Dressing better

Bought a few flannels from the thrift shop today (4 for $13 and change 
pimp.gif
).
One of them is J.Crew, the others brands I havent heard of. They all fit a size big though. Im sure they will shrink in the dryer, but is there any other ways to shrink them (in a controlled manner)? They are all cotton, I dont want to over shrink them. Would taking them to a tailor be better? 

I need serious tips on how to dress as a 7footer. most suits are clunky and choppah like. i cannot seem to find anything stylish for the big skinny type

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Go with TM Lewin, good prices, nice patterns, good customer service. Of course, I'm partial since the last 40+ of my dress shirts have all been TML's Windsor Slim Fit.

I got a dress shirt (wing collar type) there a couple of months ago and it is great - just really nice fabric and the shape is just right. Was half price too which made it a decent price.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

guerre1.jpg

guerre5.jpg
I really like the style with those 2 jackets. Looked at a couple a few months ago - versatile things that I could wear with jeans or pants and a tie - but a good one was really expensive. Ended up getting a cheaper linen jacket instead.

It doesn't tell you how long the subscription is, does it?

I haven't completed the transaction yet.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

niidawg, I decided to go with a herringbone vest from brooks brothers to wear to the upcoming wedding this weekend:

http://www.brooksbrothers...ksBrothers/783M_BROWN_1?$altview$

Any thoughts on shirt/tie color combo?

Something like this could work

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/...-dynamite-400a111306.jpg src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qMhBtKe3h...cXfr1Ig/s400/napoleon-dynamite-400a111306.jpg">

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Got 'em

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Anyone have any TM Lewin discout codes. When do they usually have sales?

COR 510 - 5 shirts for a 100 dollars (about 30 bucks a pop). You have to buy 5 shirts though for it to apply ... remember to size up one half or a full size up.

Can anyone repost the GQ link for the subscription, I can't seem to find it looking back through the pages. I'm probably blind but it would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

dukeben18 wrote:

COR 510 - 5 shirts for a 100 dollars (about 30 bucks a pop). You have to buy 5 shirts though for it to apply ... remember to size up one half or a full size up.

Size up on sleeves and neck?

Don't you mean 20 bucks a pop?

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

dukeben18 wrote:

would like to know this as well. what is your normal size (neck and sleeves) and what size do you usually order the TM Lewin shirts in?

thanks,
waystinthyme

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

dukeben18 wrote:

Yes - i am a 16/34 ... i go with 16.5 35 .... they fit pretty well out of the box ... but even better after a couple washes.

Don't you mean 20 bucks a pop?

My bad ... the code is for 5 shirts for 100 POUNDS ... which comes to about 150 dollars ... so 30 dollars a shirt.

Still a ridiculously good deal.  

Back
Top Bottom