Dressing better

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Originally Posted by myCHENNY

Can anyone here suggest some good tailors in the NYC area? 

15zpaab.jpg
Simple and clean. Dope!

agree. Where did you cop those jeans at?

I'm sure its been asked numerous times before, but I'm in the market for a nice leather shoe that I can wear to work but also function as a shoe that I can wear when I go out. Im thinking some kind of brown oxford - can anyone recommend something that would work with dark jeans?

Also its a bit tough to keep up with certain ppl on this thread with it moving at the speed of light, but!

I'm looking for some comfortable dress shoes for work. Tired of these weak ole cole haans. Any ideas or suggestions? black prefferably

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by manamazing55

just got these oily brown Wallys yesterday...do I need to treat them with any sort of spray prior to wearing?

YaHK.jpg
lighter_fluid.jpg

ok Dave Chappelle, just asking for someone that has knowledge, not your opinion of the style
laugh.gif

u can take ur time and wear maybe a sweater here and there or a cardigan or two. Also some nice chill shoes like polo or something like that. Plus the women in ur class will notice and compliment on what ur wearing. Thats how u kno if ur dressing the part or not or and PLS NO SPERRYS

Nacho, suit looks great. However, I would've gone with different shoes (and then change the belt, of course). Maybe it's just a bad picture but the shoes look old and dull to me. Doesn't go well with the flashy black pinstripe suit and tie combo. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Terrible picture quality from my iTouch. I thought these cameras were way better, but ive been taking some crappy pics with it.

Boots are top notch in quality, suede is great and the red sole is a nice touch. 1/48.
pimp.gif
Info?
nerd.gif

Sebago? and where did you cop?  They look great i love the red sole

Edit: saw they are Ronnie Fieg don't see them on DavidZ
They took it off the site, sold out. 48 pairs made in each colorway I believe. I lucked out finding a returned pair.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Today
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG
hey Nacho - shoulda posted all three pics on SF ... would have gotten more feedback since these two give a better idea of the fit.

- suit fits pretty well. like the shoulders, the waist suppression and the length. I'd work on the lapel roll a little to make it smoother.
 - agree with the feedback about the shoes. i'd have gone with calf leather in brown or black.
 - also i'd have gone with a stronger tie ... this one is blending in with the shirt.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

Just picked up this dark green gingham shirt http://www.brooksbrothers...&Product_Id=1466133#null from Brooks Brothers. Looking for some tie suggestions. Thanks.

solid navy tie
navy tie with pin dots
solid pink/red tie (not jarringly pink/red ... softer hue)
I have that exact same shirt. The color to wear that never fails that I sport is a solid blood red tie (like in the movie Hitman, that red tie) i have 2 a reg and a skinny tie both from brooks bros. Express has also the skinny blood red tie as I copped that also
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

Just picked up this dark green gingham shirt http://www.brooksbrothers...&Product_Id=1466133#null from Brooks Brothers. Looking for some tie suggestions. Thanks.

solid navy tie
navy tie with pin dots
solid pink/red tie (not jarringly pink/red ... softer hue)
I have that exact same shirt. The color to wear that never fails that I sport is a solid blood red tie (like in the movie Hitman, that red tie) i have 2 a reg and a skinny tie both from brooks bros. Express has also the skinny blood red tie as I copped that also
pimp.gif

How is sizing on this shirt? Size up or down? I didn't realize they are only $40.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Nacho, suit looks great. However, I would've gone with different shoes (and then change the belt, of course). Maybe it's just a bad picture but the shoes look old and dull to me. Doesn't go well with the flashy black pinstripe suit and tie combo. Just my opinion.

definitely wouldve changed the shoes.  they look too "used" for that suit. 

i like the tie pattern, but why does it seem like it's the same width from the bottom and up to the knot?  looks off.

Today
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG
hey Nacho - shoulda posted all three pics on SF ... would have gotten more feedback since these two give a better idea of the fit.

- suit fits pretty well. like the shoulders, the waist suppression and the length. I'd work on the lapel roll a little to make it smoother.
 - agree with the feedback about the shoes. i'd have gone with calf leather in brown or black.
 - also i'd have gone with a stronger tie ... this one is blending in with the shirt.

Thanks, I agree with all the feedback.  Seeing yourself in photographs gives you such a better idea.
My brown suede shoes do look bad, can I take them to the cobbler to restore some of the chocolate luster and polish the rubber soles?
Hey I also went against your thoughts on having a tailor go into the shoulders!
This use to be a 42r, very chopper-esque on me as I'm a 40.  I finally found a master tailor, my life is happy now!  He said the fabric was too nice to discard the suit, he assured me he does it all the time.  He went into the shoulders, waist & shorten the jacket about 1.5". Cost me about $200.  Well worth the investment.  I got 3 new suits at his shop right now.

Today

Thanks, I agree with all the feedback.  Seeing yourself in photographs gives you such a better idea.
My brown suede shoes do look bad, can I take them to the cobbler to restore some of the chocolate luster and polish the rubber soles?
Hey I also went against your thoughts on having a tailor go into the shoulders!
This use to be a 42r, very chopper-esque on me as I'm a 40.  I finally found a master tailor, my life is happy now!  He said the fabric was too nice to discard the suit, he assured me he does it all the time.  He went into the shoulders, waist & shorten the jacket about 1.5". Cost me about $200.  Well worth the investment.  I got 3 new suits at his shop right now.

Thats great!! Every man needs to have three things; the fear of God, a loving wife and a great tailor ... lol.

Looks like he did an amazing job on the shoulder. Talk to him about rolling the lapels, he can work on it for you. I'd say keep these as a rainy day/jeans suede shoe (because of the rubber soles) and look into a new pair with leather soles for your suits. Middle level would be something like what i had on today (the Earlhams from Charles Tyrwhitt) or you could ball out and get a pair of C&J Hallams in mocha suede.

Back
Top Bottom