Dressing better

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

no offense to you nii, but how can you say this thread isnt elitist? its super elitist, people are using their own opinion to criticize or praise other people. its based on nothing but personal style. i think a lot of the stuff you wear looks good even if i wouldnt wear it personally. same for other people that post pics in here. its hard to knock someones choice of clothing just because i wouldnt like the way it looked on me.

Not really elitist at all.....For the most part, it feels like one big circlejerk in here to me

It's always interesting when some negativity shows up in here every once in a while. Nii is Nii, and most of us don't dress like him because we're of the younger crowd. But if you do think Nii's or anyone's outfit is atrocious, you should say something in the first place instead of making a little sideways comment later.

But as for something like knocking the fit of someone's clothes, I think it's a very valid and relevant part of "dressing better." This thread is for those that want to "dress better" and fit is a important part of dressing better. If you want to dress in some jeans and a t-shirt, this thread is very likely not relevant to you. When you want to step up into some dressier clothes that is also consequently more expensive, you might as well go for something that fits well and will last you a longer time. That's all Nii is trying to say.

If you're posting pics of your outfit in here, you better be looking for some criticism. Otherwise, you're just a douche looking for some props on the internet.

And if I may, I'd like to take credit for making wj4 leave NikeTalk with my criticism of not only his clothes, but also his character.
grin.gif

Size down because there suppose to be worn with thin low cut socks or no socks at all so you might wanna size down sorry thought someone else might catch it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

302xctk.jpg

snfmtc.jpg

The past couple of weeks has seen several very good efforts from James Bond and David Beckham for Becks’ adidas Originals ObyO capsule.  As with all of the Bond x Beckham joints so far, these feature premium construction, with buttery soft leather playing the starring role on the rarely seen adidas Doley.  They’ve got a bit of the Chuck Taylor vibe with a simple toecap, but instead of rubber from the sole (which is actually vulc on these), it’s a rich caramel brown leather.  Looks great on the toe and heel with navy blue elsewhere and leather laces finish off the luxe look.  Superb execution of a model you don’t see every day, the Becks n Bond Doleys are available at select adidas retailers like Extra Butter.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

.........These might be the first joint's I post in here and actually cop

stupid fresh ... even hotter than the DQM's.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by JPioneer

What do you guys think about my black suit? I can tell you for a fact that the sleeves ain't as short as my left hand makes them look in the picture. Also excuse the dumb hat but it's from my graduation last year
laugh.gif

What in fire marshall Bill's name is that hat about?
laugh.gif

I'm from Finland and it's worn by high school graduates here. If you really care http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_cap
laugh.gif

Thanks for the feedback RFX and Nii. The whole suit cost me a little above 200€ if I remember correctly. The jacket hasn't been altered in any way. I'll get the navy and charcoal versions in the future when I'll have more use for them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by rhester

302xctk.jpg

snfmtc.jpg

The past couple of weeks has seen several very good efforts from James Bond and David Beckham for Becks’ adidas Originals ObyO capsule.  As with all of the Bond x Beckham joints so far, these feature premium construction, with buttery soft leather playing the starring role on the rarely seen adidas Doley.  They’ve got a bit of the Chuck Taylor vibe with a simple toecap, but instead of rubber from the sole (which is actually vulc on these), it’s a rich caramel brown leather.  Looks great on the toe and heel with navy blue elsewhere and leather laces finish off the luxe look.  Superb execution of a model you don’t see every day, the Becks n Bond Doleys are available at select adidas retailers like Extra Butter.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

.........These might be the first joint's I post in here and actually cop

stupid fresh ... even hotter than the DQM's.

price?

No honcho but that dude from Star Wars is a pretty good looking dude. Not really feeling the blue blazer/black jean combo though.

Originally Posted by sammy863dade

HOW DOES THE WALLABEES FIT?

Man, i havent wore a pair of Wallabee's in like 9 years
nerd.gif
. Really thinking about coppin a pair for some casual days
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

week-in-style-matt-lauer.jpg

week-in-style-usher.jpg
If others in this thread are comparing, they'd probably prefer Matt Lauer's look.  I definitely prefer Ushers.  Yes, the pants are probably too long/baggy, sneakers arent' that good looking, but he looks way more comfortable.  Working a 10 hour day in  those super slim pants would have my legs breathing for air.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Originally Posted by quik1987

week-in-style-matt-lauer.jpg
week-in-style-usher.jpg
If others in this thread are comparing, they'd probably prefer Matt Lauer's look.  I definitely prefer Ushers.  Yes, the pants are probably too long/baggy, sneakers arent' that good looking, but he looks way more comfortable.  Working a 10 hour day in  those super slim pants would have my legs breathing for air.

It depends on what you are used to. If you have been wearing baggy pants your whole life and then all of a sudden switch to something a lot more fitted then it will more uncomfortable. I came from baggy clothes too and moved to fitted and it took some getting used to. Now, if I wear baggy pants, or just lsightly baggy where it would sag a bit, it becomes very annoying and uncomfortable. 

Back
Top Bottom