Dressing better

Thanks for the complements guys.

As requested by Jordman23, profile shot

395022323.jpg

Dame Theory, I currently don't have a blog, but I've been thinking about creating one. Maybe when I get a better camera 
laugh.gif

As for today...

395022351.jpg

Headed to my 2nd trip ever to a tailor.

395022347.jpg

1st trip was back when I was in college. I found this old faux Guess coat my mom had got me when I was in grammar school.

395022337.jpg

The sleeves were too short, but the body of the coat fit decent enough to wear. So I took it to a local shop and they added the leather patches you see on the sleeves. 

Which was fine, until the price we agreed upon ($40) was upped to $55 when I went to pick it up
30t6p3b.gif
. Gave her $40 and left. 

Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow with this old Stafford blazer from JCPenney. This'll be a test run to see how good they are.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

395022323.jpg

395022347.jpg
Info on the jeans and if NTers can post where to buy similar styles for sale online. thanks
Also can anyone school me on waxed denim? Never heard of it until today

Those shoes look great. On a side note, thanks to all the tips and advice from this thread I've finally decided to go custom. Just put in an order for 2 custom suits yesterday. Getting a midnight navy/navy either solid or light pinstripe and a gray pinstripe suit. Going to pick out the material in the next few days. Very excited to say the least.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

Yo guys, what stores have the best looking small checkered dress shirts? Kinda like this one but better colors?
P1010481.JPG

I've seen some at Macy's - not sure about the brand though.

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

Yo guys, what stores have the best looking small checkered dress shirts? Kinda like this one but better colors?
P1010481.JPG
That's a typical gingham shirt and you can find them in most colors and at most stores.  Brooks Brothers, Charles Tyrwhitt, J Crew, etc.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Those shoes look great. On a side note, thanks to all the tips and advice from this thread I've finally decided to go custom. Just put in an order for 2 custom suits yesterday. Getting a midnight navy/navy either solid or light pinstripe and a gray pinstripe suit. Going to pick out the material in the next few days. Very excited to say the least.
Where are you getting them made, somewhere local?

^ getting them by someone local. No big name shop, just a very talented low-key designer. I know I'm taking a big-risk by not going somewhere more reputable but I've seen previous work and I can say it's always on point and off highest quality. Both will be 3 pieces. My wife is getting a dress made by this person as well.

Thanks ksteezy. Yo, what kind of camera do you use? I'm in the market for a "real" camera 
nerd.gif

Blackngold1z: The jeans are Levis 511 Eco Blue Flame

Drama23: The bubble is from the GAP

I think you are doing just fine with your camera...lol
But if by real you mean a DSlR...I use a 40d + 10mm fisheye :thumbs up:

Yo, anybody know the name of this material and what brands have some cheap shirts?

It's not suede and not regular cotton, it felt like a thicker cotton when I felt the shirt today. I don't think it was linen either. Pretty hard to describe. It was just a thick material on the shirt. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT- if it helps, the shirt was polo. Navy blue and white collar I think. The logo was in color.

finally warm in nyc again. time to buy a new pair of jeans and bust out the sneakers ive been sitting on since august.

ksteezy, how do jcrew jeans fit/look? do they wash out? and what's the pricing (stuff never costs as much as it says online in the store because of sales/student discount).

i was gonna hit the diesel store for jeans, but i might check out jcrew this go round. i own about 10 of their shirts and jackets but never bought pants there.

Today: Stripes on tartan ...

One pic from over the weekend ...

Textures ...

more on the dark side

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I'm just make sure your belt matches your shoes bro, that's the basic of it IMO... Brown >>>> black IMO. Anywho i love these boots, second wear in three days, God sent for this damn ice/snow season in NY, also picked up this sweater at Tommy for about 70% off, thing came out to 17$
smokin.gif

5417868832_044ee33757_b.jpg

5417260791_0782d2c5e3_b.jpg
I received my Jcrew SS catalog the other day and saw that Jcrew is releasing a couple of vintage NB colorways, I was on the verge of copping some NB's from footlocker, so i decided to check these out in store, unfortunately they only had the grey CW...I couldn't pass on them, they are comfy as hell, no surprise from NB though, the green ones are fireee too.
5417867890_44d8937206_b.jpg
We need a JCREW appreciation thread...seriously..

This Tommy sweater is NICE!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo, anybody know the name of this material and what brands have some cheap shirts?

It's not suede and not regular cotton, it felt like a thicker cotton when I felt the shirt today. I don't think it was linen either. Pretty hard to describe. It was just a thick material on the shirt. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT- if it helps, the shirt was polo. Navy blue and white collar I think. The logo was in color.

Flannel?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Flannel?

Are there one color flannels out there? Never really looked into plain colored ones. I think it might of been an oxford.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Flannel?
or oxford.

Back
Top Bottom