that shows will not be scratched up, and with most heels scratches here and there aren't all bad otherwise it'll be easier to slip.
My sister has been craving for a pair of those, she's only 14 though so she doesn't need any shoes like that yet, maybe for her 16th or something

The only way to Loubotins preserve them is to not buy them. Any delicate lacquer and a hard surface will result into a worn off sole.

I had asked for opinions on the LV elans with shorts a week ago, since i had purchased the fit for my e-shoot, well here is what it looked like....i thought it looked pretty dope.

looks like it was a lil' chilly out

The fits clean skunk but that's not most relaxed pose i've ever seen. Looks like you bout to start gun slinging at high noon..

Nothing more relaxing than waiting for your camera's timer while hoping someone doesn't walk into your office. I felt like a kid trying to rub one out quick with the door unlocked.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Bro...what kind of shirt is that? Looks dope.

Quick question, to where should a suits sleeves reach when your arm are straight by your side? Im not sure whether I should get the sleeves tailored or not in order to lengthen them a bit.

Also, how should the pants fit in terms of length?

Hey NT I have bought a herringbone blazer at a thrift store for $5 except its a L and I am a M. Would a tailor be able to fix it or is the size just too much to fix? If not I'll probably just mail it to one of you folks.

Originally Posted by BlackChiney06

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Bro...what kind of shirt is that? Looks dope.
its a chambray shirt from J Crew....its on their site under utility shirts. Thanks btw!
i would also like to know about the tailoring of the sleeves, i bought my wedding suit at Mens Warehouse (ive noticed MW is forwned upon in here) but i like the suit and i figure i could taylor it to my standards, anyhow the pants i think i got right, im just unsure about the jacket, there is some space underneath my armpits and when my arms are down the sleeves are exactly 4 inches from the tip of my thumb, the guy helping my is no GQ model so i dunno if to trust his word, or just go with what i want, which i feel is a more fitted jacket.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

All work no play.

img1586w.jpg

a little too much shirt cuff pr0n for me but clean and simple fit.

if anyone is going to cabazon for memorial day, 50% off all shoes.  some of the travel bags are on sale at the moment as well.  anyone hittin up the barney's sale on tuesday?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Hey NT I have bought a herringbone blazer at a thrift store for $5 except its a L and I am a M. Would a tailor be able to fix it or is the size just too much to fix? If not I'll probably just mail it to one of you folks.

questions here get lost pretty quickly. Also I checked out the thrift store again for tweed blazer attempt #2 and this one was a whole lot better. the thing is how short on the sleeves is too short?

33tge39.jpg

Never in a million years did I think I would buy white pants, but I think they work... they're more of a light cream than white which is probably why they aren't that offensive.

$10 H&M shirt
Levis 511 (thanks RFX - these fit me perfectly)
Gucci Loafers

5euww8.jpg

(ignore the money)

ok i have a question, if there are any women lurking this thread please help me out, i got my girl a pair of loubotins as a her wedding gift, she will be wearing them on that day, im just wondering if there is anything that i can purchase to protect the sole?

btw these are the shoes i got her
4561003089_4b8d147869_b.jpg
my wife said they sell red rubber soles on ebay for like $10.

Question:

I have an interview with a giant biotech corporation on Tuesday (25th), but I don't have a tailored suit (fits boxy at the moment). Do you guys think it'd be ok if i walked in with a navy v-neck sweater + white dress shirt & tie + charcoal grey dress pants?

yea i know,
smh.gif
at me for the lack of preparation

Back
Top Bottom