Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Nii--did you get a chance to check out your BB extra slim fits?

On the website it says it has a center box pleat which makes me not want it.

Also--which would you reccomend (I assume both of these have non pleated backs and both contain darts): Charles Trywhitt or TM Lewin?
Oh crap - sorry man, totally forgot ... but looks like RFX answered the question around the box pleats. With respect to CT vs TM Lewin .... i would say they are about the same in terms of price and quality. I have more TM Lewins than CT because i like the patterns TM Lewin puts out more.  

Is there a way on TM Lewin's website to just order the tie that they show in the picture with the shirt. They do a better job at matching them up than I would so I would just like to purchase the set. When I click on the ties separately, I can never find the same tie they used in the pic.

Any coupon codes for TMLewin also?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nii--did you get a chance to check out your BB extra slim fits?

On the website it says it has a center box pleat which makes me not want it.

main1052.gif
Yes, the BB ESF shirts have center back pleats. It doesn't bother me and I actually get it closed. A lot of brands does it, as in closed center back pleats, like Band of Outsiders.
What do you mean you get the box pleat closed? My problem is that the box pleat created extra fabric going all the way down to the waist which makes the waist material too poofy.
Yeah, get it stitched close so it doesn't billow out like such. If the box pleat is stitched close, it won't open up toward the torso. Be warned though, this won't work for everyone, it tends to get a bit too tight in the chest if you do this and with BB ESF's high armholes, it might pull too much if it fits to close to the body.

First pic, open center box pleat. Second pic, closed center box pleat.http://
1730_back.jpg
1654_back.jpg

Go with TM Lewin, good prices, nice patterns, good customer service. Of course, I'm partial since the last 40+ of my dress shirts have all been TML's Windsor Slim Fit.

BB has pretty good service too. I read in Sf that someone bought a shirt from them, after a wash the shirt shrunk. He called the BB CS and got a brand new shirt.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Grey is so dope and versatile imo. From pewter to charcoal to heather grey, they all really look good on me 
laugh.gif

Especially slacks and khaks.

LOVE  it myself

i love black and grey
A n_'s physique is accented like hell in a grey outfit.
Yessir.
pimp.gif

Grey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

funny cuz its true

funny cuz i know both you dudes be in the gym like myself too.

StaXX wrote:

Grey is so dope and versatile imo. From pewter to charcoal to heather grey, they all really look good on me 
laugh.gif

Especially slacks and khaks.

LOVE  it myself

i love black and grey
A n_'s physique is accented like hell in a grey outfit.
Yessir.
pimp.gif

Grey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
funny cuz its true

funny cuz i know both you dudes be in the gym like myself too.

+1
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

kingofny04 wrote:

Anyone have the link to GQs article on the right suit for your body. It had before and after shots of a bad fit transformed into a good fit.

first link that showed up in google ... do a little work bra:
http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200608/how-to-buy-a-suit

Thanks but this wasnt the one I was looking for. The article had chuck liddel and raja bell in bad suits then featured them in tailored suits.

Originally Posted by RFX45

BB has pretty good service too. I read in Sf that someone bought a shirt from them, after a wash the shirt shrunk. He called the BB CS and got a brand new shirt.

wouldn't the new shirt shrink also?  unless he didn't know how to wash a shirt the first time.

Yeah but either they washed it the wrong way or they can start sending it to the dry cleaners the new one or they can compensate the shrinkage and size up?

i thought i would share my new pickups that i got last week . . wore them today, very comfortable & not too bulky.

1zxb045.jpg

those outfits were absolutely poor...ill fitting everywhere, with all that money you' think they could pay a tailor before heading off to the VMA's.
i just hate how all these rich celebs bastardize entire style movements...rolled up cuffs, with a varsity jacket...drakes giant pants over dress shoes...smh

Back
Top Bottom