Dressing better

If you are driving down from Delaware, which way do you come??..you might pass by white plains and there is a jcrew there

Oh never mind bro, it's completely out of your way...go to the one in the city, I'm sure they have them

Ksteezy- when was the last time you were in jcrew in the westchester? Is there a sale going in store now?
Im in mount vernon btw

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

has anyone ever bough something in tall? im 6'3'' so not sure if i should try it
If you could use an extra inch in the sleeve length while keeping the same general fit in the body, go for it.

I'm the same height as you with a lean build and I buy as much stuff in tall sizes as possible.

No offense, but I don't know what fuss is about those Loafers. They are questionable for me, especially if they are made by H&M.

But hey that's me, just not my cup of tea.

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

I'll try and get some pics up later if I have time.

For those looking for Clark Desert Boots, check your local Nordstrom Rack. I saw a few colors for $59. They had black, sand and beeswax in a pretty good size run.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

Thats a tough one. the contrast of the light blue shirt against the darker pants will be nice (especially if you have a ridikulus belt/shoe combo to set it off
pimp.gif
). on the other hand the blazer and the pants being the same color sometimes takes away from the creativity of a fit like that imho b/c it matches too much to a degree. either way im sure youu'll be straight. you sound like you know what you're doing.  

Gap has some nice cords going for the low about now if anyone is interested. Nicely fitted pant to bring in the New Year if you ask me.   

Originally Posted by Young Street86

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Thats a tough one. the contrast of the light blue shirt against the darker pants will be nice (especially if you have a ridikulus belt/shoe combo to set it off
pimp.gif
). on the other hand the blazer and the pants being the same color sometimes takes away from the creativity of a fit like that imho b/c it matches too much to a degree. either way im sure youu'll be straight. you sound like you know what you're doing.  

Gap has some nice cords going for the low about now if anyone is interested. Nicely fitted pant to bring in the New Year if you ask me.   
Loafers at 34th St

For New Years I'm going for a midnight blue velour, inspired by
tom-ford-fw-01.jpg

or
tom-ford-fw-02.jpg

I'm looking for some slim cargo pants. Anyone know where i can find some online??? My mom bought some from h&m when she went to DC and i really liked them, but they ripped....

dont know if this is the right place to put this

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

has anyone ever bough something in tall? im 6'3'' so not sure if i should try it
If you could use an extra inch in the sleeve length while keeping the same general fit in the body, go for it.

I'm the same height as you with a lean build and I buy as much stuff in tall sizes as possible.
i think a couple inches would help, thanks

Originally Posted by that WAVE

Ksteezy- when was the last time you were in jcrew in the westchester? Is there a sale going in store now?
Im in mount vernon btw

They had a 30% off during the weekend, usually one if te sales reps gives me a heads up on promotions...other than that I always get the 15% student discount with my wife's idBtw I'm right by mt Vernon bro, Yonkers ave and bx river rd...lol

Originally Posted by ksteezy

other than that I always get the 15% student discount with my wife's id

didnt know they did this...now i feel robbed...will be taking my old college id next time.

I got this from an interview

With my first pay packet, I went to Gucci and bought a pair of loafers, suede ones, that I used to clean over a boiled kettle with a wire toothbrush. I’ve always had a liking for threads.

Nowadays I’m more about the fit, the cut. It could be any brand. I don’t care really, I’ll go anywhere: Topshop, a second-hand shop. As long as the gear’s cut to suit my body then I’m happy. It’s not really about the name.

One mistake I think men make is when they’re trying to do too much what’s in fashion at the time. There might be two or three things in and they try and rock it all together. If you go into your own, what you like, what’s good for you and your shape and size, more so than what’s good for everybody else, then you’ll be all right.

Back
Top Bottom