Dressing better

Originally Posted by rockforlight

What was the price of getting your jacket tailored?

$32 even. I took two others in when I picked the "test" up, they're more my size. Since less will have to be done, the cost is gonna be $36 for both.

I he both, the 40d is my second body lolAnother great post aceofjays
smokin.gif
I'm gonna have to take in this old brown blazer I have from EXPRESS that fits me a few sizes too big...see how it comes out.

I appreciate this thread a lot, it's nice to see new outfits, styles, etc.

I just have a quick question for all you guys. I've always been a sweater guy but it seems like everytime I buy a new sweater, etc. the first time I wear it it's perfect but it's never the same after that.

Do you guys bring your nice sweaters, or just nice clothes in general to the cleaners?

I always follow the labels on how to wash them but they always end up getting shrunk, streched out, linty, etc.

It's odd to me. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

It happens a lot to my J.Crew and Polo gear.

Aceofjays....that pic is my motivation right now. I got a few jackets and was trying them on but they're a bit too big. Definitely hitting up the tailor this weekend. Good looks on the pics.

Glad to see Levis releasing the 520's again. I bought a pair from UO a while back and like how they fit. They kinda fit like the 514's but with a tapered bottom, which is what I wanted.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I he both, the 40d is my second body lolAnother great post aceofjays
smokin.gif
I'm gonna have to take in this old brown blazer I have from EXPRESS that fits me a few sizes too big...see how it comes out.

Thanks man. After I get all my blazers done (3 down, 4 to go), I'm gonna see what they can do about a couple pair of selvedge jeans I have. 
sensation87: The boots are from Aldo, the style is Umphrey. Love 'em, but I beat 'em. I need a new pair of semi-dress boots now.

Storm2006: That's what's up! The tailor is my new best friend, forever 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I just looked up the price on a 40d 
eek.gif
. I'll be going with a "baby" DSLR
laugh.gif
, maybe the upcoming t3i.

To the tailor...

So, this is the jacket I had the test run performed on

Before:

395022327.jpg

Huge, I know. I bought this back when "I thought I was doin' it"
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

During:

I can't front. Seeing the jacket change before my eyes was slightly invigorating.

Here's how it turned out. I'm pleased. She took 6 inches out (~3 sizes down) and moved the buttons in about an inch.

After:

is that an sx110is?  i really need to learn how to use mine, so if you...or anyone else for that matter, can shed some light on this id appreciate...my pictures come out looking like rubbish

Originally Posted by aceofjays
thats a great job your tailor did. you need better shirts with longer collar stays which would slide under your jacket. gives a cleaner look.

Could you guys direct me to where I can purchase some decent priced sport coats? JC Penney? Macy's? Nordstrom? Men's Warehouse?

Originally Posted by CJ003

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by NTID1

Originally Posted by Meangene4

PltcsAsUsual wrote:

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:

laugh.gif
 The past like 50 pages is FULL of hightop (midcut) boat shoes fam.

I personally love everything midcut, dress boots, boat shoes, sneakers, etc. I dont even know why...

gray pair was on sale Nordstrom.com for $79!...sold out now tho, i missed out on another pair
frown.gif
Sebago x Vane. I'm gonna go by the Vane store in chinatown to see if i can scoop em from this dude Michael there for that price.

2cfqjr8.jpg

Mine have boatshoe sole, boot version should be in there now too...
1.jpg

ps: I'm sad that I've caught up to the last page, now i have to actually wait or go on another hiatus to get a lot to read...damn.
sick.gif
 and not in a good way to the brown pair.
Those black ones are really nice though. Better pics?

Oh, and those Timberland Boat Chukkas are looking really nice too. 
pimp.gif

yeah, saw the brown in person....didnt help em look much better. may b only good in jeans/pants?
I roll mine down slightly, heres one pic i had...wish they still looked that new, mine were half size small and think  i stretched em out quite a bit. Very smooooth leather.
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

34ynvc6.jpg
These shoes get a TON of looks/compliments though...thats why u gotta show that they're "convertible" 
pimp.gif

other pics online:

2.jpg

Honestly, you really gotta see em in person to get the full effect. WHen i saw em in person i was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Nordstrom carries them and the other Vane X Sebago collection too. The Blue/gum sole Lighthouses are dope too:

4.jpg

can anyone post a pic of the black Vane by Sebago Double Layer Ankle Boots with pants on? The look clean on nordstroms site, but I need to see what they look like w/ pants before i pull the trigger.

Got a crappy phone cam only man...or I'd have a pic already. I'll try to take one later though...really though it looks like the Ronnie fieg lghthouses posted earlier...depending on how u wear them, it'll look different & depending on the taper on your jeans. You cant really wear em "tongue out", since the tongue is very short, plus these things dont call for that kinda hypebeast action anyways. so many ways to wear em honestly

I need a pair of brown leather wingtip boots/shoes for a reasonable price (mostly for happy hour, with jeans)... any suggestions?

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Great fit aceofjays

Thanks man.
[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
niidawg3[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 02/08/115:44 PM
[/td][td]
aceofjays wrote:

thats a great job your tailor did. you need better shirts with longer collar stays which would slide under your jacket. gives a cleaner look.[/td][/tr][/table]
nii can you elaborate on this? When you say, "...longer collar stays which would slide under you jacket." are you referring to a spread collar shirt?

thinkinFRESH: Thanks, I can't wait 'till Thursday to see how the other 2 turned out 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

is it possbile to bee fat and still look good.....

As a former fatty... no, it's not. No one's going to lose weight if you keep telling them they look good. Trust me, all these nice styles wouldn't work if your overweight. I mean I lost 105 lbs and Im still trying to lose a couple more so I can get into more slim-fit stuff.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by MECKS

is it possbile to bee fat and still look good.....

As a former fatty... no, it's not. No one's going to lose weight if you keep telling them they look good. Trust me, all these nice styles wouldn't work if your overweight. I mean I lost 105 lbs and Im still trying to lose a couple more so I can get into more slim-fit stuff.

word. seeing the !#%# aceo pulls off makes me wanna drop 86 lbs...
laugh.gif

nice choice of words. fatty
pimp.gif

I really wish i could find a pair of these im in love.  I guess since they are sebago nexus project that means super limited

images

images

Back
Top Bottom