Dressing better

so I just got a pair of clark's desert boot in beeswax

is there anything that I should get to make them last longer and stay looking good?

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

looking for a denim down vest w/ either a suede or nubuck material on the shoulders something similiar to the penfield but def not looking into spending $200+ for a vest. if you guys have any options lmk. thanks 
bread-butter-berlin-penfield-down-vest-2.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
any help???

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i'm looking to dress up fancy for my bday this weekend. im thinking brown/tan ferragamo loafers, dark blue seven jeans, dark blue plaid/checkered j. crew shirt, navy blue j. crew blazer.

do you think a red pocket square would go well with that outfit? even further, should i go with a red flower, ala nucky thompson/chalky white, or is that taking it a step too far.

Why not wear a bow tie and go all the way fancy.

my fit for the black out 3 this past weekend at shadow room DC

162967_10150109729265937_541600936_7623545_3418980_n.jpg

Fire. Wheich H&M did you get it from? Gtown? I never find anything good there. Usually the one out in Tysons has pretty good stuff though

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

is there anything that I should get to make them last longer and stay looking good?

Personally, I like the weathered/worn look on DBs.

They're DBs after all, not some Oxfords that are meant to be kept clean and crisp.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i'm looking to dress up fancy for my bday this weekend. im thinking brown/tan ferragamo loafers, dark blue seven jeans, dark blue plaid/checkered j. crew shirt, navy blue j. crew blazer.

do you think a red pocket square would go well with that outfit? even further, should i go with a red flower, ala nucky thompson/chalky white, or is that taking it a step too far.
It depends what brand the pocket square is.
roll.gif

Well done ScarsOrScabs. That outfit sounds good nevertheless...
oh...

i see what you did there

nomar-300x260.jpg

i posted the brands cuz i originally posted it from school when i got the idea for the outfit but couldn't really look up pics in class.  the plan was to go back and edit the post later, but i slacked on it...

_6055403.jpg
shoes are like these but tan

1373782-p-2x.jpg
these jeans tailored

I still need to buy the shirt but i was thinking something like this

2ens237.png

maybe I'll go for more of a black/dark grey and white plaid, what do you guys think?

and this blazer

2ept3cl.png

2mz9s75.png

I think i will go for the dark grey button shirt under the blazer.  thoughts on the pocket square or flower?

Originally Posted by SjuTruth07

I figured this thread would be a good place to pose this question. I'm looking for a nice weekend travel bag. Not an athletic duffel like Nike and definitely nothing on the price level of LV, just something nice for weekend trips, preferably in black. Anyone know of any good ones for reasonable prices? Thanks.

Generaiya would recommend Filson, best bang for your buck. A Filson duffel will last you a lifetime.

Generaiya would recommend saving up and buying a good quality duffel/weekender bag. Odds are you will use it more often as you get older.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

They're DBs after all, not some Oxfords that are meant to be kept clean and crisp.

Like I've said before I've been wearing clarks since primary school I've owned over 60 pairs.. to keep the soles clean what we nicknamed cheesebottoms get a cloth and wipe the soles with Bleach

Originally Posted by hella handsome

my fit for the black out 3 this past weekend at shadow room DC

Fire. Wheich H&M did you get it from? Gtown? I never find anything good there. Usually the one out in Tysons has pretty good stuff though
well i work at the Apple store in Fairoaks mall, so i always chime into the H&M on my way out of work, to see if i find anything worth coppin. 

I have an "unconstructed" blazer, it's very light. It does not fit the way I want it to though, if it did I would wear it all the time. Has anyone ever got alterations to a jacket? I want it all around one size smaller, would they be able to do that?

Throwing this out there:
I am at a storefront here in downtown San Francisco. The store space itself is awesome, however we are closer to art galleries and such more than stores in union square.
I am thinking of perhaps hosting some local designers with rack space, as well as a fantastic place to hold as many parties, trunk/sample sales or anything else.
I'm thinking clothing would be sold on consignment, with parties being a perk, assuming you cover costs of the booze etc.

My questions are:
If anyone follows any lines that are looking for some exposure, blogs or anything else. I'm really just trying to get a collective of smart gentlemen wares.
If anyone on here is starting or looking to grow their own line and need some store exposure?

We've mainly been a multi-brand store, selling everything from Ben Sherman, Marc Jacobs, to Nudie, Gant, Steven Alan, Paul Smith and everything in between. We're rolling with that now, but would really like to mix things up. Hopefully something unique will bring people a couple blocks out from Union square to where we're at.

So if you or someone you know is doing something along those lines and are at all interested shoot me a PM!

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Like I've said before I've been wearing clarks since primary school I've owned over 60 pairs.. to keep the soles clean what we nicknamed cheesebottoms get a cloth and wipe the soles with Bleach

I agree with damnTHOSEjs, clarks look better with wear. It's like a work boot so it looks good and authentic with wear. And since they are relatively cheap and easy to get, you can cop a new pair every season.Just like a pair of fresh white air forces for the summer.

BTW, here is the green pair.

10n5bp4.jpg

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^LOL. Maybe his monitor is messed up haha. But those are definitely purple.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

This is hilarious because they look blue as $+** to me. 
I was just playing, bro. They're blue. Sarcasm doesn't translate well online
laugh.gif

Anyone have any links to toggle coats that aren't terribly expensive, but still look nice?

Back
Top Bottom